NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy - Page 47 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:48 pm

Chewie wrote:I had Doorey at 18, got my hopes up when he scored a try, I was able to shuffle the team around to get his score, but alas, he used his plodding powers to nullify his try scoring efforts.

sigh... Matt Ploddoorey
    Hasnt he possibly done his ACL again?
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy - Page 47 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:49 pm

Fraser wrote:I've captained Tapine. Could be a masterstroke, could also be a flop. Kind of annoying that I've gotta wait til Sunday to find out.

I hope its a master stroke.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:50 pm

Fraser wrote:I've captained Tapine. Could be a masterstroke, could also be a flop. Kind of annoying that I've gotta wait til Sunday to find out.

Nice, I'm all for Tapine going gangbusters
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:51 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Now I feel bad for bagging him out silent
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:51 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Nah, cleared of ACL according to Fox comms

Last edited by my tv broke on Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:52 pm

robelgordo wrote:

I’m still tempted to hold

Cheese is a excellent footballer, just too mad for fantasy
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:53 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Ahh that’s good. Poor bugger

Post by Guest Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:54 pm

I hope he gets a 90 (before captaincy) for you mate
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:55 pm

Do we have the exact updated Captaincy percentages for the round?

I C Hopgood too was tempted to go Haas, ah well Turbo and Carty were my positives. I took a bit of a hit with Turbo bye last week but he repaid me tonight!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:59 pm

AL wrote:

Not just a pool, a really really big pool. Some would say it’s bigger than everyone else’s pool.

And tbf, they would probably be right.

My name is Mulvy, and I have a really small pool.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:05 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I hope so, for him and our fantasy teams. Many times though, we've been concerned by a possible minor MCL injury, and nek minnut, nah season. Lolo a few years back for example.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:06 pm

Khany wrote:

Cheese is a excellent footballer, just too mad for fantasy

Mad, hmm. Yeah I suppose. Would you say hectic?
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:08 pm

Mulvy wrote:

My name is Mulvy, and I have a really small pool.

A small pool is better than no pool.

But mine is medium size, just fyi.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:09 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

You have to factor in the *likelihood* of each running good/bad. In reality it's probably low for both, but I'd say the likelihood of Haas (or Cook) running actively bad has been established over a number of years as "extremely low", while Hopgood, despite two stand-out games which his team lost is still in the "unknown" basket, especially in regard to how badly his coach mismanaged forward minutes in those two losses.

Sometimes I wish I'd listen to myself.
    User Name
    User Name

Post by User Name Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:10 pm

Mulvy wrote:My name is Mulvy, and I have a really small pool.

Hi Mulvy welcome to the RSPCA (Really Small Pool Club of Australia).

It is a secret club that offers emotional support animals at a discounted price for club members.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:20 pm

Quick drop of a few thoughts as I check out the scores after a dire night. Shit as an Eels fan; shit as a Hopgood captainer; but in a dramatic turn of events I got my first tip right for the year. I do jest, but it is my 7th correct tip, from 17 games, so it was a minor event. One I'd have been happy to lose, though.

Turbo - should've done this, should've done that... but definitely should have started with Turbo over Teddy. Not just because of this, but more because of their prices and potential for it to play out this way. Good times for owners.

Penis - nice, and what it could have been had he not butchered the try. He certainly has erected himself as one of the better CTR options.

Paulo - nice on the bench for my Draft team if Carrigan is out this week. Even if him being out destroys all my other teams, lol.

Cartwright - jeez, his half time score was thrilling on an otherwise dark night. What a bummer in the end, just for where it looked like we were headed. Guess he wanted to squeeze into the overall theme of the night.

DCE - that one's definitely going to hurt for those, of whom I believe there were several, bringing him in for Cleary.

Hopgood - nothing more to say that's not been said. I'm sure I'll end up on (C)leary again next week, but if Haas does what he usually does again this week I'll be very tempted just to put it there until I'm compelled to move it elsewhere.

I know it was one bad game after two excellent games, but lots of questions whirling in my scalp about Hopgood tonight. Main one being, did a certain keeper potentially drop down to just a great cash cow? With Matto back, is there actually a scenario where we're moving on from Hopgood in a few weeks? Will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Doorey - like a few others, I had him sitting there ready to come into my 17 if he went on with it after that try. As it stands, if Carrigan and Doueihi are out, I'm playing all green dots in my team this week anyway. But, in a scenario where both play, looks like I'll be taking my chances on Katoa to top this 27, I think.

Interesting game with interesting scores. Pretty average to weak across the board. Olakau'atu on 42 with two tries strikes me as very underwhelming, at a quick glance.

Anyway, that's about all I have for tonight. Not a great start to the weekend's footy, but it is what it is and onto tomorrow. Actually looking forward to both of tomorrow's contests, and yes, that includes Knights vs Dolphins. Should be good fun.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 pm

I’ve got an average sized pool…..looks like I have about 20 pages to read as well!!!

Got hammered in the indoor GF by some fiesty Argentinians. Had a look at the score when we finished, looks like it was a shootout.

Glad Doorey hasn’t done his ACL and looks like HopGood train got delayed at the station.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 pm

AL wrote:

A small pool is better than no pool.

But mine is medium size, just fyi.
    I think it's more how you use the pool.

Also some nice neatly trimmed bushes around the perimeter is just fine, but you can trim them right back if you need to see more of the pool to be satisfied.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I hope so, for him and our fantasy teams. Many times though, we've been concerned by a possible minor MCL injury, and nek minnut, nah season. Lolo a few years back for example.

I forget because I have the memory of a pigeon, but tonight seemed a lot like the trial I saw at Gosford. Doorey scored a try and then went off injured a few minutes later. Is this possible injury the same one he had after the Eels' second trial?
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:26 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Quick drop of a few thoughts as I check out the scores after a dire night. Shit as an Eels fan; shit as a Hopgood captainer; but in a dramatic turn of events I got my first tip right for the year. I do jest, but it is my 7th correct tip, from 17 games, so it was a minor event. One I'd have been happy to lose, though.

Turbo - should've done this, should've done that... but definitely should have started with Turbo over Teddy. Not just because of this, but more because of their prices and potential for it to play out this way. Good times for owners.

Penis - nice, and what it could have been had he not butchered the try. He certainly has erected himself as one of the better CTR options.

Paulo - nice on the bench for my Draft team if Carrigan is out this week. Even if him being out destroys all my other teams, lol.

Cartwright - jeez, his half time score was thrilling on an otherwise dark night. What a bummer in the end, just for where it looked like we were headed. Guess he wanted to squeeze into the overall theme of the night.

DCE - that one's definitely going to hurt for those, of whom I believe there were several, bringing him in for Cleary.

Hopgood - nothing more to say that's not been said. I'm sure I'll end up on (C)leary again next week, but if Haas does what he usually does again this week I'll be very tempted just to put it there until I'm compelled to move it elsewhere.

I know it was one bad game after two excellent games, but lots of questions whirling in my scalp about Hopgood tonight. Main one being, did a certain keeper potentially drop down to just a great cash cow? With Matto back, is there actually a scenario where we're moving on from Hopgood in a few weeks? Will be interesting to see how this one plays out.  

Doorey - like a few others, I had him sitting there ready to come into my 17 if he went on with it after that try. As it stands, if Carrigan and Doueihi are out, I'm playing all green dots in my team this week anyway. But, in a scenario where both play, looks like I'll be taking my chances on Katoa to top this 27, I think.

Interesting game with interesting scores. Pretty average to weak across the board. Olakau'atu on 42 with two tries strikes me as very underwhelming, at a quick glance.

Anyway, that's about all I have for tonight. Not a great start to the weekend's footy, but it is what it is and onto tomorrow. Actually looking forward to both of tomorrow's contests, and yes, that includes Knights vs Dolphins. Should be good fun.

Olakauatu is one of very few players that actually scores better with Turbo not playing (58 average, 0.8 tries per game), than with him playing (42 average, 0.3 tries per game). When Turbo isn't there, he basically is their attack. If Turbo gets injured, could be one to look to bring in after price drops.

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:32 pm