NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 45 - All Hands on deck

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 45 - All Hands on deck - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 45 - All Hands on deck

Post by Milchcow Wed May 29, 2024 2:53 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Who are the best targets to look at post this week?

At the moment I’m at Jahrome Hughes and that’s about it

Tigers, Storm, Titans and Rabbitohs will have had 2 of their 3 byes after this week

Tigers next bye is R26 so non-origin Tigers (ie all of them) will play every round for the 12 weeks.

Storm remaining bye is round 19 (origin 3)
    Titans + Souths are both in R17 (week after origin 2) along with Manly

Panthers only remaining byes are R16 + R19 so if you can cover those weeks already Panthers players provide a good bye schedule (just beware of their guns getting rested)

Cowboys and Roosters haven't had any bye yet, so perhaps be careful before you rush their players into your team (or grab Teddy now, who am I to tell you what to do)
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 45 - All Hands on deck - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 45 - All Hands on deck

Post by Loomer Wed May 29, 2024 2:55 pm

I have great cover for every week but 19. It's brutal. Like 10 with 1 trade in this week. I'll be focusing future trades on getting numbers up for rd 19 and not too many from the 3 teams that don't play 20
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed May 29, 2024 2:56 pm

Chewie wrote:

Are kick return meters a similar stat to the amount of post you make here on the nrlff forum?
    quantity doesn't necessarily equal quality

Pretty sure there is a direct correlation, for example let's take a poster with reasonable longevity (for the purposes of this exercise letrs call them Kravdraa) while the posts per season stat of itself is less impressive than some of our more prolific members, closer examination reveals that a very high percentage of the posts are absolute zingers (i.e. tries) and of the ones that were not, a high percentage often set the groundwork for zingers which replied to the original post or followed in a few posts time (i.e. try assists, line breaks or line break assists)

Very few were out and out duds (loose carries, knock ons).

It's just simple data science....
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed May 29, 2024 2:57 pm

Aardvark wrote:

I'm seriously thinking of grabbing Moses this week.....hopefully he can lead my fantasy team to the promised land (which at this point is where I was before last weeks apocalypse round)

It's not a soft tissue/ligament injury so if he's right to go he's probably right to go.

It's more likely he has an alright game this round, Hynes gets injured/has a complete stinker and Moses gets drafted in to play games 2 & 3.

Speaking of the apocalypse listening to Killing Joke's 1980 self titled debut atm.....I like it.
    Isn’t Hynes already injured?
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed May 29, 2024 2:57 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Isn’t Hynes already injured?

injureder
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 29, 2024 2:58 pm

Cheers Milch, probably worth a little bit of study
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 29, 2024 2:59 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:Would you bring Hands (via Talagi) into your side this week (no HOK as Robson is my sole HOK) over Mahoney or JMK if it means I can go Mikaele to Ffi next week?

Unless he's playing 70 minutes, Hands is not a great scorer. Its possible he'll become a dead spot in your team - not make enough money to sell and not be scoring well enough to play (but still take the field and not useful as loop enabler)

If you think the cash saved is worth it over a more reliable scorer like Mahoney/JMK then go for it.

Disclaimer, I am getting Hands in this week. I want the cash, the score this week, and the hope that he keeps getting enough minutes to be playable, at least for the origin period.
    I understand it is not without risk
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed May 29, 2024 3:01 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Makes it real hard to swing the axe on guys like Crichton and Hynes who will finish top 2 in their position for averages

Angus plays max 3 games next 6. What has changed this year that we don't talk about ability to score more points due to playing more games or have some people burned too many trades already?
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed May 29, 2024 3:01 pm

Good points by Milch.

My targets are pretty influenced by bye structures. Only planned trades before R20 are

David Fifita
    Latrell Mitchell
    Jack Wighton
    Stefano Utoikamanu
    Euan Aitken

in for

Trei Fuller
    Nico Hynes
    Sam Hughes
    Morgan Smithies
    Angus Crichton

Don't at all love losing Gus and Nico, but the numbers seem to work.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed May 29, 2024 3:06 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

Good points by Milch.

My targets are pretty influenced by bye structures. Only planned trades before R20 are

David Fifita
    Latrell Mitchell
    Jack Wighton
    Stefano Utoikamanu
    Euan Aitken

in for

Trei Fuller
    Nico Hynes
    Sam Hughes
    Morgan Smithies
    Angus Crichton

Don't at all love losing Gus and Nico, but the numbers seem to work.
    Would look at Twal over Stefano but looks good (cheaper also)
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed May 29, 2024 3:08 pm

These are on my radar

Uto
    Twal
    Wighton
    Fififta (if you don't have him already)
    Koro
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed May 29, 2024 3:08 pm

Aardvark wrote:
    Chewie wrote:

Are kick return meters a similar stat to the amount of post you make here on the nrlff forum?
    quantity doesn't necessarily equal quality

Pretty sure there is a direct correlation, for example let's take a poster with reasonable longevity (for the purposes of this exercise letrs call them Kravdraa) while the posts per season stat of itself is less impressive than some of our more prolific members, closer examination reveals that a very high percentage of the posts are absolute zingers (i.e. tries) and of the ones that were not, a high percentage often set the groundwork for zingers which replied to the original post or followed in a few posts time (i.e. try assists, line breaks or line break assists)

Anyone else Google Kravdraa before they realised? Actually thought it might have been a Star Wars reference Embarassed
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed May 29, 2024 3:12 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Unless he's playing 70 minutes, Hands is not a great scorer. Its possible he'll become a dead spot in your team - not make enough money to sell and not be scoring well enough to play (but still take the field and not useful as loop enabler)

If you think the cash saved is worth it over a more reliable scorer like Mahoney/JMK then go for it.

Disclaimer, I am getting Hands in this week. I want the cash, the score this week, and the hope that he keeps getting enough minutes to be playable, at least for the origin period.

Whats the more likely scenario?
    1. Hands loses minutes to Talagi off the bench, or
    2. Lussick regains a bench spot and eats into Hand's minutes.

I'm keen on bringing Hands in but struggle to see either of these two scenarios playing out. Provided the team list remains as is come kick-off, Hand's minutes should be relatively safe with no clear indication that they wont continue (unless I'm missing a Lussick injury or something)..
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed May 29, 2024 3:12 pm

Camo123 wrote:
    Would look at Twal over Stefano but looks good (cheaper also)

Yeah, that's a good shout - cheers. Suspect Uto has better JS, but can't deny the love for the try scoring machine that is big Al Twal
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed May 29, 2024 3:14 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Anyone else Google Kravdraa before they realised? Actually thought it might have been a Star Wars reference Embarassed

lol!
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed May 29, 2024 3:14 pm

Aardvark wrote:

So worth getting this Kravdraa in fantasy fantasy?
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed May 29, 2024 3:15 pm

Chewie wrote:

So worth getting this Kravdaa in fantasy fantasy?

God no  What a Face ......although they are certainly putting in a 'legendary' performance in fantasy fantasy this season
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed May 29, 2024 3:18 pm

Milchcow wrote:

GreenSchist wrote:

I'm keen on bringing Hands in but struggle to see either of these two scenarios playing out. Provided the team list remains as is come kick-off, Hand's minutes should be relatively safe with no clear indication that they wont continue (unless I'm missing a Lussick injury or something)..

Initially I wasn't keen on Hands, but I am in the market for a Hooker to cover for JMK.
    Strange to Hands could be a viable trade next week study
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 29, 2024 3:18 pm

GreenSchist wrote:

I have some concerns about Lussick (or some other hooker) getting enough of a role that Hands doesn't give good Fantasy output

People may disparage Lussick, but Hands is not someone who demands gametime either.

I'm rolling with him, and may regret it. But for now the obvious narrative is that Hands is the best they've got and will get good game time, and Barrett will pick his team accordingly.

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2024 3:20 pm

Smithies BE is achievable (although unlikely) would anyone consider holding him for rd 16 and misses 14 ?

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:02 pm