NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time !

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time ! - Page 31 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time !

Post by Revraiser Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:12 am

I'm hoping teamlists allow me to select both Tupou and Russell. Look much more likely than others to be fantasy relevant.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time ! - Page 31 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time !

Post by Aardvark Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:27 am

At some point in the season Teddy will be significantly cheaper than he is now.....the question is how many points will he put on you while you wait for that to happent and can anyone else (who doesn't cost $>700k) hedge against that being a big deal. Further to that point if he gets anywhere near $600-650k you need to snap him up.

I have started with him and not started with him roughly about the same number of times over the last decade. It's a bit of a myth that he starts slowly, he might throw in a low score or two but these are often offset by a ridiculously high score or a couple of moderately high scores in the first five rounds. His low usually comes around origin period, with the exception of last year when he did start relatively slowly.

I won't be starting with him this year so expect him to have a couple of stormers.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:31 am

Aardvark wrote:At some point in the season Teddy will be significantly cheaper than he is now.....the question is how many points will he put on you while you wait for that to happent and can anyone else (who doesn't cost $>700k) hedge against that being a big deal. Further to that point if he gets anywhere near $600-650k you need to snap him up.

I have started with him and not started with him roughly about the same number of times over the last decade. It's a bit of a myth that he starts slowly, he might throw in a low score or two but these are often offset by a ridiculously high score or a couple of moderately high scores in the first five rounds. His low usually comes around origin period, with the exception of last year when he did start relatively slowly.

I won't be starting with him this year so expect him to have a couple of stormers.

WFBs tend to be more risky early in the year because teams are more motivated in defence and combinations take time to build, which is why I prefer to spend gun money on the halves and MIDs.

That said Teddy is Teddy and one of a handful of WFBs who can definitely go against the trend (Papy, Trell and Turbo are the main other guys who can do it), so starting with him isn't a bad idea if you aren't severely weakening the rest of your team to do it.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:34 am

Milchcow wrote:
    @L-Jimmy  @FalconSloth @Pain @Cool Runnings

Please check your PMs and sign up for the leagues or risk losing your spot

Wildcard???
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:36 am

Bethany_B wrote:

WFBs tend to be more risky early in the year because teams are more motivated in defence and combinations take time to build, which is why I prefer to spend gun money on the halves and MIDs.

That said Teddy is Teddy and one of a handful of WFBs who can definitely go against the trend (Papy, Trell and Turbo are the main other guys who can do it), so starting with him isn't a bad idea if you aren't severely weakening the rest of your team to do it.

I'd consider it if the Roosters bye wasn't so early and I wasn't hell bent on starting with Cleary.

I'm looking at trying to minimise the number of high cost guns absent in the very early rounds when you're carrying a road train full of cows and you need all the points you can get.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:39 am

Aardvark wrote:At some point in the season Teddy will be significantly cheaper than he is now.....the question is how many points will he put on you while you wait for that to happent and can anyone else (who doesn't cost $>700k) hedge against that being a big deal. Further to that point if he gets anywhere near $600-650k you need to snap him up.

I’m starting with Ted because it’s probably the first year he looks head and shoulders the top WFB to begin the year with Ponga changing position, Papy dead and Turbo under big injury cloud.

Could argue Latrell
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:42 am

Aardvark wrote:

I'd consider it if the Roosters bye wasn't so early and I wasn't hell bent on starting with Cleary.

I'm looking at trying to minimise the number of high cost guns absent in the very early rounds when you're carrying a road train full of cows and you need all the points you can get.

Yeah that's one reason why I'm not starting him. I have Cleary, Doueihi, Murray and Haas as my top line guns with Val Holmes and my punt on NAS as other expensive guys.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:00 am

Welshy wrote:

I’m starting with Ted because it’s probably the first year he looks head and shoulders the top WFB to begin the year with Ponga changing position, Papy dead and Turbo under big injury cloud.

Could argue Latrell

Latrell just below Tedesco and probably near peak price at the moment but will be in the top 3 WFBs this year for sure. I can't say I'm totally confident in my approach and I am fully prepared for Teddy to score 100 in Rd 3 and negate the impact of the bye Very Happy

If Turbo starts then I will consider him and have been thinking about Val as well but Teddy is a surer thing than both of those guys.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:10 am

Finch wrote:Morning folks

Only getting into Fantasy now, auto created a team and will start making it on TLT next week

Just wondering what the general consensus was regarding byes? I'm assuming a player/team who has their first bye later in the season is a better buy than someone who has a bye in the first month or so, correct?

My approach is to just pick the players I think will score the most points. Generally there aren't more than 2 good fantasy options from each team so you are unlikely to get stuck with 4 players on the bench. With 44 trades there will be a lot of squad turn over so I'm not too concerned
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:14 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Yes if the Storm players are Grant, Munster and Hughes

If they're Warbrick, Katoa and Loiero you're likely to have sold at least a couple of them by then?

There's just more certainty in managing R3 than managing R9. That's where I'm coming from. Will possibly end up with 3 Panthers and 3 Storm anyway. I just wouldn't necessarily prefer 3 Storm over 3 Panthers if byes is your tiebreak for a player decision
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:18 am

Aardvark wrote:

Latrell just below Tedesco and probably near peak price at the moment but will be in the top 3 WFBs this year for sure. I can't say I'm totally confident in my approach and I am fully prepared for Teddy to score 100 in Rd 3 and negate the impact of the bye Very Happy

If Turbo starts then I will consider him and have been thinking about Val as well but Teddy is a surer thing than both of those guys.

I have Val all but locked in, having a centre spot locked down is so valuable given that basically all the cheapies bar maybe Alamoti have precarious job security, while at WFB there's a few more options like Miller and TMM who at least have decent JS.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:20 am

All this talk of gun WFBs, messed around and amended my wife's upside-down balls-out HB/WFB gun 2nd team. (Promise my wife won't claim the KFC when this team somehow wins it.)

Teddy, Turbo, Ponga
    Thompson. Alamoti
    Cleary, Hynes
    Loiero, Katoa
    Nichols, Stefano, Ford
    Boyd

Doueihi, Cheese, Hopgood, TMM

Doorey, Warbrick, McLean, HSS +3k
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:21 am

Panthers are pretty heavy favourites again Doncs, may CCleary over CHynes
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:50 am

rhinoceroo wrote:All this talk of gun WFBs, messed around and amended my wife's upside-down balls-out HB/WFB gun 2nd team. (Promise my wife won't claim the KFC when this team somehow wins it.)

Teddy, Turbo, Ponga
    Thompson. Alamoti
    Cleary, Hynes
    Loiero, Katoa
    Nichols, Stefano, Ford
    Boyd

Nice. Reckon it could go well. I'd never spend that much on WFB in reality.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:52 am

L-Jimmy wrote:Panthers are pretty heavy favourites again Doncs, may CCleary over CHynes

Anyone else find this difficult to read?
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:54 am

Mulvy wrote:

I find everything difficult to read ... so yes
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:54 am

Mulvy wrote:

Maybe get checked?

"GPs should be alert to the possibility of ocular syphilis at the time of syphilis diagnosis, particularly among MSM. Urgent ophthalmic referral is required if the patient is found to have new onset visual symptoms."

https://www.racgp.org.au/afp/2017/june/keeping-an-eye-on-syphilis/
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:58 am

rhinoceroo wrote:All this talk of gun WFBs, messed around and amended my wife's upside-down balls-out HB/WFB gun 2nd team. (Promise my wife won't claim the KFC when this team somehow wins it.)

Teddy, Turbo, Ponga
    Thompson. Alamoti
    Cleary, Hynes
    Loiero, Katoa
    Nichols, Stefano, Ford
    Boyd

Doing something similar just for guys I enjoy watching

Egan
    Carrigan Hopgood Ford
    Fifita Fermor
    Cleary Ponga
    Thompson HSS
    Edwards Walsh Perham

Clark Boyd Katoa TMM

Stone Alamoti Talau Preston +74k
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:08 pm

No Worries wrote:@Finch Will you be joining the Leagues this year ?

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2084-nrl-ff-2023-registration-late-comers-leagues

As for byes, other than round 1 and not picking Dragons players except maybe Sloane people are just making sure they have cover

Yep, I'm in L8, got the code a week or so ago
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:09 pm

FWIW

https://twitter.com/danny_weidler/status/1628561772679663616?s=46&t=OH5nIXKx1pudwaLxd-BZaA

BREAKING: Victor Radley has done a new four year deal with the Roosters.
    @NRLonNine

@9NewsSyd

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:49 am