NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 56 - Adelaide, home of the dark blues

Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 56 - Adelaide, home of the dark blues - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 56 - Adelaide, home of the dark blues

Post by Welshy Tue May 30, 2023 11:59 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Yeah I'm thinking of the Ponga up to halves thing as well and buying a wfb. Not necessarily this week, but if Teddy out I'm short this week, and Kiraz as well as 16 and 19 will also play 14 so would make sense, at least for me.

Very decent in that scenario then mate
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 56 - Adelaide, home of the dark blues - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 56 - Adelaide, home of the dark blues

Post by Boozecluez Wed May 31, 2023 12:05 am

Robertneville wrote:

I'm sure he'd not be too upset considering that team just got him $1000 as the monthly winner.

Fishing

The question I was going to ask is would you throw away your season for $1000?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed May 31, 2023 12:10 am

Going to need to reasses trades this round. Originally had
    Crossland & Curran out for Robson & IPap

But looking at 16 I'm short a Hooker - sorted with Robson trade in this round.

Short 2 Mids - Only currently have HEdwards - Current trade in targets 2 of Hopgood/Matto/JFH/Elliott

Short 1 CTR - Only currently have Alamoti - Current trade in targets of Manu/Penis

Short 1 HLF or WFB - Only currently have Crossland/Ponga - Current trade in target of Kiraz if WFB (Ponga up to halves) or DBrown/Moses (Ponga in WFB with Bula/Drinky)

Obviously with Eels bye I can wait on Hop/Matto/Penis/DBrown/Moses..

Think that probably sorts my trades this round to Manu/Robson in for Bird/Curran

Will sit on Ford with his dual over Curran, but he's another trade out option
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed May 31, 2023 12:12 am

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Fishing

I would, nothing gaurenteed from now until end of the year, way too long in the distance.

Take the money now personally
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Wed May 31, 2023 12:12 am

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Fishing

If someone told me to delete my team for this year and they’d give me a $1000, it’s already gone, been playing this for a decade plus and that’s $1k more than I’ve ever won.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed May 31, 2023 12:14 am

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Fishing

I assumed it was your burner team anyway 😉
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 31, 2023 12:16 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Who are the best cashouts this week?

Turpin and Liddle the early favourites for mine
    Have too many dogs already to consider Oloapu

Anyone else I should be considering?
    I guess Fainu from next week is also an option
    I’m probably going to be boring and grab both of Turpin and Liddle. 

Do we assume that’s Liddles spot for the season now with Hook gone?
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed May 31, 2023 12:18 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

I assumed it was your burner team anyway 😉

Thats a long burn, 3 months....

Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed May 31, 2023 12:19 am

syn13 wrote:

If someone told me to delete my team for this year and they’d give me a $1000, it’s already gone, been playing this for a decade plus and that’s $1k more than I’ve ever won.

Plenty of time to use all your trades now?
    4 trades per week, should be able to have a crack still, whats stopping you

Each to their own, but most I would imagine aren't playing for the money
    Might as well go play draftstars/moneyball or chuck a multi on
    Even supercoach has better prize support

If we aren't playing for fun then whats the point haha
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed May 31, 2023 12:27 am

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Careful!
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed May 31, 2023 12:38 am

Getting in Liddle over Cook gives so much more money for round 16 and 19 activities!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 31, 2023 12:39 am

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Fishing

I might, depending on how team was going, how many trades used etc. We all would like $1000, but some would need it more than I would. When I won it last year, I can say, hand on heart, I had forgotten it was even a thing. I always go hard at byes anyway, and only won it by a point. Who's to say if I had "gone for it", that it wouldn't have back-fired and I missed out? Mostly just a humble-brag, but relevant to the conversation Very Happy
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Wed May 31, 2023 12:40 am

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Don’t get me wrong, the idea is to play for fun, if I was playing for money with my track record I’d have packed it in a long time ago, but I’d take an extra thousand dollars worth of fun over staring at my team for way too long wondering which trade I’ll regret this week any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 31, 2023 12:43 am

ytsb wrote:Getting in Liddle over Cook gives so much more money for round 16 and 19 activities!
    I can’t say no to Turpin no matter how bad he is haha. 5 games between now and Round 19 and then can flick him
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 31, 2023 12:47 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

I'll probably go Turpin over Liddle.
    Have Cook so need a R17 hooker.

Current other trade ins are Bateman and Dedwards
    Can possibly go Robson instead of one of them, and try sort the other later

As long as no injuries I'll sit on that team for a couple of weeks.
    Nikorima out in R15/16 for whoever the best I can afford is.

Then wait for R19 when start burning trades heavily again to get final 17 ASAP
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 31, 2023 12:47 am

Welshy wrote:Going to need to reasses trades this round. Originally had
    Crossland & Curran out for Robson & IPap

But looking at 16 I'm short a Hooker - sorted with Robson trade in this round.

Short 2 Mids - Only currently have HEdwards - Current trade in targets 2 of Hopgood/Matto/JFH/Elliott

Short 1 CTR - Only currently have Alamoti - Current trade in targets of Manu/Penis

Short 1 HLF or WFB - Only currently have Crossland/Ponga - Current trade in target of Kiraz if WFB (Ponga up to halves) or DBrown/Moses (Ponga in WFB with Bula/Drinky)

Obviously with Eels bye I can wait on Hop/Matto/Penis/DBrown/Moses..

Think that probably sorts my trades this round to Manu/Robson in for Bird/Curran

Will sit on Ford with his dual over Curran, but he's another trade out option

As an owner, I know why you want to get rid of Crossland, and Robson is a definite upgrade. Just checking you are aware that Crossland has received HOK dpp and is available rd16? You might not want to keep him until then (understandable) but just checking you're aware.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed May 31, 2023 12:48 am

Mulvy wrote:

I might, depending on how team was going, how many trades used etc. We all would like $1000, but some would need it more than I would. When I won it last year, I can say, hand on heart, I had forgotten it was even a thing. I always go hard at byes anyway, and only won it by a point. Who's to say if I had "gone for it", that it wouldn't have back-fired and I missed out? Mostly just a humble-brag, but relevant to the conversation Very Happy

I won the $1000 last month and was approx 50pts off it this month but trades up my sleeve (Who knows when they will ever pay up haha)
    A heap others here were even better setup from what I have read, I was back 2500 place for the month or something
    It was just an interesting question I thought, thats my fortnightly wage so alot of money to me

But saying that whats the point of throwing it all away halfway through the season and 150pts off 1st
    I guess they probably dont have a great community like this to hang out in
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed May 31, 2023 12:51 am

syn13 wrote:

Don’t get me wrong, the idea is to play for fun, if I was playing for money with my track record I’d have packed it in a long time ago, but I’d take an extra thousand dollars worth of fun over staring at my team for way too long wondering which trade I’ll regret this week any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

But I stand by my point, might as well go out swinging then
    This is the month to do it or anyone else reading.
    Tough 4 weeks but if you max trade and setup for round 16 with a gun team you have a good shot as 99% wont be doing it
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 31, 2023 12:52 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

I wouldn't assume anything. And Liddle is not known for his longevity. To date has been injury prone. BUT, he's a very capable fantasy scorer, a pretty decent player too when he remains healthy. It's a big guess though moving forward. I probably take a punt if he didn't clash with Cook byes.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed May 31, 2023 12:56 am

If i had space in the squad I would take a punt on liddle or turpin too
    Liddle works better as a combo with robson but would be a trade rd 20 and would still need a hooker
    I guess you could jump to grant there

Its not without risk but would prefer cook as a cutprice keeper

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:55 pm