NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 45 - All Hands on deck

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 45 - All Hands on deck - Page 12 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 45 - All Hands on deck

Post by robelgordo Wed May 29, 2024 1:52 pm

Tigs wrote:

And a fully fit backrower... As Liam Martin pulled out of training when they started high impact running...

Surely if Martin is busted one of Haumole/Young to start, Barnett on bench. Feels like the 20 player squad covers that.

I'd let Hynes have as long as he can. Also maybe this is a Qld-type inury ie. grossly exaggerated to feed the media gulls some crumbs.

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 45 - All Hands on deck - Page 12 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 45 - All Hands on deck

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2024 1:55 pm

wolfking wrote:I wonder if they are able to call Moses in if he has a blinder tomorrow.

Madge has been telling porkies all along, anything is possible.

I doubt the Qld camp really care who plays
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed May 29, 2024 1:57 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Makes it real hard to swing the axe on guys like Crichton and Hynes who will finish top 2 in their position for averages

Agreed. 

I'm still getting rid of Crichton though because there's no guarantee he comes back after a 40-0 origin loss as the same player.
    Hynes will of course cop the blame for the drummin so will perform as a man spurned and pump out a few banners for the Sharkies.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed May 29, 2024 2:01 pm

Camo123 wrote:
    Must have been focusing too much on Edwards lol

Quick rant

The Sydney Morning Herald had an article that was something like "the one stat and six charts that shows why Edwards replaced Teddy". And the one stat was kick return metres. But aren't kick return a trash metric in isolation?

Edwards is fantastic but:
    - he gets a lot of KRMs because teams don't want to kick at To'o and probably even Turuva, To'o is likely the hardest winger to tackle in the game and Turuva would be underrated in that area.
    - I would guess Panthers get a lot of KRMs because territorially they dominate and field more long kicks, where there is the space to make big returns.

Worth noting 2nd and 3rd on KRMs are Tuaupiki and Chevy. Rookies that opposing teams want to test our rather than kick to the wings. Meanwhile the likes of Turbo, HTF etc. are a long way down

Seems like really poor analysis

Also the 6 charts were donuts which is pie-chart level garbage.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed May 29, 2024 2:05 pm

Makes it real hard to swing the axe on guys like Crichton and Hynes who will finish top 2 in their position for averages

I did Crichton to Teddy this week. A bit sideways, but at least it's keeper for keeper.
    I'm looking at holding Hynes & Haas through the origin period, even if they only play limited games/minutes
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 29, 2024 2:06 pm

I dont really pay attention to much media but there was somethinf ~somewhere~ recently that pointed out exactly that.. kick return metres mean fuck all
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed May 29, 2024 2:08 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Quick rant

The Sydney Morning Herald had an article that was something like "the one stat and six charts that shows why Edwards replaced Teddy". And the one stat was kick return metres. But aren't kick return a trash metric in isolation?

- he gets a lot of KRMs because teams don't want to kick at To'o and probably even Turuva, To'o is likely the hardest winger to tackle in the game and Turuva would be underrated in that area.
    - I would guess Panthers get a lot of KRMs because territorially they dominate and field more long kicks, where there is the space to make big returns.

Worth noting 2nd and 3rd on KRMs are Tuaupiki and Chevy. Rookies that opposing teams want to test our rather than kick to the wings. Meanwhile the likes of Turbo, HTF etc. are a long way down

did somebody say donuts?

-insert Homer Simpson GIF -

OMG I didn't realise how many different Homer donut GIFs there are Shocked
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed May 29, 2024 2:15 pm

my tv broke wrote:I dont really pay attention to much media but there was somethinf ~somewhere~ recently that pointed out exactly that.. kick return metres mean fuck all

Just annoys me more than it should because I deal with similar day-to-day at work haha. Not kick return metres obviously, just people with data skills (easier to teach IMO) but not analytical ones (aka "the vibe").
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed May 29, 2024 2:18 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Just annoys me more than it should because I deal with similar day-to-day at work haha. Not kick return metres obviously, just people with data skills (easier to teach IMO) but not analytical ones (aka "the vibe").

Are kick return meters a similar stat to the amount of post you make here on the nrlff forum?
    quantity doesn't necessarily equal quality
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed May 29, 2024 2:26 pm

Chewie wrote:
    robelgordo wrote:

Quick rant

did somebody say donuts?

-insert Homer Simpson GIF -

OMG I didn't realise how many different Homer donut GIFs there are Shocked

In fairness, you managed to find 37 Simpsons What’s the Matter Son GIF’s last night, and that ismuch more obscure.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 29, 2024 2:27 pm

Chewie wrote:

Are kick return meters a similar stat to the amount of post you make here on the nrlff forum?
    Shocked
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed May 29, 2024 2:27 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Two fantasy relevant posts in a row gotta follow it up with a shit post

How many points would Nicho Hynes average if he had to wear sandals during the game

Lol

Can someone ask that ChatMedicalGP this?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed May 29, 2024 2:32 pm

Chewie wrote:
    robelgordo wrote:

Did robelGordoZek steal your Porg’s?
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed May 29, 2024 2:36 pm

I actually think it will lead to the entire playstyle for the Roosters changing, mainly due to uncertainty around the right edge position

Since Penrith became dominant ~5 years ago teams have mostly been trying to copy their playstyle with a mobile ball playing 13 that is built around the fact Yeo is an excellent ball player, good ball runner and super durable. The only bloke in the comp who can go close to replicating the role is Cam Murray but only 2 teams get to have those players.

Rooster look to be trying to zig while everyone else zags (which conveniently plays into the strength of their players). By moving Radley to the edge it strengthens the position Robbo considers weakest (so far we have had Wong, Tupouinua, Nat Butcher and Radley rotate through that spot. Whyte even had a stint in one game), while also allowing the Roosters to get back to the style that won a few comps, smashmouth footy. 3 bigs rotating through the middle getting front foot ball with the point of attack switching from lock one pass wide to dummy half. This lets the Roosters play flat and fast around the ruck and leans into the power running game that suits most of the attacking weapons (Walker, BSmith, Watson, Teddy, Manu)

Robbo has realised that Penrith-lite isn't gonna cut it in the finals so is pivoting now to get the squad used to the play style. I expect we see all of Collins, JWH, Whyte, May, Leniu, Watson, Butcher rotate through the middle in shorter stints

Best pack probably looks something like this

Collins
    BSmith
    JWH
    Crichton
    Radley
    Whyte

Watson
    May
    Leniu
    Butcher

Excellent analysis MS.
    I'm actually surprised that it took Robbo this long to recgnise that he doesn't have a Yeo / Murray type Lock sitting in his shed, and that the Roosters do have a ridiculously powerful Middle rotation. That and rep level backs ...
    Oh and a salary cap that doesn't appear to have an upper limit ...

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2024 2:40 pm

Mikaele lotto still has him sub 35min, despite starting No 13.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed May 29, 2024 2:40 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Preach it sister!
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed May 29, 2024 2:41 pm

Chewie wrote:

maybe I should rephrase that... I meant FOG teams that are currently in the top 1000
    Damn it! So my team is as shit as I first thought.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 29, 2024 2:46 pm

Who are the best targets to look at post this week?

At the moment I’m at Jahrome Hughes and that’s about it
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed May 29, 2024 2:48 pm

Would you bring Hands (via Talagi) into your side this week (no HOK as Robson is my sole HOK) over Mahoney or JMK if it means I can go Mikaele to Ffi next week?
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed May 29, 2024 2:52 pm

Khany wrote:Mikaele lotto still has him sub 35min, despite starting No 13.

Probably. Enough time to score 50-60 points

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:19 am