NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 65 - Only four threads to go. We can do this.

Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 65 - Only four threads to go. We can do this. - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 65 - Only four threads to go. We can do this.

Post by Jele Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:17 am

DarkKnight wrote:

That would be handy, would pivot to Sorensen out instead and go for To’o or Lomax with bigger upside. This could be the right trade this week anyway, need some news on Soro.

Did we decide that Peter Lang had the good oil?

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 65 - Only four threads to go. We can do this. - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 65 - Only four threads to go. We can do this.

Post by Chewie Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:43 am

Jele wrote:

Did we decide that Peter Lang had the good oil?

No Nathan?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:45 am

Sounds like Haas is good to go for this week
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:31 am

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:04 am

my tv broke wrote:Sounds like Haas is good to go for this week

That’s insane. Either didn’t have a lisfranc as reported, or is the terminator
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:07 am

robelgordo wrote:

That’s insane. Either didn’t have a lisfranc as reported, or is the terminator

Terminator.....runs on long macchiatos
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:11 am

Whats the consensus on who to trade Murray to if you could trade him to anyone?.....I like Hynes as a boom or bust play but obviously have to wait until tomorrow night.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:20 am

robelgordo wrote:Calling all members of the newly established robel 9000

Appreciated all the robel 9000 advice yesterday

In the spirit of the original advice group, I'm possibly going to ignore it all and do my own thing anyway Shocked

But was some seriously good chat yesterday

At the moment, I've narrowed to two options

1. Galvin + Strange -> Hynes + Reynolds (both play later, so can reverse and pivot if needed)
    ** I actually think this gives the most points upgrade, especially when you factor possibly R27 Hynes (C), but feels gross selling Galvin

Fainu + Strange -> Koloa/DCE/Teddy + Munster/Papy(???)
    ** Just feels like a lot of potential but a lot of risk with the Storm boys. Fainu DPP will be missed, but selling Uto instead means I have to go down from Koloa to low 700s, 600s range (Nikora, Kini, Kiraz etc) where I don't think anyone is on the same tier
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:28 am

standard-issue wrote:

Really appreciate the analysis mate Very Happy  

Yep, 210k and Mids covered.  Ponga was at the top of the list, but Drinky could go LARGE tomorrow night and didn't even consider him as playing before Manly.  24 hour cut re Sipley will help with the decision between him and Strange out.

I'll more than likely proven wrong but I am steering clear of investing in the Cows.

They most likely win tonight but despite how it looks on paper, I can't see the Storm being pumped - Bellamy will have the reserves primed and it is a pretty easy narrative for him to sell with possible finals and grand final places in the team on the line.
    Plus the Cows play the Dogs away next week - who basically cheat on the goal line and are therefore the best defensive team in the comp.

Ponga easily has the best match ups over the next two weeks.

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:32 am

robelgordo wrote:

In the spirit of the original advice group, I'm possibly going to ignore it all and do my own thing anyway Shocked

1. Galvin + Strange -> Hynes + Reynolds (both play later, so can reverse and pivot if needed)
    ** I actually think this gives the most points upgrade, especially when you factor possibly R27 Hynes (C), but feels gross selling Galvin

** Just feels like a lot of potential but a lot of risk with the Storm boys. Fainu DPP will be missed, but selling Uto instead means I have to go down from Koloa to low 700s, 600s range (Nikora, Kini, Kiraz etc) where I don't think anyone is on the same tier

Slightly leaning towards Option 1 but Option 2 does appeal more if you narrow it down to Teddy and Pap/Munster.

I think Teddy has by far the best draw the next 2 weeks out of DCE and Koala - I think Souths have checked out and Rd 27 could be a bloodbath.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:37 am

robelgordo wrote:

This is always the best way to go, gather the opinions and make your own mind up.

Or you could ask the same question over and over until you get the answer you want to hear and then blame the group when it doesn't pan out Very Happy
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:42 am

Aardvark wrote:Whats the consensus on who to trade Murray to if you could trade him to anyone?.....I like Hynes as a boom or bust play but obviously have to wait until tomorrow night.

Yeah Hynes, but awks with about 30 mins between Sharks 24-hr cut and Souths kickoff

If you're confident you can backtrack in that window, Edwards/Teddy/Koloa/Ponga would be my top options. Noting you've missed Burton and DCE by then
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:46 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Slightly leaning towards Option 1 but Option 2 does appeal more if you narrow it down to Teddy and Pap/Munster.

I think Teddy has by far the best draw the next 2 weeks out of DCE and Koala - I think Souths have checked out and Rd 27 could be a bloodbath.

I am slightly concerned the Roosters rest Teddy and co in R27. I don't think teams cared last year about the home final, and rested players anyway since they were locked into top 4, or 5-8. Could be wrong though. Haven't actually rechecked.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:53 am

robelgordo wrote:

I am slightly concerned the Roosters rest Teddy and co in R27. I don't think teams cared last year about the home final, and rested players anyway since they were locked into top 4, or 5-8. Could be wrong though. Haven't actually rechecked.

Feeling the same.  They can flog us still while resting a few stars.  I have Ted so that's my hesitation in Angus.  You have Angus so can see why you'd be hesitant in adding Ted.

Edit: the ladder is pretty tight though. They may not be able to afford to.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:02 am

wolfking wrote:

Feeling the same.  They can flog us still while resting a few stars.  I have Ted so that's my hesitation in Angus.  You have Angus so can see why you'd be hesitant in adding Ted.

Edit:  the ladder is pretty tight though.  They may not be able to afford to.
    Don't think they'll be able to rest anyone after they get pumped by another Ricky masterclass this week Beer :pinocchio:
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:07 am

I did quickly recheck last year, and I was a bit wrong. Broncs and Panthers 1-2 were guaranteed, Warriors and Storm 3-4, Knights would get a home final in 5th or 6th. So all those teams didn't have much to play for. Wasn't even a scenario of resting and potentially missing the home final.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:10 am

Hmmm.....probably going to be the opposite this year then and we don't see as many restings at all then.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:20 am

Yeah, agree. Outside Storm, I think all the other teams will at least have a scenario where they need to win to get a home final chance at a minimum. And if Bulldogs win this week, the top 4 is still wide open.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:39 am

Aardvark wrote:Whats the consensus on who to trade Murray to if you could trade him to anyone?.....I like Hynes as a boom or bust play but obviously have to wait until tomorrow night.

payne haas
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:51 am

robelgordo wrote:

Seems you're gut is leaning towards Hynes mate, so maybe go for it if he's in. Sucks to lose Galvin but as you say, Hynes for two weeks and a captain next week. I don't mind the second option but would be reluctant on any Storm as those two could get a rest next week.

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:48 am