NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 61 - Play The One Who Scores The Most Points, Duh

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 61 - Play The One Who Scores The Most Points, Duh - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 61 - Play The One Who Scores The Most Points, Duh

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:02 am

rhinoceroo wrote:I've got a Lavazza capsule machine at home and it's reliably better for espressos than 90% of cafés and all chains. Won't drink coffee after about 2pm though, one thing I can't understand (and this may be an older guy thing, not even sure if they do this any more) is rounding off a big evening meal with a coffee. Why would anyone do that?

Agree. I never could get my head around the late night coffee. Even for me, a coffee after midday feels weird and wrong.
    BCT05
    BCT05

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 61 - Play The One Who Scores The Most Points, Duh - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 61 - Play The One Who Scores The Most Points, Duh

Post by BCT05 Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:05 am

rhinoceroo wrote:I've got a Lavazza capsule machine at home and it's reliably better for espressos than 90% of cafés and all chains. Won't drink coffee after about 2pm though, one thing I can't understand (and this may be an older guy thing, not even sure if they do this any more) is rounding off a big evening meal with a coffee. Why would anyone do that?

Yeah I always wonder that too, I think it's a lot less common now but when restaurants ask if you want any coffees after dinner I'm like why would that be a thing. Definitely an older generation thing?
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:05 am

Honeysett wrote:I've never had a cup of coffee. Discuss.

I may also be part of this club

Never enjoyed the smell, and have always wanted to avoid the increased expense rabbit hole that I know will inevitably occur.

Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:10 am

I'll smash an espresso after dinner, run a mile and sleep like a baby! I am old though....

I think the 'keep you awake' aspect is overstated

Edit : maybe sleep like a cat, babies tend to wake up every two hours
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:22 am

From memory coffee has a half life of about 6 hours, so having a cup at 2pm is like having half a cup at 8pm - not great for sleep.
    Caffeine temporarily stops adenosine (a sleep chemical that tells your brain it's time to sleep) - which is great if you have to pull an all nighter I guess?
    I think it's also meant to affect sleep quality, so yeah, keeping coffees to the morning generally seems like a good way to go.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:23 am

mintotheimmortal wrote:

I may also be part of this club

Never enjoyed the smell, and have always wanted to avoid the increased expense rabbit hole that I know will inevitably occur.

I’ve never had coffee either. Zero interest, for whatever reason. I’m one of three brothers and we were all the same, when it comes to coffee, but about three years ago my youngest brother suddenly got really into coffee. No idea why.

I’ll drink tea in winter (not summer), but never had a coffee.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:25 am

Speaking of coffee, any other Curran owners? Where are they at on him? No news is good news, business as usual?

Or are you prepared to be slamfucked by him dropping out an hour from kick off in the last game of the round?
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:26 am

easytiger wrote:

From memory coffee has a half life of about 6 hours, so having a cup at 2pm is like having half a cup at 8pm - not great for sleep.
    Caffeine temporarily stops adenosine (a sleep chemical that tells your brain it's time to sleep) - which is great if you have to pull an all nighter I guess?
    I think it's also meant to affect sleep quality, so yeah, keeping coffees to the morning generally seems like a good way to go.

Pffft science...spoiling fun since forever geek
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:26 am

Think I had my first coffee mid-20's, my darling sister bought me an espresso, needless to say it didn't endear me.

Social/office coffees are good and I agree the expense is more a networking cost.
    I started off on the Chai's, but that proved just an entry drug to the harder stuff.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:29 am

Aardvark wrote:

Pffft science...spoiling fun since forever geek

The scorers must all be scientists, sitting around in their lab coats, postulating hypotheses that Harry Grant missed tackles
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:32 am

easytiger wrote:

The scorers must all be scientists, sitting around in their lab coats, postulating hypotheses that Harry Grant missed tackles

Ref's also scientists...depriving Bunnies of six agains
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:37 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Speaking of coffee, any other Curran owners? Where are they at on him? No news is good news, business as usual?

Or are you prepared to be slamfucked by him dropping out an hour from kick off in the last game of the round?

Not wasting a trade

If he's out I have a good enough 18th man it shouldn't be the end of the world
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:41 am

wolfking wrote:Nescafe blend 43.  The hard stuff.  None of this fancy POD machine bullshit.

would never even consider a pod machine so perhaps i am a coffee snob afterall.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:45 am

just had to print something for the first time in... years. shout out to the officeworks automated 'email to printer' system being super easy and convenient.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:49 am

wolfking wrote:Nescafe blend 43.  The hard stuff.  None of this fancy POD machine bullshit.

Agreed, and POD machines are definitely no longer Points Of Difference; seems hardly anyone just boils the kettle anymore.

My ex used to spend 10 minutes making me a cuppa every morning and I didn't have the heart to tell her I'd prefer instant.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:51 am

my tv broke wrote:just had to print something for the first time in... years. shout out to the officeworks automated 'email to printer' system being super easy and convenient.

Hit me up for instructions next time Brother (yes, capital B because they make printers).
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:54 am

my tv broke wrote:

would never even consider a pod machine so perhaps i am a coffee snob afterall.

We had one at my last workplace as we didn't have access to coffee. It was fine, no complains but wasn't any better than a teaspoon of instant in my eyes.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:54 am

Job done. Rev loves a coffee.
    Gr8 lil machine at home, coffee purchased outside only every now and then, or when in the office just to get out of the building.
    It's never been the pick me up, pure taste reasons. A hot beverage at times just feels great.
    Hunt down good cafes and very picky as the chances if gstt9ng good coffee outside are very small. Weak as, sugar not mixed, room temp... yet at home all this is so simple, home coffee is the bomb, seek out your bean of choice.
    Can sound fancy, or snobby, but I won't have a bar of that. It's like anything in life, if u enjoy it, do it, and do it right. Coffee, beer, wine, wateva, enjoy the small things. Tomorrows bus that face slams you, wasn't scheduled so enjoy the little things
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:22 am

Milchcow wrote:

Not wasting a trade

If he's out I have a good enough 18th man  it shouldn't be the end of the world

Yeah, the way my team is set up, I could very well actually play both KPP and Starling over him, potentially, so any other week I’d be happy to hold. But in H2H Finals Elimator, if he was out I could be swayed to use two of my last three trades for a certified gun.

Trusting the Dogs have been pretty decent with injury news this year, though in saying that, was there any hint that Crichton might drop out last week? I was out that day and never followed it up, but that seemed very unexpected to me. What was the reason for that one?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:27 am

Revraiser wrote:Job done. Rev loves a coffee.
    Gr8 lil machine at home, coffee purchased outside only every now and then, or when in the office just to get out of the building.
    It's never been the pick me up, pure taste reasons. A hot beverage at times just feels great.
    Hunt down good cafes and very picky as the chances if gstt9ng good coffee outside are very small. Weak as, sugar not mixed, room temp... yet at home all this is so simple, home coffee is the bomb, seek out your bean of choice.
    Can sound fancy, or snobby, but I won't have a bar of that. It's like anything in life, if u enjoy it, do it, and do it right. Coffee, beer, wine, wateva, enjoy the small things. Tomorrows bus that face slams you, wasn't scheduled so enjoy the little things

I'm with you on this. I don't think it's snobby to have a particular preference on beans, or beans vs pods, or go to certain places where you think the baristas are better, or whatever.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:57 am