NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 65 - Only four threads to go. We can do this.

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 65 - Only four threads to go. We can do this. - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 65 - Only four threads to go. We can do this.

Post by Chewie Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:51 pm

wolfking wrote:

I think this is the way to go.  As Jele said, Munster is solid but definitely a chance of a rest next week.

On the talking league podcast they mentioned Wishart as a potential option. Playing hooker this week, and possibly 5/8 next week if Munster gets a rest. A bit of a high risk play, but could work out
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 65 - Only four threads to go. We can do this. - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 65 - Only four threads to go. We can do this.

Post by robelgordo Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:00 pm

Chewie wrote:

On the talking league podcast they mentioned Wishart as a potential option. Playing hooker this week, and possibly 5/8 next week if Munster gets a rest. A bit of a high risk play, but could work out

This is why I'd have loved to have kept a trade for the R27 restings, you know some 400k numpty is going to get the opportunity to go large out of nowhere.

Harder to take the punt with Storm when there's two weeks to go

Aside from Wishy, at least one of the cheap forwards (McDonald maybe?) is going to play big minutes this week.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:07 pm

Chewie wrote:
    filthridden wrote:Best injury is still Dave Taylor's "I fell out of bed" black eye. Laughing

Here's a reddit post with a list of obscure injuries in the NRL  Laugh 3

https://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/1bpkbok/list_of_sillyweird_nrl_injuries/#:~:text=Albert%20Hopoate%20burning%20his%20arm,an%20off%2Dseason%20fishing%20trip.

read the comments for more

That's awesome.

I shouldn't laugh though, I was that injury prone I broke my ankle just putting strapping on, and then first week back from that broke my jaw putting my mouth guard in...(slight exaggeration but not far from the truth).
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:14 pm

Chewie wrote:

Actually a good shout.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:20 pm

standard-issue wrote:

That's awesome.

I shouldn't laugh though, I was that injury prone I broke my ankle just putting strapping on, and then first week back from that broke my jaw putting my mouth guard in...(slight exaggeration but not far from the truth).

Croker dislocating his shoulder reaching for the TV remote is wild Shocked

Todd Carney's bubbler injury comment Rolling Laugh
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:32 pm

standard-issue wrote:

That's awesome.

Get some Canberra milk up ya!
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:33 pm

Also worth checking out yafss dashboard for potential upsides, if you are one of those magicians that somehow has trades left.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:56 pm

robelgordo wrote:

This is why I'd have loved to have kept a trade for the R27 restings, you know some 400k numpty is going to get the opportunity to go large out of nowhere.

Aside from Wishy, at least one of the cheap forwards (McDonald maybe?) is going to play big minutes this week.

This is my conundrum.

I have one trade left but am 3 players short this week, so I think the right play is to use the trade this week, rather than keeping it up my sleeve to sub a rested gun next week.

Have to be a bit careful though about who to trade this week though, as I might need the players next week.

Leaves me with basically trading Flanno, as others not playing (Hughes, Galvin, Fainu, Suaalii and Strange) are at least a chance of coming back next week.

Best one I can come up with is Flanno to Jack Bird

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:17 pm

Chewie wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

That's awesome.

Croker dislocating his shoulder reaching for the TV remote is wild Shocked

Todd Carney's bubbler injury comment Rolling Laugh

My personal favourite was 'John Hopoate lost a finger in some blokes arsehole.'
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:21 pm

filthridden wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

That's awesome.

Get some Canberra milk up ya!

Haha, reckon I'd handle the hits better nowadays with all the extra "padding".
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:24 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:
    robelgordo wrote:

This is my conundrum.

I have one trade left but am 3 players short this week, so I think the right play is to use the trade this week, rather than keeping it up my sleeve to sub a rested gun next week.

Have to be a bit careful though about who to trade this week though, as I might need the players next week.

Leaves me with basically trading Flanno, as others not playing (Hughes, Galvin, Fainu, Suaalii and Strange) are at least a chance of coming back next week.

Best one I can come up with is Flanno to Jack Bird

It's agonising! I'm only 1 player short this week, but still feel like whoever I trade out will be the position I end up short in next week, when I have no Warriors and should be all good Round 27.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:55 pm

Possibly last community trade poll of the year

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2536-r26-trade-poll
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:50 pm

I ended up holding a trade last year with the expectation of mass restings in round 27 and I regretted not using it earlier and pushing higher tbh
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Aug 28, 2024 7:10 pm

This definitely wasn't the 17 I was expecting to play in the penultimate round:

Starling
    Carrigan, Tapine, Curran
    Fermor, Preston
    Wighton, Weekes
    Iro, Tago
    Ponga, Garrick, Fa'alogo

JBrailey, Plath, Savage, Manu

(Galvin, KPP, Matterson, Grant)

Probably going to need KPP and Matterson back next week or be in trouble.
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:03 pm

No Hughes, Galvin, Fainu, Sorensen, Tago & Sipley means my bad squad management leaves me using my last trade to field 16 if Plath plays.

Taking next week into account as well, thinking Sipley to Ola and hope he barges over for a try or two in the last couple of rounds.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:15 pm

Storm forward Shawn Blore and his brother Dean have both been charged with affray following an alleged incident in Sydney last month.

Lawyers acting for both entered not guilty pleas in court today
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:16 pm

DarkKnight wrote:No Hughes, Galvin, Fainu, Sorensen, Tago & Sipley means my bad squad management leaves me using my last trade to field 16 if Plath plays.

Taking next week into account as well, thinking Sipley to Ola and hope he barges over for a try or two in the last couple of rounds.

Hoping against hope but I feel like Sipley might actually play this week and thankfully second game up.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:20 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Hoping against hope but I feel like Sipley might actually play this week and thankfully second game up.

Sipley out of favour by the looks of it? I thought he might've been returning from injury and wouldn't mind holding then, but junk minutes for a few weeks and 18th man last couple. You're not short on mids, so it's either him or Strange to go for me. Strange with a calf injury and supposedly back next week, but don't mind punting him if it gets you the gun you want. Kinda feel he's a better chance of playing next week though and jagging some points.

210k bank is correct? I'd probably go Sipley to Ponga, but a few good options there. Drink, Gutho, Holmes, ARey, Robson or Haumole maybe. Then probably Nikora or Lomax in the mix if trading Strange. Don't think trading Strange opens any slam dunk options, so I still think Sipley to Ponga or maybe Holmes for the big dick, Gutho for the equally punchable face and forum trollability.
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:25 pm

standard-issue wrote:

That would be handy, would pivot to Sorensen out instead and go for To’o or Lomax with bigger upside. This could be the right trade this week anyway, need some news on Soro.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:59 am

WT Winfield wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Sipley out of favour by the looks of it? I thought he might've been returning from injury and wouldn't mind holding then, but junk minutes for a few weeks and 18th man last couple. You're not short on mids, so it's either him or Strange to go for me. Strange with a calf injury and supposedly back next week, but don't mind punting him if it gets you the gun you want. Kinda feel he's a better chance of playing next week though and jagging some points.

210k bank is correct? I'd probably go Sipley to Ponga, but a few good options there. Drink, Gutho, Holmes, ARey, Robson or Haumole maybe. Then probably Nikora or Lomax in the mix if trading Strange. Don't think trading Strange opens any slam dunk options, so I still think Sipley to Ponga or maybe Holmes for the big dick, Gutho for the equally punchable face and forum trollability.

Really appreciate the analysis mate Very Happy  

Yep, 210k and Mids covered.  Ponga was at the top of the list, but Drinky could go LARGE tomorrow night and didn't even consider him as playing before Manly.  24 hour cut re Sipley will help with the decision between him and Strange out.

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:46 am