NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 50 - Brandon Smith went to a restaurant, and ate all the food in the restaurant, and they had to close the restaurant

The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 50 - Brandon Smith went to a restaurant, and ate all the food in the restaurant, and they had to close the restaurant - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 50 - Brandon Smith went to a restaurant, and ate all the food in the restaurant, and they had to close the restaurant

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:05 pm

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:

If Hopgood is fit surely he is playing origin? If he is unfit he isn't playing club? Theres a real possibility he misses 15, 16, 19 & 20 and is backing up in 17. Also bleeding cash

He was an origin benchie - I can already cover him for 15, 16, 19 @ 20. If I trade him out now I will just need to bring him back in when he is more expensive again
    yanjarra
    yanjarra

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 50 - Brandon Smith went to a restaurant, and ate all the food in the restaurant, and they had to close the restaurant - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 50 - Brandon Smith went to a restaurant, and ate all the food in the restaurant, and they had to close the restaurant

Post by yanjarra Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:05 pm

Finch wrote:

Ehhh perhaps, but that's only if Koro stays in the halves which seems near 0% chance of happening imo

Might only need a week or 2 of scores out of him in key rounds depending on your team structure. Then can sit doing sfa in 21 for rest of year and give a looping option. Also a max cash out if youve got some cows you need to milk and its getting to that time of year where its milking season. People are gunna want some spare cash for some bottoming guns that are imminent.

Koros an origin chance. He'll go back to hooker for tigers though for sure.

Worth a considers all im saying, by no means a hidden golden nugget
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:09 pm

Bringing Koro in to avoid playing with 15. I have no HOK for next week so he's more than just a one week play.

Has potential to be a keeper if he stops missing 10 tackles a game. Fingers crossed.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:09 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

He was an origin benchie - I can already cover him for 15, 16, 19 @ 20. If I trade him out now I will just need to bring him back in when he is more expensive again
    Don't reckon it'll be mandatory to get Hopgood back in.

Also if I don't trade Hopgood this week I'll be playing with 14 at best (after trading KPP), call me glass half empty, but my fantasy season is so fucked I can't really afford to miss any opportunity to score points.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:09 pm

Welsh Mafia wrote:Bringing Koro in to avoid playing with 15. I have no HOK for next week so he's more than just a one week play.

Has potential to be a keeper if he stops missing 10 tackles a game. Fingers crossed.
    Had him since round 1, don't do it to yourself man
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:11 pm

yanjarra wrote:

Might only need a week or 2 of scores out of him in key rounds depending on your team structure. Then can sit doing sfa in 21 for rest of year and give a looping option. Also a max cash out if youve got some cows you need to milk and its getting to that time of year where its milking season. People are gunna want some spare cash for some bottoming guns that are imminent.

Koros an origin chance. He'll go back to hooker for tigers though for sure.

Worth a considers all im saying, by no means a hidden golden nugget
    Those looping options will really help when you rarely have 17 players 

I like Sharpe as bye round play into red dot but even if I only have max 1 bye player from teams in run in still going to get fisted
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:14 pm

Hey folks. Not really one to post my own team or post questions often but a bit stuck what to do this week. Have 13 trades left and 1.3M in the kitty. Currently down to 15 for the week, so looking at selling Shoes more than likely, perhaps Dom Young. Want to bring in someone who plays this week AND next week. I'm likely short a WFB next week, and that's with Dom Young playing. Perhaps an Edge as well depending how Fifita goes, although if Fifita is out and Galvin gets named, Plath can take the edge spot. Any suggestions? Thanks heaps  Beating Heart

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 50 - Brandon Smith went to a restaurant, and ate all the food in the restaurant, and they had to close the restaurant - Page 41 Team_r12
    yanjarra
    yanjarra

Post by yanjarra Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:15 pm

Camo123 wrote:
    Those looping options will really help when you rarely have 17 players 

I like Sharpe as bye round play into red dot but even if I only have max 1 bye player from teams in run in still going to get fisted

It's called hoping for the best and expecting the worst. Fully expect a good fisting and limping in with zero trades and 12 players in final round
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:17 pm

yanjarra wrote:

It's called hoping for the best and expecting the worst. Fully expect a good fisting and limping in with zero trades and 12 players in final round
    That’s my tactic. Don’t steal it
    Wiremu Trades Gone?
    Wiremu Trades Gone?

Post by Wiremu Trades Gone? Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:19 pm

Who wins this game? Titans probably the favourites but with Fifita out it’s a great chance for Tigers to nab a win
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:22 pm

Finch wrote:Hey folks. Not really one to post my own team or post questions often but a bit stuck what to do this week. Have 13 trades left and 1.3M in the kitty. Currently down to 15 for the week, so looking at selling Shoes more than likely, perhaps Dom Young. Want to bring in someone who plays this week AND next week. I'm likely short a WFB next week, and that's with Dom Young playing. Perhaps an Edge as well depending how Fifita goes, although if Fifita is out and Galvin gets named, Plath can take the edge spot. Any suggestions? Thanks heaps  Beating Heart

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 50 - Brandon Smith went to a restaurant, and ate all the food in the restaurant, and they had to close the restaurant - Page 41 Team_r12
    Hey man Plath is a MID so can't cover Fifita, though surely Fifita is back next week.

I'd be moving on from Shoes 100% and would be pretty comfortable cutting and running with Armstrong's money. He doesn't play next week anyway, and even if he's back in 18 Ponga will be back real soon to take his job. I haven't heard about the severity of Dom's injury so not sure if he's a sell or not.

You could look to bring in Manu with that much cash in the bank. No chance for origin, is a clear gun, and can help boost your CTR/WFB stocks for round 16
    precursor
    precursor

Post by precursor Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:23 pm

Finch wrote:Hey folks. Not really one to post my own team or post questions often but a bit stuck what to do this week. Have 13 trades left and 1.3M in the kitty. Currently down to 15 for the week, so looking at selling Shoes more than likely, perhaps Dom Young. Want to bring in someone who plays this week AND next week. I'm likely short a WFB next week, and that's with Dom Young playing. Perhaps an Edge as well depending how Fifita goes, although if Fifita is out and Galvin gets named, Plath can take the edge spot. Any suggestions? Thanks heaps  Beating Heart

With that amount of trades I think you can certainly afford to trade Armstrong.

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:23 pm

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 50 - Brandon Smith went to a restaurant, and ate all the food in the restaurant, and they had to close the restaurant - Page 41 Brian-To-o

Do you guys prefer the same sort of banner to keep it consistent up the top or would you prefer I try different styles?
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:23 pm

That’s me done I’m afraid. Too many injuries before anyone gets a chance to play and get injured. More out today. That’s bad luck I know but what really is the point in having to play 15 every week. I’m off to Supercoach. These squads just aren’t big enough! Good luck all and see you next year!
    yanjarra
    yanjarra

Post by yanjarra Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:24 pm

not a lot of safe options left for you from the teams that haven't played this week and fit your parameters.

i'd probably be having a think about wishart and katoa

armstrong your most obvious trade out

p.s. campbell and manu also good options others have suggested here, just be a bit careful with campbell i bought him in last week and he was limping the whole game and heavily taped despite the good score, i actually think the trainer ran some pain relief out to him on a couple of occasions

Last edited by yanjarra on Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    yanjarra
    yanjarra

Post by yanjarra Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:26 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:That’s me done I’m afraid. Too many injuries before anyone gets a chance to play and get injured. More out today. That’s bad luck I know but what really is the point in having to play 15 every week. I’m off to Supercoach. These squads just aren’t big enough! Good luck all and see you next year!

its a fiasco.

they definitely need to be doing a bit of an overhaul next year to make it all less lottery like
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:26 pm

Jahrome Hughes and any other gun (doesn’t need to be R16 with DPP) for other Hughes and Armstrong would leave you full 13 assuming all of Galvin, Young and Fifita play as you can move Weekes to WFB

Last edited by Camo123 on Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:26 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I've pulled trigger on Hopgoid to Yeo.

Stuff byes, bye players only get injured anyway. Just grabbing a top scorer at a decent price and hope he backs up from origin .

Hopgood look stone missing at least 4 of the next 6, so can afford to spend a trade on him I think.

Yeahhh, maybe it makes the most sense to trade him out. It's just hard to pull the trigger on a keeper with such low trades. KPP feels more like a player that might not stick around all year. Where Hop will just have a rough 4-5 weeks but I guess there's a chance he's broken now
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:27 pm

I have massive FOMO on Campbell but not getting another Rd 17 bye player
    yanjarra
    yanjarra

Post by yanjarra Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:27 pm

Camo123 wrote:
    That’s my tactic. Don’t steal it

its a faultless plan, always works out

Current date/time is Sat Oct 19, 2024 1:32 am