NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 56 - Adelaide, home of the dark blues

Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 56 - Adelaide, home of the dark blues - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 56 - Adelaide, home of the dark blues

Post by Mulvy Tue May 30, 2023 11:57 pm

Welshy wrote:

I don't have any other R16 halves currently - except if I move Ponga down mate, which then means I need a WFB to play alongside Drinky/Bula

So I absolutely need at least 1 extra Half/WFB trade in if I dump Crossland

I don't need to play Crossland in my 17, and he won't lose much value to be able to use in R16 so it's points end of the day in tough bye round.

If I dump him now I need to use another trade to get better numbers for R16

You didn't say who you're rd16 hooker is? Post your team?
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 56 - Adelaide, home of the dark blues - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 56 - Adelaide, home of the dark blues

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed May 31, 2023 12:00 am

I’m bringing back talakai, Any objections?
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed May 31, 2023 12:01 am

Mulvy wrote:

They normally take a while. Make sure to keep an eye on those Promotions/spam folders. They send an email first which you have to respond to, stating that you are eligible to receive the prize because you aren't a family member of the promoters, and blah blah, you're an all around good guy, blah blah, I haven't cheated etc etc.

Haha yeah, have won a few years of sharks vouchers and you got them near Xmas so I end up with ugly Xmas sweaters or other warm stuff and then remember I live in Sydney haha.

Cheers, yeah found it in the spam after a week so it pays to check there first if others win something.
    Thanks
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 31, 2023 12:04 am

Robertneville wrote:

Targeting it left me low on trades and with 4 out this week none of whom I want to trade yet, then the Bird injury left me with 16 so I'll have to get in another CTR or WFB and hope my Origin players backup.

That being said my concerns are barely worth mentioning, there are a lot more teams in a worse position than me... I'm happy to be ranked where I am considering just like Booze I had a truly awful start to the season.

Nice mate, similar here. 4 on the bye, after origin tomorrow I'll be formulating a plan for origin outs. Like I said earlier, Teddy to Kiraz is an option for my team if Teddy is out. Haas to a forward, probably a mid. Not sure who yet. Captaincy will be tricky too but haven't even thought about it too much yet, everyone needs to get through the next couple of days first!

Edit: also meant to mention I have to trade Bird also. I'm thinking Manu back in again! what a season. I'm not sure I've ever traded someone out and in again (unless is was on purpose) ever, and now I've done it a few times this year. Could explain starting poorly this year, or could just be a symptom of this season's new format.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed May 31, 2023 12:09 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:I’m bringing back talakai, Any objections?

Good pick, just double check round 17 bye too you don’t have too many outs with the bye
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 31, 2023 12:11 am

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Haha yeah, have won a few years of sharks vouchers and you got them near Xmas so I end up with ugly Xmas sweaters or other warm stuff and then remember I live in Sydney haha.

Cheers, yeah found it in the spam after a week so it pays to check there first if others win something.
    Thanks

cheer
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 31, 2023 12:14 am

No objections.

Ramien for cheaper??
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed May 31, 2023 12:14 am

Mulvy wrote:

You didn't say who you're rd16 hooker is? Post your team?

After this weeks proposed trades

Curran - Robson
    Bird - Manu

Cook
    Tapine, JDB, Harris
    Loiero, Preston
    SJ, Cleary
    Manu, Lemu
    Tedesco, Drinky, Bula

Carrigan
    Robson
    HEdwards
    Crossland

Ford/Alamoti loop
    KNiko
    Ponga
    Robertneville
    Robertneville

Post by Robertneville Wed May 31, 2023 12:17 am

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Thanks

Nice, congrats.

At least last years vouchers had like a 3 year expiry so you don't get stuck with only Xmas stuff anymore, a shame the NRLshop doesn't stock any of the best jerseys like the ANZAC/Indigenous round replicas.

Plenty of bobbleheads for all though cheer

Last edited by Robertneville on Wed May 31, 2023 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Wed May 31, 2023 12:18 am

Eying him up as well. Bird off has me very light at centre with only Manu and Billy Smith. Need someone to loop for the occasional week when Billy doesn't hit his 60 lol!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 31, 2023 12:34 am

Welshy wrote:

After this weeks proposed trades

Curran - Robson
    Bird - Manu

Cook
    Tapine, JDB, Harris
    Loiero, Preston
    SJ, Cleary
    Manu, Lemu
    Tedesco, Drinky, Bula

Carrigan
    Robson
    HEdwards
    Crossland

Ford/Alamoti loop
    KNiko
    Ponga

You could totally do those trades, they're fine. As you say you don't have rd16 halves either. Bird to Manu I'm doing too. But rather than Robson so you can play Crossland at half, what about Moses/DBrown so you can play Crossland at hooker? Gives you Ponga and Moses/Brown at half for rd16, and Moses/Brown for rd19 (with SJ). I'm aware you need a wfb in that instance. Maybe Ted is out and you get Kiraz in that instance. Maybe you get Kiraz next week for Curran. Just some ideas mate, based off my own given some similarities in my team. Hope it's helpful.

Last edited by Mulvy on Wed May 31, 2023 12:39 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Byes are hard)
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Wed May 31, 2023 12:35 am

Contrastinghobby wrote:

But I stand by my point, might as well go out swinging then
    This is the month to do it or anyone else reading.
    Tough 4 weeks but if you max trade and setup for round 16 with a gun team you have a good shot as 99% wont be doing it

That’s a different hypothetical than the one you originally posed though, you said ‘throw away your season for $1000’, not ‘throw away your season for a chance at $1000’, in which case its no, because I don’t know my arse from my elbow when it comes to good decision making, i’d probably find a way to lose rankings by the end of June if I tried to focus on it.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Wed May 31, 2023 12:43 am

Think I'm going Staggs, Couchman, Bird to Liddle, Talakai, Burton. Chucking the C on Tapine. Mid season tigers feel like a nice grindy game and a tired Api falling off a bunch of tackles in the mid.

Interested in IPap but already have Hosking and Luki for 16 so happy to wait a week and re-evaluate, easy swap if Luki shits the bed again or loses the role to Nanai. Robson can come in r16 funded by Fainu cashdown next week.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed May 31, 2023 1:05 am

Mulvy wrote:

You could totally do those trades, they're fine. As you say you don't have rd16 halves either. Bird to Manu I'm doing too. But rather than Robson so you can play Crossland at half, what about Moses/DBrown so you can play Crossland at hooker? Gives you Ponga and Moses/Brown at half for rd16, and Moses/Brown for rd19 (with SJ). I'm aware you need a wfb in that instance. Maybe Ted is out and you get Kiraz in that instance. Maybe you get Kiraz next week for Curran. Just some ideas mate, based off my own given some similarities in my team. Hope it's helpful.

Yeah all good stuff mate, with the Eels on a bye I'm obviously waiting on the Eels halves until next week, but plan is Moses/Brown in next week for Ford and Matto/Hopgood in for Carrigan.

Would give me with 12 on the field for R16 and 9 trades left
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed May 31, 2023 1:37 am

Mulvy wrote:

No objections.

Ramien for cheaper??

Left attack seems better, prefer talakai, did consider this, but money isn’t my main concern, I’m viewing talakai as someone who can stick around mid to long term (already wasted lots of trades on centres) less convinced on ramien scoring as consistently

Do enjoy watching talakai and cheering on sharks so win win
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed May 31, 2023 5:47 am

Bird (thank you for your service) & IKat (you've a bright future elsewhere)

Out for

Cook (can't believe you start with a 6) and Bateman (don't make me regret this)

Easy trades. Happy days.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed May 31, 2023 6:47 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:So how bout that Sitili Toupinoua... Is he gonna have 80 minutes on the EDG when everyone comes back and score lots of tries as per usual... He is quite cheap and the Roosters have already had 2 byes

Grabbed him last week. Thought he was the best of the sub 450k guys with a starting second row average well into the 40s

Will probably hang around as my 18th/19th player for the run home
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Wed May 31, 2023 6:53 am

Happy State of Origin 1 all. Go Queensland!!!
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed May 31, 2023 6:55 am

Holy Moly wrote:Happy State of Origin 1 all. Go Queensland!!!

Rewatched game one 2022 earlier on YouTube

I don’t have an NRL team, but I am an honorary QLDer,

Let’s go maroons

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Wed May 31, 2023 6:59 am

I'm bringing in Turpin but solely as a round 16 cover for Cook and a cashout. Lets me upgrade Timoko and Bird to Tohu and Ipap who I view as keepers.

Cook
    Tapine, JDB, Horse
    IPap, Preston
    Cleary, Hynes
    Lemmy, BSmith
    Manu, Drinkwater, Bula

Boyd, Tohu, SJ, Edwards
    Ponga, Hopgood, Oloapu, Turpin

Eventual plan to upgrade Boyd, Drinkwater, Presto, Tapine?, Hopgood? to the likes of Fifita, Latrell, Teddy and Haas after origin. Cashing out to Turps lets me start building the bank for that

Also lets go maroons!

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:22 am