NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

syn13
    syn13

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

Post by syn13 Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:52 pm

before people get starting on the expected reactions i feel like this part of the link should be noted:

Note: We will accept correspondence about potential stats errors at feedback@nrl.com.au and appreciate your interest in helping to correct the record, but please be aware that we can only pass these queries on to the official stats provider and the NRL Football Ops team for review.

ie. this is a stats provider screw-up, not a fanhub screw-up, and i agree with their stance about errors found post-lockout not being adjusted, messing with points & prices after people have been moving players around would cause problems.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:52 pm

Antipodean1 wrote:

I also have Warbrick (of course).

Jealous you have Birdy and Hammer looked good BUT I noted he got the same r1 score last season (52) and then went to shit, so I am waiting 1 more week.

Yeah I took a hit round 1 but managed to hold Walsh and Bird on my bench, I think it will prove to have been worth it.

As for Hammer, the thing that's got me interested is that he made 20 runs last weekend, compared to 11-12 in each of the first three rounds of last year.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:52 pm

my tv broke wrote:Decided I would double cow this week, which means I could just keep Garner a week and see what happens..

Would mean punting TMM (fine, but that would leave me with no half cover in round 5 when Boyd out), or Alamoti (leaves no ctr cover at all). 

The latter is probably preferable although i do feel alamoti scorinf gets better..

Hmm

If it helps, my trades right now are also double cow

Always think that early season the priority is cash gen
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:56 pm

Shady2K wrote:
    my tv broke wrote:Decided I would double cow this week, which means I could just keep Garner a week and see what happens..

Would mean punting TMM (fine, but that would leave me with no half cover in round 5 when Boyd out), or Alamoti (leaves no ctr cover at all). 

The latter is probably preferable although i do feel alamoti scorinf gets better..

Hmm

If it helps, my trades right now are also double cow

Always think that early season the priority is cash gen

Agreed, but sometimes double Cow in can also equal double Guns in:

Carty and Mbye in for me this week Very Happy
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:58 pm

syn13 wrote:before people get starting on the expected reactions i feel like this part of the link should be noted:

ie. this is a stats provider screw-up, not a fanhub screw-up, and i agree with their stance about errors found post-lockout not being adjusted, messing with points & prices after people have been moving players around would cause problems.

You can’t really provide feedback before lockout because updates occur up until then so it’s a bit contradictory

E.g Hopgood changing a point before lockout

If I come 2nd overall by 5 points I’ll come back to the email and slam them lol!
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:03 pm

Camo123 wrote:

You can’t really provide feedback before lockout because updates occur up until then so it’s a bit contradictory

E.g Hopgood changing a point before lockout

If I come 2nd overall by 5 points I’ll come back to the email and slam them lol!

i was more focused on the 'we don't control the stats' part than the correspondence part, ie. you're better off slamming the stats provider that didn't correct the error until it was too late.
    slats86

Post by slats86 Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:04 pm

mattnz wrote:

Yeah, easy beats, like the Dolphins.....

Warriors havent beaten the roosters since 2018 and their results since that have totaled 146 - 44.. so history says this is an easy game, especially when they have their best player back this week
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:06 pm

slats86 wrote:

Warriors havent beaten the roosters since 2018 and their results since that have totaled 146 - 44.. so history says this is an easy game, especially when they have their best player back this week

Teddy played last week?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:08 pm

robelgordo wrote:It does happen all the time. It’s just not normally such an obvious error

People complain about all stats all the time, but I've found try saves to be the must contentious.

Sometimes seemingly obvious ones get denied, and sometimes people get one for random shit.

Outsourcing stat checks into hoping customers complain us a terrible business model however.
    Just encourages fantasy players to mass spam whinges about players they own, and makes it harder to pick up obvious errors.
    they are supposed to review every game anyway. How did this get missed twice. It wasn't a subtle play
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:09 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Agreed, but sometimes double Cow in can also equal double Guns in:

Carty and Mbye in for me this week Very Happy

Yeah imo the party should really get more attendees...

Pre-season you may have been laughed at for having Carty in your 17 but now it looks very stable for the next few rounds at a minimum. Downgrading someone like Cheese or Garner to him pockets you some change to fix another position and get similar scoring in the process (plus the cash gen)

His second row starts (full games) historical ave is 48. For argument's sake you could get the same score from a Bird, or a Mahoney, or a Walsh (some names being thrown around as trade ins) but all these guys cost 200-300k more

Personally I don't think Matto is a real risk either to his spot. He could be on the edge when he returns, sure, but his best footy has been as a bench impact middle. In 2022 in this role, he made his Origin debut, and Eels made the GF. It's hard to see Eels move away from that - especially when both Carty/Doorey are serviceable, and the obvious fact that their bench lacks punch. Anyone who saw the R1 game can see that when Paulo/RCG came off that their middle completely fell apart as their bench is inexperienced - Matto fixes that

That's why I'm getting Carty anyway. Should've started with him probably but wasn't sure he'd get the 80 - now that we see that he did - then I'm on board
    slats86

Post by slats86 Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:10 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Teddy played last week?

Manu is the best player at the Roosters
    slats86

Post by slats86 Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:11 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Yeah imo the party should really get more attendees...

Pre-season you may have been laughed at for having Carty in your 17 but now it looks very stable for the next few rounds at a minimum. Downgrading someone like Cheese or Garner to him pockets you some change to fix another position and get similar scoring in the process (plus the cash gen)

His second row starts (full games) historical ave is 48. For argument's sake you could get the same score from a Bird, or a Mahoney, or a Walsh (some names being thrown around as trade ins) but all these guys cost 200-300k more

Personally I don't think Matto is a real risk either to his spot. He could be on the edge when he returns, sure, but his best footy has been as a bench impact middle. In 2022 in this role, he made his Origin debut, and Eels made the GF. It's hard to see Eels move away from that - especially when both Carty/Doorey are serviceable, and the obvious fact that their bench lacks punch. Anyone who saw the R1 game can see that when Paulo/RCG came off that their middle completely fell apart as their bench is inexperienced - Matto fixes that

That's why I'm getting Carty anyway. Should've started with him probably but wasn't sure he'd get the 80 - now that we see that he did - then I'm on board

Im getting Carty But Parra have a dreadful draw so im not getting him with any kind of confidence. Have we heard any info about when Lane is back?
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:15 pm

slats86 wrote:

Im getting Carty But Parra have a dreadful draw so im not getting him with any kind of confidence. Have we heard any info about when Lane is back?

Aiming for a R6 return from what I've seen for Lane
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:16 pm

mickspicks wrote:

True.

No way he plays 80. Probably good for 55 though.

2023: Carty and MBye cheer

Return of the Jedi?

or revenge of the Sith?
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:16 pm

Milchcow wrote:

People complain about all stats all the time, but I've found try saves to be the must contentious.

Sometimes seemingly obvious ones get denied, and sometimes people get one for random shit.

Outsourcing stat checks into hoping customers complain us a terrible business model however.
    Just encourages fantasy players to mass spam whinges about players they own, and makes it harder to pick up obvious errors.
    they are supposed to review every game anyway. How did this get missed twice. It wasn't a subtle play

Do you think that's whats happening here? To me it all reads like a diplomatic "we can't tell you to fuck off, so we appreciate your passion and we'll pass it on to the relevant department out of courtesy, but what they do with it is up to them, we don't control the stats"
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:18 pm

syn13 wrote:Is there even really a difference to whether Smith is playing hooker or lock for fantasy purposes? If anything one would think time spent at lock would be more valuable than time spent at hooker because he’d be defending in essentially the same area anyway and would have more oppurtunities to run, this more oppurtunities to gain metres and break tackles.

That said, I’m jumping off, outside of 2021, if he’s not on the field for 80 and/or doesn’t score a try, he doesn’t score very well, and tbh, I’ve been forming the opinion over the last year an a bit that 2021 stats might as well be thrown out altogether for all the relevance they have to how a player might score in a certain role

Yeah I've been thinking this more and more. I'm sure someone did some analysis before too which, I'm gonna paraphrase, shows that, future predictions based off previous stats follows something like an exponential decay graph. In other words recent stats are way more important and it drops off pretty quick. So 2021 is getting long in the tooth anyway, but yeah I agree, it was particularly an outlier.
    bigdog777

Post by bigdog777 Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:19 pm

Is tommy Gilbert a hold?

Could trade:
    Gilbert -> Cartwright
    AKF -> Ilias

If I don’t trade him I can’t make either trade. Feel like both trades are going to make enough to make it worth it?
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:24 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Aiming for a R6 return from what I've seen for Lane

I've seen it around, but i dunno where it's coming from, every official source is still listing his return date as TBC, IIRC correctly, Savage copped the same knock on the same weekend and is sitting out until R8.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:28 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Set and forget meal isn't it 😋

cheer
    Syzy
    Syzy

Post by Syzy Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:33 pm

Camo123 wrote:I decided to do a Rabbits and ask NRL Feedback about the CNK try save on Ponga.

This is their response:

Spoiler:

Still shows try saves 0, so the error has not been fixed.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:38 am