NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 55 - Make Mods Great Again

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 55 - Make Mods Great Again  - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 55 - Make Mods Great Again

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:12 am

Dylan Brown to Cook locked in for me

JMK will be going to a cashout to fund post origin upgrades. Simpkin, Starling, Alex Johnston, NAS the current leading contenders
    Some interest in CHT or Howarth as well.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 55 - Make Mods Great Again  - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 55 - Make Mods Great Again

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:17 am

Probably hardest round so far for me to navigate trades, I must say. Can't decide which way to go. H2H only focus, but Origin still a factor in trying to pick the guys most likely to back up.

If you had to pick one of the following two options, which would you pick, or is there essentially not really a difference at all... just a pick one and hope it's the better option?

TU - Haas + Ponga
    TD - Latrell + Murray

6K short of getting Latrell + Haas is brutal.

Last edited by Teeth Eater on Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:20 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Probably hardest round so far for me to navigate trades, I must say. Can't decide which way to go. H2H only focus, but Origin still a factor in trying to pick the guys most likely to back up.

If you had to pick one of the following two options, which would you pick, or is there essentially not really a difference at all... just a pick one and hope it's the better option?

TU - Haas + Ponga
    TD - Latrell + Haas

6K short of getting Latrell + Haas is brutal.

You’ve written Latrell + Haas for the TD, who did you actually mean?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:24 am

robelgordo wrote:

You’ve written Latrell + Haas for the TD, who did you actually mean?

Haha, thanks mate. Shit, too much on the mind (not Fantasy related, sadly)... amended to read Latrell + Murray.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:28 am

Having a little play, I think I a realistic final team for me looks something like this (bolded players already in the team)

Cook
    Tapine Haas Yeo

Fifita Olakau'atu
    Hynes Cleary
    Iro Wighton
    Tedesco Drinkwater Garrick

Grant
    Murray
    Galvin
    ? KPP/Lemuelu/Koula or perhaps someone in the $5-600k range

Strange
    Hands

2 x Cashout (Starling/Simpkin? and whoever looks best R20/21)

Getting to that still leaves me 6 trades spare to deal with injuries, or nabbing cheap guns if they appear.
    If the opportunity comes to upgrade guys like Galvin, Garrick, Wighton I will have room to act.

Other upgrades will be easier/harder based on how much Cleary's price drops (if at all) before I get him as well as other targets like Olakau'atu, Murray, Drinkwater who might drop a bit ore cash before I get them in.
    And my tradeouts need to not lose too much cash before I ditch them too.

Its not a competition winning 17, but its not too bad.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:29 am

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:32 am

Milchcow wrote:

JMK will be going to a cashout to fund post origin upgrades. Simpkin, Starling, Alex Johnston, NAS the current leading contenders

Happy to keep May over Brown?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:36 am

wolfking wrote:

I have both and am hoping Brown scores a double this week and then a ton next week while Moses is away 🤣

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:37 am

Have no great expectations of the ctr position  quote content to have Wighton & Koula, and concentrate on other areas

Prob have 11 for rd 19 if Ponga looks ok

Last edited by Khany on Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:45 am; edited 2 times in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:38 am

wolfking wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

For this week, yes. More achievable BE and I think there's a good chance he starts again in R20 for one last good score before ditching.
    I already have Galvin + Hynes so keeping Brown doesn't give me an extra number for R19

Although I could always triple trade and bring in Olakau'atu/Murray/Drinkwater this week for May

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:40 am

Coates being out is obviously good for Howarth?

He got injured though and still didn't look right when he come back on, which is a concern.

Can do JMK and Shoes to Cook and Howarth. 5K CHT which is painful.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:40 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

Haha, thanks mate. Shit, too much on the mind (not Fantasy related, sadly)... amended to read Latrell + Murray.

I went Latrell and Murray

Does Haas’s bye become (more of) an issue for H2H? I factored that in
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:41 am

Milchcow wrote:

For this week, yes. More achievable BE and I think there's a good chance he starts again in R20 for one last good score before ditching.
    I already have Galvin + Hynes so keeping Brown doesn't give me an extra number for R19

Although I could always triple trade and bring in Olakau'atu/Murray/Drinkwater this week for May

That makes sense. Yeah I think he gets a good run in round 20 also. Gotta just hope for a 30 pointer this week at least.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:42 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Having a little play, I think I a realistic final team for me looks something like this (bolded players already in the team)

Cook
    Tapine Haas Yeo

Fifita Olakau'atu
    Hynes Cleary
    Iro Wighton

Grant
    Murray
    Galvin

Strange
    Hands

Getting to that still leaves me 6 trades spare to deal with injuries, or nabbing cheap guns if they appear.
    If the opportunity comes to upgrade guys like Galvin, Garrick, Wighton I will have room to act.

Other upgrades will be easier/harder based on how much Cleary's price drops (if at all) before I get him as well as other targets like Olakau'atu, Murray, Drinkwater who might drop a bit ore cash before I get them in.

I don’t think that’s far off a competition winning 17

I haven’t really checked but doubt my team looks that good with 6 trades left
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:47 am

CHT looked good for the Wahs but his scoring doesn’t look flash. Wahs not very good back in 2022 could have been the reason
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:48 am

robelgordo wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

Iro Wighton

I don’t think that’s far off a competition winning 17

Backs are too weak. No Aitken, No Latrell/Ponga (although if Ponga scores poorly in his comeback game, then he's on the table as a trade in) And my 17th man + depth won't be good enough.
    I've sort of ignored Trbo as a possible trade in due to injury/performance concerns, but he's affordable if he shows good signs - I suspect that applies to everyone though.

Probably in a better trade position than many so hoping I can come home strong against teams that lose the ability to field 17 each week. And if I get the ability to update Garrick/Galvin to quality scorers then it will be a big help.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:57 am

Aitken is a miss and the 17th but I reckon all teams will have a couple of holes.

Personally not sure I’ve got a path to both Haas and Yeo
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:08 am

Milchcow wrote:

Cook
    Tapine Haas Yeo

Fifita Olakau'atu
    Hynes Cleary
    Iro Wighton

Grant
    Murray
    Galvin

Strange
    Hands

I've got some similar trade in targets in Ola, Murray and Cleary. Thoughts on McInnes instead of Murray? Pretty similar prices and averages, both miss one more game (assuming no original for McInnes). My main concern is uncertainty around how Murray scores at 2nd Row
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:10 am

kamikamicameleons wrote:

I've got some similar trade in targets in Ola, Murray and Cleary. Thoughts on McInnes instead of Murray? Pretty similar prices and averages, both miss one more game (assuming no original for McInnes). My main concern is uncertainty around how Murray scores at 2nd Row
    You’d have to think at some point Murray goes back to lock with Keaon back to the edge.

Murray is one of the best locks in the comp is he not?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:12 am

wolfking wrote:

That makes sense.  Yeah I think he gets a good run in round 20 also.  Gotta just hope for a 30 pointer this week at least.
    Doing what I can to get May and Weekes into the loop. All rests on Papy being out though which might not happen

Current date/time is Sun Oct 06, 2024 8:55 am