NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 54 - Will the real Jake Sully please stand up

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 54 - Will the real Jake Sully please stand up - Page 12 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 54 - Will the real Jake Sully please stand up

Post by wolfking Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:39 am

Weiland wrote:

I don't know about getting rid of Carrigan. Consistent Mid keepers are like gold this season and I think Carrigan is up there with the best.

Yeah, I regret trading him out last week regardless if he plays or not. Even though it was for Ted and points, still feels wrong. I'd love to get him back in. Late bye though hurts.

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 54 - Will the real Jake Sully please stand up - Page 12 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 54 - Will the real Jake Sully please stand up

Post by Guest Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:50 am

Cam Murray got through an impressive 62 min, and is a good price.

Joins DCE, Ol'a as targets

Last edited by Khany on Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:51 am

Weiland wrote:

I don't know about getting rid of Carrigan. Consistent Mid keepers are like gold this season and I think Carrigan is up there with the best.

wolfking wrote:

Yeah, I regret trading him out last week regardless if he plays or not.  Even though it was for Ted and points, still feels wrong.  I'd love to get him back in.  Late bye though hurts.

Yeah, that's my feeling plus i love having him in my team. I think I need to make some other moves to get Hynes....maybe next week (which is what scares me)
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:04 am

Barry Toohey talks about Ponga return in Newcastle Herald but it’s behind a paywall can anyone bypass it?
    lubedragon
    lubedragon

Post by lubedragon Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:10 am

Anyone reckon Hynes goes nuclear against the dogs tommorow night?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:11 am

Rabbits21 wrote:Barry Toohey talks about Ponga return in Newcastle Herald but it’s behind a paywall can anyone bypass it?

Here you go

Toohey's News: Tyson's worth the Gamble for the Knights

Injured five-eighth Tyson Gamble has ended speculation over his playing future by signing a new two-year-deal with the Newcastle Knights.

And we can reveal veteran back-rower Tyson Frizell has also committed for another 12 months, turning his back on interest from England to take up his option for 2025.

Gamble's contract extension is a real show of faith from the club as the five-eighth has not played since fracturing his foot against the Wests Tigers in Tamworth in round 10.

He faces a further few weeks on the sideline before he is due back but is no certainty to reclaim his NRL spot with Will Pryce set to debut in the No.6 jersey against Parramatta on Saturday night.

In further contract news, development player Fletcher Myers is on the move after being offered an immediate release to join South Sydney. A centre/winger, Myers only joined the Knights from Manly at the start of this season.

Where there's a Will

Adam O'Brien says there is a simple reason why it's taken young Englishman Will Pryce 17 rounds to make his NRL debut for the Knights.

"Because until now, he hadn't earned the jersey,"O'Brien told us. "And to his credit, Will would be the first one to admit that.

"I've sat with him in my office when there has been pressure coming from everywhere for him to be selected and we've talked about what he needed to do and he's said to me, 'I'm on board with you coach'.

"He's been patient, he's worked really hard and his form in the past two or three games in Cup has been what we've been striving for. So now he gets his chance.

"I'm really happy for him. We stood him down from Cup last weekend to debut him this week but he was the first guy on the bus with the rest of the Cup boys to go to Gosford even though he wasn't playing. That's the sort of young guy he is."

Pryce will have plenty of eyes on him when he debuts against Parramatta on Saturday night and is certain to see plenty of Eels traffic coming his way.

However, O'Brien is counting on the experience of Tyson Frizell and Dane Gagai inside and outside him to help him handle the added attention.

Family affair for Pryce

It's customary these days for the family of an NRL debutant to be the club's guests of honour on game day - even if they have to be flown out from England.

In what will be an extra special occasion for Will Pryce, the rookie five-eighth will have his mother, father and young brother in the stand to watch his debut courtesy of the Knights, who will be flying them out.

Pryce's dad Leon is no stranger to the big stage. He is a Great Britain legend who played 24 Tests and featured in a remarkable 492 Super League games spanning two decades before retiring seven years ago.

KP eyes early return

Is there a chance skipper Kalyn Ponga could be back from injury slightly ahead of schedule?

The Knights fullback hasn't played since having foot surgery in late April and the Knights' round-20 clash against the Broncos is considered his target game to return.

But, privately, Ponga is telling people he believes he is ahead of schedule with suggestions the Manly game the week before could now be a possibility.

He is back running but it's safe to say he won't be risked before he's ready.

Youngsters on the rise

The rise of Dylan Lucas this season plus the debuts of Dave Armstrong, Fletcher Sharpe and now Will Pryce is proof there are some really good things happening on the development front for the Knights.

Adding further weight to that were the performances for the Blues of Jermaine McEwen, Cody Hopwood and Connor Votano in the under-19s Origin game last week. Hopwood is only 18 but was close to the best player on the field in the first half.
    Inside job for last spot

Barring a highly unlikely last-minute development, the Knights will this week promote from within their own playing ranks to fill their one remaining vacancy in their top 30 roster before the cut-off point at the end of this month.

It's likely to be a player the club will be looking to tie down to a longer-term deal.

Baz's Best

Standings: 12 Dane Gagai 10 Dylan Lucas 9 Kai Pearce-Paul 8 Kalyn Ponga 7 Bradman Best 6 Adam Elliott 5 David Armstrong, Leo Thompson, Tyson Frizell 4 Jackson Hastings 3 Phoenix Crossland 2 Enari Tuala, Greg Marzhew, Jayden Brailey 1 Brodie Jones, Jacob Saifiti, Fletcher Sharpe.
    Wiremu Trades Gone?
    Wiremu Trades Gone?

Post by Wiremu Trades Gone? Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:12 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:

In defence of the tin-hat wearing brigade, it isn't the players, it's the officiating.
    It doesn't take much to lean the way of one team over another - allow the 10m to become 8m, ignore players racing too early off the line in defence and suddenly we have "what a great Origin tackle". Allow some extra niggle, working over in the ruck and one team is suddenly dominating in the forwards and field position.

I didnt see the original reply to my comment cause i have them blocked, but in no way do i think that the players are in on any sort of conspiracy. Who would put their body on the line like that, that can seriously injure for a game that you walk in knowing you're going to lose, why would you?

However, if you think any ref has absolutely no influence how any game can go thats pretty funny.

Anywho, The Blues were beyond incredible and blew the maroons out the park. Latrell torn them up which was nice to see, Edwards at the back was way more dangerous than Teddy has been the last couple of years. My only critique of them is i still dont understand what they are doing with Jake T?

Oh and Stephen Crichton, I didnt see what the fuss was about when he was at the Panthers but since moving to the Bulldogs and in last nights game he is phenomenal, I understand why the dogs made him captain
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:17 am

Thanks @Bethany do you think that means you can’t buy Sharpe now if you don’t have him?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:19 am

Anyone read the nrl.com late mail on origin back ups, which goes through all the Cowboys players except Cotter, who is excluded completely from the article? Quality.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:24 am

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:26 am

Rabbits21 wrote:Thanks @Bethany do you think that means you can’t buy Sharpe now if you don’t have him?

Mate, we're all reading the same text you are. Unless you find a crystal ball, no one knows the correct answer.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:27 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Anyone read the nrl.com late mail on origin back ups, which goes through all the Cowboys players except Cotter, who is excluded completely from the article? Quality.

Just read through for Cotter info. Also nothing about Grant who I don't own but...
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:29 am

wolfking wrote:

Mate, we're all reading the same text you are.  Unless you find a crystal ball, no one knows the correct answer.

Yeah nobody knows for sure but given that the target is a R20 return for Ponga, I will be avoiding Sharpe as I don't think 3 games is enough.

My plan for now is Fa'alogo and Mikaele to Howarth and Isaako, but if Fa'alogo plays then I'll hold him a week and just do Mikaele to Howarth (I can wait until the final Storm team list which is nice)
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:29 am

Rabbits21 wrote:Thanks @Bethany do you think that means you can’t buy Sharpe now if you don’t have him?

I got Tago instead of him Rd 15. Now it's too late imo before reading that article unless you have +8 trades left at least
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:30 am

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:30 am

mattnz wrote:
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:30 am

wolfking wrote:

Mate, we're all reading the same text you are.  Unless you find a crystal ball, no one knows the correct answer.

This week is a nightmare the most unsure I’ve been in a while.

So hard to know what the right answer is. And hard to know where to get funds for, for Cleary and a gun mid upcoming
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:31 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Yeah nobody knows for sure but given that the target is a R20 return for Ponga, I will be avoiding Sharpe as I don't think 3 games is enough.

My plan for now is Fa'alogo and Mikaele to Howarth and Isaako, but if Fa'alogo plays then I'll hold him a week and just do Mikaele to Howarth (I can wait until the final Storm team list which is nice)

Howarth seems dodgy if Reimis comes back then he goes to interchange
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:32 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Howarth hhmmm isn’t Reimis due back soon?

How long is Meaney out? I think nrlphysio said if minor strain 1-3 weeks which wouldn’t mean enough time for Howarth
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:33 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Where's Meaney? And what about Smith?

Current date/time is Sun Oct 06, 2024 3:38 am