NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists - Page 36 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:10 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Obviously this is a luxury post in regards to the current topic with cheapies and swapping them around but who tf do I captain tonight when I have Cleary, Cook and Murray...

*don't worry my team besides these few guns sucks aswell (hence why I need to make the right captain choice tonight)*

Lol, thats why I didn't build a team with 4 genuine captaincy options, you are paying a premium to have to make tough decisions each week.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists - Page 36 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:11 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:Ok, so I may not have been 100% correct with the Teddy (c) call last week.

But this week looks good. Roll them bones baby!

Bethany_B wrote:
    Do you not own Cleary or Murray?

Cleary, Cotter, Carrigan, Hopgood, Douehi, Fifita and Teddy.

But I'm more hopeful than smart.

Cmon you annoyingly racist NSW cockroach!
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:13 pm

wolfking wrote:

Ahh....I was racking my brain why he was calling him Chopgood.  I thought because he was good at a legs tackler or something, you know like the saying, 'chopped him down in a good tackle.'

Another person on the forum came up with Chopgood a few weeks ago.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:13 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

Cleary, Cotter, Carrigan, Hopgood, Douehi, Fifita and Teddy.

But I'm more hopeful than smart.

Cmon you annoyingly racist NSW cockroach!

Just stick the C on Cleary and don't play the roulette. I learned this the hard way in 2020 when I captained Teddy four weeks in a row
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:13 pm

wolfking wrote:

Ahh....I was racking my brain why he was calling him Chopgood.  I thought because he was good at a legs tackler or something, you know like the saying, 'chopped him down in a good tackle.'

With all the abbreviations and nicknames along with players with the same last name I try to keep it simple with what’s on the team sheet
    I am sure there are a few more good ones, will leave that to the people with the best imaginations unlike myself
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:16 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:
    With all the abbreviations and nicknames along with players with the same last name I try to keep it simple with what’s on the team sheet
    I am sure there are a few more good ones, will leave that to the people with the best imaginations unlike myself

Acronyms do get a big boring, especially as there are so many TLAs in the NRL these days

But guys like Hopgood and Doorey are just asking for good nicknames, and we need them

As long as we don't call him Jopgood

PS - I admit for the community team polls I always like to put players full names in.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:19 pm

Really hating all the negative MCK vibes out here guys.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:20 pm

mattnz wrote:

He was actually on fire in 2021, was missed because of limited minutes. His game last week aligned with that form, (and his early career).

2021 is the season everyone was on fire and he played limited minutes because he's shit. Just like last year when he couldn't make the team for half the season and played garbage minutes when he did.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:26 pm

mattnz wrote:

The big what if for Carty, is what if he keeps the EDG and Lane is back round 8 (same injury as Savage who is back then), and Carty keeps a 50 average. Will be the biggest regret of the early season for anyone that missed him. People are only looking at the downside what if, which worst case is a couple more starts, then back to the bench.

He put up 57, doing very little, his ceiling must be 90+ with a try or 2.

Yeah this. I'd be more disappointed if I don't buy Carty and he makes 180k, than if I buy him and he's dropped a week earlier than expected.

Put it this way: if it wasn't for the 'meme' aspect of Carty, a guy with a career 45 average in the second row, who just scored 57, playing for last year's finalists, with a negative BE, priced under 300k, with 20+% ownership to mitigate the risk would be a no-brainer.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:27 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

2021 is the season everyone was on fire and he played limited minutes because he's shit. Just like last year when he couldn't make the team for half the season and played garbage minutes when he did.

Last season they had iPap and Lane both on fire, both playing 80 on an EDG and they weren't getting injured or suspended. This year they are starting without either and their other former 80 minute gun EDG is also out. Made Carty an obvious pick to start the season.

We are seeing this season that guys like Hopgood and Carty are fantasy guns, that were stuck behind other guns, so had very limited opportunity. The real question is, who are the other ones we can identify early?
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:28 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Acronyms do get a big boring, especially as there are so many TLAs in the NRL these days

But guys like Hopgood and Doorey are just asking for good nicknames, and we need them

As long as we don't call him Jopgood

PS - I admit for the community team polls I always like to put players full names in.

Fair enough.
    I must arming it gets even more confusing when you combine 2 players names or more
    Think I remember seeing a few last crazy ones last year haha
    I think there was a Ryan Papenhuyzen combo and one with a couple sharks players?
    Good fun
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:28 pm

RandomSil wrote:Really hating all the negative MCK vibes out here guys.

Go back to 2014 when he was a rookie who everyone was expecting massive things from

Sure you can find some good optimistic posts about him back then
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:30 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Fair enough.
    I must arming it gets even more confusing when you combine 2 players names or more
    Think I remember seeing a few last crazy ones last year haha
    I think there was a Ryan Papenhuyzen combo and one with a couple sharks players?
    Good fun

Leipana was the first combo name that seemed to really take off, when Joey Leilua and Jordan Rapana were tearing teams apart. Talakai+Mulitalo had one as well last year but I don't even remember what it was (Mulikai? Talatalo? they all sound a bit crap)

No name will ever annoy me more than Nrown
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:31 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Go back to 2014 when he was a rookie who everyone was expecting massive things from

Do you have the average points/minutes of all starting 2rf in round one by chance?
    At a guess 40? And 70mins? (Assuming injuries/substitutions)

Last edited by Contrastinghobby on Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:32 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Just stick the C on Cleary and don't play the roulette. I learned this the hard way in 2020 when I captained Teddy four weeks in a row
    I did it last year putting the C on Fifita in rounds 2,3, & 4. 

Players like Murray, Grant, Cook, Hopgood do feel like solid and reliable 60+ point options, but I’m still gonna back Penrith to right the wrong of last week and keep Cleary as captain. Plus, I believe he does have a couple of three digit(*Clap Clap Clap*) scores against Souths, so another would be most excellent news.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:32 pm

Milchcow wrote:

He is a guy that has had some massive moments in games that changed the outcome, a bit like Ray Stone. Hasn't had a consistent chance, but you can see there is some talent there that sometimes has shown through.
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:33 pm

Any issues with Hopgod or too simple?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:33 pm

mattnz wrote:

Last season they had iPap and Lane both on fire, both playing 80 on an EDG and they weren't getting injured or suspended. This year they are starting without either and their other former 80 minute gun EDG is also out. Made Carty an obvious pick to start the season.

We are seeing this season that guys like Hopgood and Carty are fantasy guns, that were stuck behind other guns, so had very limited opportunity. The real question is, who are the other ones we can identify early?

I'd like more of this.  Everyone is very very aware of your opinion on Cartwright.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:34 pm

mattnz wrote:

That made Doorey an obvious pick. Cartwright was just a fluke that's more likely to get hooked for a sub 30 score than bang out 50s.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:37 pm

Other than a party is there even a real difference between Michael Chee Kam and Bryce Cartwright?
    I just see one name mentioned so I assume this is purely down to which one you own?
    Confused that’s all

Both starting in injury depleted teams
    Both in good stable teams and there on merit
    Both had great start to their careers but the last few years been bench players
    Low break evens

Last edited by Contrastinghobby on Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:00 am