NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:34 am

Jumping Marlin wrote:Serious question.  They say forwards mature late 20’s.

Why is it that this is true for some but not others.  Eg Aaron Woods was actually pretty decent as a young buck and got worse with age.  Klemmer the same.  

Woods was kind of different in that he always had good stats (run metres, offload) but took a while for clubs to realise that his more "advanced" stats were pretty bad (metres per hit up, play the ball speed, post contact metres). He was quite good at staying on his feet in a tackle, but would try to fight for an extra 1-2 metres which would allow the defense line to get set and in turn make the next hit up ineffective. Was a solid clubman that played a role soaking up minutes in a long season (Ala Eisenhuth, Ofahengaue, Twal currently do) but should have been nowhere near a rep jersey.

Klemmer seemed to drop off due to a change in role. In his time at the Bulldogs he was a short stint firebrand in the Spencer Leniu mould. When he joined the Knights he was still capable of this role but due to terrible squads and the emergence of Saifiti boys, Klemmer was tasked with being the big minute man while the other young guys couldn't be trusted for bulk minutes. For some reason this pushed him out of rep consideration despite still remaining an excellent player IMO. Drop off in final year at Knights/current Tigers stint looks to be a combination of all those miles on the legs catching up, as well as drop in attitude due to playing in another low table team

In general I tend to agree that most forwards seem to peak from around 26-30 in the NRL. In the junior ranks they seem to get by on being the biggest/fastest/strongest forwards until they hit NRL where everyone is just as talented. It then typically takes about 100 games to gain experience and fall into a role. Development paths like Moale are more the norm than guys like Haas who are generational talents
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 67 - Final charges and Late season shuffles

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:41 am

standard-issue wrote:Turgess 2nd most games ever for Rabbits is amazing.

Considering he was probably the 3rd best player in his own family it's some achievement
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:44 am

I too live in fantasy land where the refs are not only corrupt against the team i support, they are corrupt against me personally. AMA*

*Sauce in fridge
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:47 am

I still think we’re being trolled
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:48 am

my tv broke wrote:I too live in fantasy land where the refs are not only corrupt against the team i support, they are corrupt against me personally. AMA*

*Sauce in fridge

For us Warriors fans. It's actually true though Very Happy
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:50 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Woods was kind of different in that he always had good stats (run metres, offload) but took a while for clubs to realise that his more "advanced" stats were pretty bad (metres per hit up, play the ball speed, post contact metres). He was quite good at staying on his feet in a tackle, but would try to fight for an extra 1-2 metres which would allow the defense line to get set and in turn make the next hit up ineffective. Was a solid clubman that played a role soaking up minutes in a long season (Ala Eisenhuth, Ofahengaue, Twal currently do) but should have been nowhere near a rep jersey.

Klemmer seemed to drop off due to a change in role. In his time at the Bulldogs he was a short stint firebrand in the Spencer Leniu mould. When he joined the Knights he was still capable of this role but due to terrible squads and the emergence of Saifiti boys, Klemmer was tasked with being the big minute man while the other young guys couldn't be trusted for bulk minutes. For some reason this pushed him out of rep consideration despite still remaining an excellent player IMO. Drop off in final year at Knights/current Tigers stint looks to be a combination of all those miles on the legs catching up, as well as drop in attitude due to playing in another low table team

In general I tend to agree that most forwards seem to peak from around 26-30 in the NRL. In the junior ranks they seem to get by on being the biggest/fastest/strongest forwards until they hit NRL where everyone is just as talented. It then typically takes about 100 games to gain experience and fall into a role. Development paths like Moale are more the norm than guys like Haas who are generational talents

I see quite a few similarities between Lazarus at the Storm to Haas tbh, look to be around the same size and from the limited minutes I've seen, similar skills. Haven't seen any offloading yet, perhaps more to do with Bellamy telling him no offloads at all.
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:59 am

robelgordo wrote:

When you say corruption - like why would he act fraudulently against Souths? You suggesting financial gain mate? Who’s paying Atkins off?

I am in 2 minds on the  Suaalii - Gray hit. As their own coach would say, “it’s been too many times”. Walsh, Gray, and so on. Is there an outside back at the Roosters who hasn’t been sent off for trying to take a head of this year?

On the other hand, Gray is really short. Unless players are going to dig trenches and stand in them, you can’t really tackle him anywhere but the head.

Agree. The difference between this one and the tackle on Walsh is that Suali'i was actually trying to tackle low on Gray. As you say, he can't really do much when his tackle that was aimed for legs/midsection becomes high because a 4 foot 3 player slips over
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:02 am

WT Winfield wrote:If Suaalii got any lower, he probably would've torn his groin. I was surprised it wasn't a penalty for head contact, but nothing much Suaalii could do there when Gray's already short and then slips at the last moment. They've been sinbinning far less, but I thought they were crap too.

I think if they'd thought Suaalii had made contact with the head then Jye would've been sent for an HIA too, given how laid out on the ground he was.

Speaking of which, thought it was pretty reckless the Roosters player pulling him to his feet (even if well intentioned) when there was a possibility of damage in that head/neck vicinity
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:43 am

kamikamicameleons wrote:

Agree. The difference between this one and the tackle on Walsh is that Suali'i was actually trying to tackle low on Gray. As you say, he can't really do much when his tackle that was aimed for legs/midsection becomes high because a 4 foot 3 player slips over
    This was definitely the case this time, Suaalii was trying to go low and wasn’t out of control he even tried to adjust for the slip. Probably still shd have been a pen though to be consistent with previous decisions. All in all not a massive/game changing deal or indeed part of some wider conspiracy.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:39 am

You could totally see Suaalii was thinking to himself to go as low as possible. It's obvious how low he was trying to tackle him to avoid a repeat situation. I have no issue with it. Gray is short plus he was falling, no intent and luckily he was okay. Play on.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:17 pm

robelgordo wrote:

When you say corruption - like why would he act fraudulently against Souths? You suggesting financial gain mate? Who’s paying Atkins off?

I am in 2 minds on the  Suaalii - Gray hit. As their own coach would say, “it’s been too many times”. Walsh, Gray, and so on. Is there an outside back at the Roosters who hasn’t been sent off for trying to take a head of this year?

On the other hand, Gray is really short. Unless players are going to dig trenches and stand in them, you can’t really tackle him anywhere but the head.
    Maybe I used the wrong word I’m just convinced and have been for many years he likes to hammer us. If Trell did the Suaali hit he’s sent for 10 in the bin my issue is that’s always been a penalty all year. Tom got clocked in the last 10mins too nope nothing wasn’t the reason we lost but didn’t feel we got any rub of the green very rarely do with Atkins.

Anyway I’m glad our year is over. We have lots of work to do. I was proud they didn’t give up it could’ve got ugly the last 20mins. Voice half gone today but that’s it for another year. JD didn’t have us fit then we lost key personnel and we just couldn’t recover didn’t have the depth etc…… Hosty had me ripping my hair out once more he must be close to one of the worst players in the NRL!

Also seperate news Tass revealed at the members pre game function last night he’s about to extend on a 3 year deal. I’d rather it have been two years he’s solid if not in your 17 first back up but he’s not like explosive but hey he’s better than J. Gagai, Kennar, Milne, Myers, Thompson etc….

Dean Hawkins off to Parra by the way, Te Hau, Teaupa, Thompson, Chee Kam, Cook and Tom leaving currently I’m sure there will be more.

Not sure how we replace Damien he was a big part of the reason it didn’t get to 50 last night. I had him in mixer should’ve went Angus too ffs man that hurts. Also Keaon needs to play middle it’s his best position regardless of what he thinks.

I’ll call him Marky Mark I can’t pronounce his last name what do we think they price him at next year? I reckon they’ll mark him up to about 400k.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat Sep 07, 2024 1:15 pm

TEAGAN BERRY STAND AND APPLAUD

Just got here - well actually got here but kids wanted to face paint, rock climb, and all this other bullshit first
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:03 pm

Starling benched again. Fucking screwed up double loop massively 

Had Fainu 38 (was 35 before updates) in front of Hands which meant I took Gray who couldn’t outscore that with 2 tries. Now probably going to take 38 ahead of Starling
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:07 pm

Camo123 wrote:Starling benched again. Fucking screwed up double loop massively 

Had Fainu 38 (was 35 before updates) in front of Hands which meant I took Gray who couldn’t outscore that with 2 tries. Now probably going to take 38 ahead of Starling
    I am looping with Starling and Hughes if Starling goes under 25 play Shoes? If he goes over 25 take Starling?

Meeting a mate for lunch soon and to my place afterwards will be rushed later to decide
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:21 pm

Any word on KPP yet?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:28 pm

Nothing on the Knights forum about KPP. Probably find out at 4.05pm.

I have Fainu at 18. Could put KPP at 18 and bench Starling........then if KPP is out I get 38, if he plays, he plays. If he plays from the bench though I'm screwed.
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:29 pm

robelgordo wrote:TEAGAN BERRY STAND AND APPLAUD

Just got here - well actually got here but kids wanted to face paint, rock climb, and all this other bullshit first

ALEXIS TOO!

Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:31 pm

Last round with Starling the option to come in over Gray's 32.

Think I've got to give the little ginger a go at scoring at least 33 (27 & 33 in last two bench games)...in you come Milky Tom.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:24 pm

This is embarrasing for the Raiders.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:28 pm

Raiders are traditionally known for being better in the second half, right? Laughing

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:52 pm