NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 61 - Play The One Who Scores The Most Points, Duh

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 61 - Play The One Who Scores The Most Points, Duh - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 61 - Play The One Who Scores The Most Points, Duh

Post by my tv broke Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:27 am

robelgordo wrote:

Yeah I've read discussion elsewhere where people are like "the fitness/intensity" and the "1-on-1 tackling" but MIller wasn't a particularly great 1-on-1 defender and I feel 10m up and back every tackle is decent fitness levels?

Like is it fair to say any NRL back or very mobile forward with actual footy skills, speed could be a decent rugby sevens player with say 6-12 months training

i think the same goes for most things that are fringe/lower tier sports.

eg the best athletes all play the big money/most popular sports in their respective countries.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 61 - Play The One Who Scores The Most Points, Duh - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 61 - Play The One Who Scores The Most Points, Duh

Post by Aardvark Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:32 am

Honeysett wrote:I've never had a cup of coffee. Discuss.

Don't like to put that shit in your body? (which is a temple Twisted Evil)

I understand that you may not need the stimulant aspect but it does taste pretty good as well, although taste is subjective.

What about tea?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:33 am

Still surprised with the amount of NRL halves that can't kick off both feet.  Such a huge difference it makes, atleast the field goal attempts have improved.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:34 am

@wolfking - I wake up and I'm good to go for the day, I don't need it to perk me up. I also find the culture incredibly wanky, "don't talk to me before I've had my coffee". The money saved from coffees everyday can buy good drugs.

@robelgordo we're all weird here.

@Alfie before I go to bed, pillow in the fridge. In the morning first thing to do is jump into the ocean, get the cold shock going and stay in there for about ten minutes. Smash down a large coconut water and have a something carb filled - breakfast wrap, eggs bennie etc. Another large coconut water and then retire to the couch with the fridge pillow.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:36 am

Aardvark wrote:
    Honeysett wrote:I've never had a cup of coffee. Discuss.

Don't like to put that shit in your body? (which is a temple Twisted Evil)

I understand that you may not need the stimulant aspect but it does taste pretty good as well, although taste is subjective.

What about tea?

I drink peppermint tea often, Chinese greea teas as well. Not a fan of the traditional style. My go to drink is just water, fizz it up in the sodastream if I feel like drinking spicy water.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:37 am

Honeysett wrote:I also find the culture incredibly wanky, "don't talk to me before I've had my coffee". The money saved from coffees everyday can buy good drugs.

i dislike this shit about as much as i dislike most things normies do.

but i drink a coffee (black) at home every morning. i think buying a coffee on a daily basis is pretty silly though (just an unnecessary expense)
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:42 am

my tv broke wrote:

but i drink a coffee (black) at home every morning. i think buying a coffee on a daily basis is pretty silly though (just an unnecessary expense)

That's fair enough. I make a coffee every morning and bring it into work in a thermos, but I do also occasionally buy coffees at work. I very rarely buy a coffee at work by myself, it's almost always with my coworkers and I consider that to be the cost of good networking.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:45 am

Bethany_B wrote:

That's fair enough. I make a coffee every morning and bring it into work in a thermos, but I do also occasionally buy coffees at work. I very rarely buy a coffee at work by myself, it's almost always with my coworkers and I consider that to be the cost of good networking.

I did the same when i had to go into an office daily.

I'm not against buying a coffee, but like you said its usually a social situation.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:46 am

Honeysett wrote:

I drink peppermint tea often, Chinese greea teas as well. Not a fan of the traditional style. My go to drink is just water, fizz it up in the sodastream if I feel like drinking spicy water.

my tv broke wrote:

Look it's definitely a wank when you hear people going on about it but i buy a coffee daily (I rarely buy lunch so maybe that offsets it) mainly for a little bit of social interaction. My ranking system extends to good or bad.....preferred coffee is double shot small (6oz) flat white for a first and long black for a second.

I make coffee at home as well (with an aeropress not a $5k machine, FFS you might as well go out) but getting out of the house on a daily basis, even if it is just for 15 mins, is a good thing when you work at home 90% of the time or it is for me anyway.

Last edited by Aardvark on Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:46 am

my tv broke wrote:

I did the same when i had to go into an office daily.

I'm not against buying a coffee, but like you said its usually a social situation.

Retired on that footystats cash already
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:47 am

Got a home espresso machine a couple years ago, upgraded it recently and have self taught myself enough that I often find my coffee at home is on par if not better than some of the run of the mill cafe's around. Now in a routine of 2 coffee's every morning which is hard to break (work from home full time).

Last edited by BCT05 on Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:49 am

Aardvark wrote:but getting out of the house on a daily basis, even if it is just for 15 mins, is a good thing when you work at home 90% of the time or it is for me anyway.

i have two dogs for that, but i 100% agree.

would like to confirm that the coffee machine i have at home was about 300 bucks and been going strong for about 5+ years. will use until it dies, or i die. whichever comes first.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:52 am

my tv broke wrote:

i have two dogs for that, but i 100% agree.

would like to confirm that the coffee machine i have at home was about 300 bucks and been going strong for about 5+ years.

Nothing against coffee machines, it's the dudes (and it is always dudes) that get a full scale commercial machine installed* and bang on about it at great length. Spend 10mins drinking a coffee and 45 mins cleaning the fucking machine Very Happy

*See also dudes who pimp up their 'white collar tradie' giant utes or spend more on a tredlee than I spend on a car
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:53 am

robelgordo wrote:

Weirdo

you a Meraki guy?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:54 am

Aardvark wrote:

Nothing against coffee machines, it's the dudes (and it is always dudes) that get a full scale commercial machine installed* and bang on about it at great length. Spend 10mins drinking a coffee and 45 mins cleaning the fucking machine Very Happy

*See also dudes who pimp up their 'white collar tradie' giant utes or spend more on a tredlee than I spend on a car

Yeah I got a fairly cheap machine ($120, just a basic filter machine) when I moved back to Canberra a few months ago and it's more than enough for me. It's definitely paid for itself by now.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:57 am

Nescafe blend 43.  The hard stuff.  None of this fancy POD machine bullshit.

Last edited by wolfking on Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:58 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Yeah pretty much my stance also. I'm getting more reluctant buying the coffees out even with people though.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:59 am

Honeysett wrote:@wolfking - I wake up and I'm good to go for the day, I don't need it to perk me up. I also find the culture incredibly wanky, "don't talk to me before I've had my coffee". The money saved from coffees everyday can buy good drugs.

@robelgordo we're all weird here.

@Alfie before I go to bed, pillow in the fridge. In the morning first thing to do is jump into the ocean, get the cold shock going and stay in there for about ten minutes. Smash down a large coconut water and have a something carb filled - breakfast wrap, eggs bennie etc. Another large coconut water and then retire to the couch with the fridge pillow.

To be fair I never used to drink coffee, then eventually relented because was doing a lot of "walks to get coffee" with work colleagues anyway. So it was a coffee socially, then every few days, then every day, now usually 2 a day. Junkie stuff. Wife also led me down the spiral.

Usually make one in the morning at home with a refurbished machine we got that I don't understand all the buttons on, and then a black one or a trip to the local cafe/office cafe to get out of the house later in the day.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:59 am

I've got a Lavazza capsule machine at home and it's reliably better for espressos than 90% of cafés and all chains. Won't drink coffee after about 2pm though, one thing I can't understand (and this may be an older guy thing, not even sure if they do this any more) is rounding off a big evening meal with a coffee. Why would anyone do that?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:00 am

ynot wrote:

you a Meraki guy?

Yeah, probs 3-4 times a week. I remember you saying you live same area. We have possibly crossed paths IRL without knowing!

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:27 pm