NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 62 - Avocado's, Coffee, and Scrota; No one has any trades left, do they?

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 62 - Avocado's, Coffee, and Scrota; No one has any trades left, do they? - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 62 - Avocado's, Coffee, and Scrota; No one has any trades left, do they?

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:40 am

No Worries wrote:
    Summary: After a few good weeks, the wheels have fallen off and we would be lucky to beat the Broncos. Watch the olympics instead.

I’ll be at the game mate
    BCT05
    BCT05

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 62 - Avocado's, Coffee, and Scrota; No one has any trades left, do they? - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 62 - Avocado's, Coffee, and Scrota; No one has any trades left, do they?

Post by BCT05 Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:41 am

Yeah it's far less viable to have a sub 300k shitto/red dot in final teams then it used to be (or even two in the past). A stronger 21 is required because we end up calling on the emg playeds far more often.

The cheapest guy in my team is Hands at $445k. I've had at least one bye player to do looping with every week so that helps but even without that I think you just try pick the right one out of the dirty middies, and unless there is somehow no carnage near the end it will likely pay off.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Aug 08, 2024 12:11 pm

this is my wife's team ranked at 281 with 4 trades left with 198k bank.

cook
    carrigan (vc), koloamatangi, samuela fainu
    fifita, cartwright
    cleary (c) hughes
    wighton, iro
    garrick, kiraz, marzhew

starling, galvin, d. brown, tedesco
    casey mclean, lucas, s. walker, terrell

would you:
    TU: no trades or
    TU: lucas to yeo although lucas this week vs wests could go large & this is what is stopping me doing that trade maybe do it in the following weeks.

cheers
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Aug 08, 2024 12:26 pm

White Lightning wrote:this is my wife's team ranked at 281 with 4 trades left with 198k bank.

cook
    fifita, cartwright
    cleary (c) hughes
    wighton, iro
    garrick, kiraz, marzhew

would you:
    TU: lucas to yeo although lucas this week vs wests could go large & this is what is stopping me doing that trade maybe do it in the following weeks.

cheers

With that kinda rank I think your wife should join the forum

Post by Guest Thu Aug 08, 2024 12:30 pm

Prob not a great idea to play any parra backs vs penrith.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Aug 08, 2024 12:31 pm

White Lightning wrote:this is my wife's team ranked at 281 with 4 trades left with 198k bank.

cook
    fifita, cartwright
    cleary (c) hughes
    wighton, iro
    garrick, kiraz, marzhew

would you:

cheers
    You don't Your wife doesn't even have Lucas in 17 so how a trade and I'll be playing him vs Tigers without a second thought

Last edited by Loomer on Thu Aug 08, 2024 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Aug 08, 2024 12:33 pm

BCT05 wrote:Yeah it's far less viable to have a sub 300k shitto/red dot in final teams then it used to be (or even two in the past). A stronger 21 is required because we end up calling on the emg playeds far more often.

The cheapest guy in my team is Hands at $445k. I've had at least one bye player to do looping with every week so that helps but even without that I think you just try pick the right one out of the dirty middies, and unless there is somehow no carnage near the end it will likely pay off.

same here, Hands is my cheapest player.
    Those with more than 4 trades can probably afford to run with a sub 300k cheapie
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Aug 08, 2024 12:53 pm

BCT05 wrote:Yeah it's far less viable to have a sub 300k shitto/red dot in final teams then it used to be (or even two in the past). A stronger 21 is required because we end up calling on the emg playeds far more often.

Agree with the sentiment but it still depends how your team is going.
    Risk and reward stuff.

Just like in an actual game where a team leading by 20 can complete their sets and kick to the corner.
    My team on the other hand, now needs to throw it out wide on tackle #1, or start chipping and chasing.....

For that reason, I'm even considering a 2nd sub-300k shitto
    I'll either mow down the theoretical 20 point deficit....or I'll get pumped by 50

BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Aug 08, 2024 12:57 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Agree with the sentiment but it still depends how your team is going.
    Risk and reward stuff.

Just like in an actual game where a team leading by 20 can complete their sets and kick to the corner.
    My team on the other hand, now needs to throw it out wide on tackle #1, or start chipping and chasing.....

For that reason, I'm even considering a 2nd sub-300k shitto
    I'll either mow down the theoretical 20 point deficit....or I'll get pumped by 50

Oh for sure it's always an option to take the risk especially if back in the ranks. While probably unlikely it is possible to get a bit of luck and dodge carnage.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:06 pm

BCT05 wrote:

Becoming less sure about Sorensen to Ola. It would be an upgrade no doubt but if Sorensen plays 80 again from here on and scores like he had been before this week he averages 48 playing over 70mins. So would definitely be unnecessary if he could manage that the rest of the way.

Not sure what the deal was with the reduced minutes last week though, would hate for it to happen again and get priced out of the move next week.

Itchy trade fingers and limited options playing their part in the thinking too.

I've been back and forth on it, but probably will still do it. Not sure why Soro was subbed but he was looking pretty shit last game anyway. He's still hard to watch most games and he's saved a couple of his shitty scores with tries. He's nowhere near a 50 point player without tries. Seems 35-40 is his area. Ola you would think is a definite points boost and at least be a 50 average.

Although, I'm now tossing between Ola/Carrigan or Starling/DCE.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:13 pm

Anyone going to chuck Wighton in the loop? I'm tempted but would rather get a free look at Garrick. However, I'm then forced into a WFB trade if Garrick goes down again.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:32 pm

Chewie wrote:

same here, Hands is my cheapest player.
    Those with more than 4 trades can probably afford to run with a sub 300k cheapie

Hands also averages 40 as starting hooker

You are doing well if he is your 21st man

He's my cheapest player too, although in most situations I'd probably play him over the slightly more expensive Howarth
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:42 pm

Loomer wrote:
    You don't Your wife doesn't even have Lucas in 17 so how a trade and I'll be playing him vs Tigers without a second thought

cheers bro good point i have him in the loop with mclean so i suspect unless mclean goes large he'll come into the 17. the problem is i'd rather swap d. brown & lucas around but then i can't loop mclean vs d. brown cause they're playing each other
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:45 pm

most likely just getting rid of a dead spot in Sua this round, thinking Munster in.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:50 pm

Tigs wrote:most likely just getting rid of a dead spot in Sua this round, thinking Munster in.

I'm super tempted by Munster....might be an in for Galvin when Tigers go on a bye...or now
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:58 pm

^^^ I have no bank otherwise I’d be keen to upgrade one of my many 500k players to Munster if I could do it in one trade

With 3 trades left, don’t think it’s worth getting 2 out to make any moves

Instead will hope I get the loop right and guess correctly which of Fainu and Uto to play
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:03 pm

robelgordo wrote:^^^ I have no bank otherwise I’d be keen to upgrade one of my many 500k players to Munster if I could do it in one trade

With 3 trades left, don’t think it’s worth getting 2 out to make any moves

Instead will hope I get the loop right and guess correctly which of Fainu and Uto to play

I was planning on Weekes to Ponga this week but Munster is really nagging me (It actually looks like I could go Gray to Munster as well Very Happy)
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:05 pm

Would you play Wighton or Marzhew this week? 
    Ruled out Strange and Gray as options. Leaning towards Marzhew against the Tigers at this stage.

Would give me

Iro, Garrick
    JC, Kiraz, Marzhew

Last edited by Liverpool_Bulldog on Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:07 pm

Suspect we won't know about Curran before tonight's game
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:12 pm

Khany wrote:Suspect we won't know about Curran before tonight's game
    24 hr updated team won't be until 25 mins before tomorrow's last game

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:27 pm