NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 48 - Would the real bye planners please stand up? Please stand up?

Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 48 - Would the real bye planners please stand up? Please stand up? - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 48 - Would the real bye planners please stand up? Please stand up?

Post by Mulvy Tue May 24, 2022 11:29 am

Tommy_gun wrote:I jumped on Walsh last week and it was fairly frustrating watching him. Warriors don't give him any attacking ball in the red zone, more often than not it was Dejan Asi being used on the sweep play.

I traded Walsh in due to the upside mentioned above by Mulvy as well an his involvement in the Magic Round match vs Rabbits. Looking back at that match, much of Walsh's involvement came getting involved through dummy half runs rather than being able to work his magic off the back of a structured set or broken field play via an offload.

Wouldn't throw in the towel yet mate. The jury is out on that trade and I suspect you'll eventually be happy with the verdict.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 48 - Would the real bye planners please stand up? Please stand up? - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 48 - Would the real bye planners please stand up? Please stand up?

Post by Mulvy Tue May 24, 2022 11:32 am

danseels1985 wrote:

Good shout mate,hadn’t even considered him. Put it this way,if I bring in Kiraz/Cotric that means I can bring in Burton/Tevaga/Harris for Leo where if I bring in Walsh I would need to move on someone like Schneider or Ilias which doesn’t seem to make as much sense with Schneider possibly playing round 13 and Ilias tracking okish. This is based on holding Lolo too which isnt ideal but hopefully he will just be out this week

These are pretty much my thoughts. I'd like Walsh but the low BE guy might be the way to go this week. I could sell Schneider and Lolo but they still could both play rd13. Ilias going okay for one more round.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue May 24, 2022 11:34 am

All this Walsh talk is convincing me. In an ideal world, I think my plan is Lolo + Tuilagi to Kiraz + Tohu this week, Ilias + Taaffe to Walsh + RFM next week, should just about work out if price changes are kind.
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Tue May 24, 2022 11:34 am

Reece Walsh has less tries this year than Jarrod Wallace has in one game.

Surely you'd have to think he's going to start scoring some tries eventually lest he suffer the embarrassment of his teammates giving him shit for scoring less than forwards.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue May 24, 2022 11:36 am

Mulvy wrote:

"The gambler's fallacy, also known as the Monte Carlo fallacy, occurs when an individual erroneously believes that a certain random event is less likely or more likely to happen based on the outcome of a previous event or series of events".

Not really what I'm talking about here. I'm not expecting black because the last three were red. I'm expecting that a really good rugby league player, who has scored plenty of tries in the past, will eventually start scoring them again this year too, sooner or later. And if he does, 486k is a bargain.

I'm inclined to agree...he's priced at what he's been scoring this year which, given the fact that he is quite good at Rugby League, you would expect to start to rise as the season progresses. Not sure if I'm going to buy him though Very Happy
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue May 24, 2022 11:37 am

mrbrownstone wrote:All this Walsh talk is convincing me.

Haha, all your rd17 talk is starting to convince me! There's more there really than I thought, might have to re-jig plans slightly.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue May 24, 2022 11:43 am

Chewie wrote:My bye round team after trades this week.

Robson
    Cotter, AElliott, Ming
    TPJ, Tago
    Sexton, Schneider
    Burton, Aitken
    May, Koula, Kiraz

Starling, DWalker, SCrichton, Vailea

If SCrichton plays origin I can trade him to Tohu next week

No Butcher mate?
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Tue May 24, 2022 11:44 am

good thing we arent playing in the byes. my ranking is about to tank though from 2k down to maybe outside the 10k? with only 8 playing

Starling
    Ming, Eliott
    Tago
    Burton
    Edwards Kiraz Koula

Hoping that by skipping the byes im setting myself up with finals given im bringing in DCE this week and got Mahoney last week

Will have Mahoney, Haas, Ipap, Cleary, DCE, A.Crichton, Hynes, S.Crichton, Hastings, Ilias, Peoples out next week.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue May 24, 2022 11:44 am

Aardvark wrote:

I'm inclined to agree...he's priced at what he's been scoring this year which, given the fact that he is quite good at Rugby League, you would expect to start to rise as the season progresses. Not sure if I'm going to buy him though Very Happy

Well, when you say it like that, it sounds like gambler's fallacy Very Happy

Look, it happens every year, WFB drops in price due to some lean games before regressing to the mean. It's why most good fantasy players don't stack their initial teams with three gun WFB's. Because you know at least one of them will be cheaper at some point. Possibly all of them.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue May 24, 2022 11:46 am

I thought everyone knew what was available round 17, but it's about trying to go against the norm and zig against the zag for round 13. Round 17 players are more the best of the best we all know and want, whereas 13 is an opportunity if u have the trades for it.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue May 24, 2022 11:47 am

Mr Snrub wrote:Reece Walsh has less tries this year than Jarrod Wallace has in one game.  

Surely you'd have to think he's going to start scoring some tries eventually lest he suffer the embarrassment of his teammates giving him shit for scoring less than forwards.

He might not score 0.6 tries per game this year, but you'd have to think it will be greater than zero. Certainly I don't follow the Butter's method of him scoring 1.2 per game from now on to make up for the 0 so far.
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Tue May 24, 2022 11:49 am

Keeping papy so I can peek Kiraz, Edrick or Koula score could be the dumbest strategy but nothing else is working shrugs
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue May 24, 2022 11:51 am

Mulvy wrote:

Well, when you say it like that, it sounds like gambler's fallacy Very Happy

Look, it happens every year, WFB drops in price due to some lean games before regressing to the mean. It's why most good fantasy players don't stack their initial teams with three gun WFB's. Because you know at least one of them will be cheaper at some point. Possibly all of them.

It's the main reason I got totally annihilated early doors last year....I stubbornly refused to believe in picking up keeper WFBs until after their 'dip' and tried to use the old school tactic of sorting out your forwards and halves first and leaving your backs until after Origin. Not so sure what the issue is this year except for a dog :poop: first team Laughing

But I do think Walsh has got some more attacking stats coming...the Warriors just need to get a consistent spine in front of him for a few weeks
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 24, 2022 11:53 am

A lot kind of hinges on Taumalolo suiting up for the bye.
    I’m pretty sure Schneider and Billy wont
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Tue May 24, 2022 11:55 am

Aardvark wrote:

But I do think Walsh has got some more attacking stats coming...the Warriors just need to get a consistent spine in front of him for a few weeks

NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 48 - Would the real bye planners please stand up? Please stand up? - Page 3 Giphy
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue May 24, 2022 12:00 pm

Loomer spicing it up today
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 24, 2022 12:02 pm

Loomer and Matt are very similar.

NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 48 - Would the real bye planners please stand up? Please stand up? - Page 3 Giphy
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Tue May 24, 2022 12:03 pm

Revraiser wrote:Loomer spicing it up today

Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Tue May 24, 2022 12:04 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Loomer and Matt are very similar.

Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue May 24, 2022 12:05 pm

Revraiser wrote:Loomer spicing it up today

I might try talking up a few more players I'm not going to buy Very Happy

Isn't Loomer a long suffering Warriors fan? or just suffering buyers regret?

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:12 am