NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 56 - Adelaide, home of the dark blues

sajjos
    sajjos

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 56 - Adelaide, home of the dark blues - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 56 - Adelaide, home of the dark blues

Post by sajjos Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:20 am

Khany wrote:Love it when Tino makes a break, has some wheels for a big guy

Watching on delay?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 56 - Adelaide, home of the dark blues - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 56 - Adelaide, home of the dark blues

Post by White Lightning Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:48 am

my tv broke wrote:I guess Turbo doesn't play again for Manly until round 17 (if he backs up from origin 2).

Weekes owners will be happy with 17s for another few weeks.

i own weekes in vsdt what a drop kick he is...manly talking him up as a future superstar i can't see it he doesn't get involved & looks disinterested at times...i need him to pull finger & get a couple of tries to boost his price
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:53 am

mrbrownstone wrote:

I'm a Kiwi so no real skin in the game either way, but aside from 2020 (which was, admittedly, embarrassing) I'm not sure that's necessarily true. I certainly don't think NSW were clearly a better side on paper for last year's series or last night. Just focussing on the spines, I think you'd struggle to take Teddy, Luai, or Koro over Walsh, Munster, or Grant/Hunt on current form.

I know odds are far from the gospel, but I struggle to recall the last origin QLD started as favorites, add to that, while it’s getting long in the tooth at this point, the last time a full-strength Kangaroos team was assembled in 2021, only Holmes, Munster and Hunt could crack the starting side, with Grant, Patty and Tino on the bench.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:01 am

No Worries wrote:Who broke the forum ?

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 56 - Adelaide, home of the dark blues - Page 30 Giphy
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:02 am

syn13 wrote:

I know odds are far from the gospel, but I struggle to recall the last origin QLD started as favorites, add to that, while it’s getting long in the tooth at this point, the last time a full-strength Kangaroos team was assembled in 2021, only Holmes, Munster and Hunt could crack the starting side, with Grant, Patty and Tino on the bench.

Fair point, well made. Although assuming you're talking about the team from the WC final last year, Wighton has retired from rep footy, Latrell, RCG and Jurbo are injured, and Angus Crichton has had his well-documented issues. I think add Trell, RCG and Jurbo in particular back in and there's a very fair argument that NSW are better on paper, but I'm just not sure they were last night, especially missing those two from their mid rotation. Also gotta factor in the significant form dip from Teddy, don't think that can be overstated as a factor.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:05 am

Origin. I don’t believe this nonsense about Queensland caring more or wanting it more. The majority of Blues players were out there giving it their best but the game plan didn’t work. Laughable suggestion that Teddy’s slip cost the Blues the game. Hammer was through the line with 2 unmarked players inside him. It was a try under the posts regardless of what happened, the slip just changed who scored it.
    Where it was lost
    Early in the first half Blues had all the territory and possession. With QLD pinned back and plenty of tackles in the red zone the Blues came away from zero points. Sure they came close a few times but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
    The momentum swing off the drop out being regathered by QLD. Blues had a few good territory sets leading up to it but that completely shifted. Once the momentum was gone there wasn’t enough time to get it back
    Lack of creativity. The Panthers style works because they are a very well drilled club team that will smother you in defense and grind out the point when you make errors. That doesn’t happen at origin level so you can’t rely on it
    What worked
    Hudson Young early put great pressure on DCE and really had him off his game. His job was to come on, give a few bruises and disrupt the QLD playmakers, which I thought he did well in his stint. I wouldn’t change this for game 2.
    Liam Martin off the bench. Came on and caused havoc with no regard for his body. Was the Blues best player so I don’t think you can change this role.
    Crichton at centre was solid defensively and created a few half chances chasing kicks. Wasn’t a fan of the selection (thought it should have been Burton) but he really stood up and got the job done.
    What I would change
    First I would start with the overall play style of the team. Using the 13 as the point of attack is too slow to break down a team full of rep players and needs an overhaul. I’d be aiming for flat and fast attack at the advantage line. The aim is to generate quick play the balls through the middle before hitting the edges against a retreating defense rather than the current style of trying to “freeze” the middle defense through ball playing and second phase.
    How do we achieve this? We pick players that fit what we are trying to achieve rather than picking on talent and we give the keys to two of my favourite players, Cam Murray and Damien Cook. They would line up like this
    1. Teddy
    2. To’o
    3. Latrell
    4. Campbell Graham
    5. Addo-Carr
    6. Luai
    7. Cleary
    8. Haas
    9. Cook
    10. Paulo
    11. Frizell
    12. Young
    13. Murray
    14. Koroisau
    15. Martin
    16. Yeo
    17. Klemmer
    With Yeo playing off the bench this allows NSW to start the game fast with Cook, Cleary, Teddy running off quick play the balls generated in the engine room. Front foot ball in turn gives more space to the backs out wide which lets them go to work. Later in the game once things slow down Yeo + Koroisau can come on to add a bit of spark around the ruck once the line speed has dropped off and you actually have time for ball playing. Klemmer would be told he gets around 30 minutes in a tearaway role rather than the work horse he has turned into

What Freddie will do
    Changes around the edges that don’t actually mean much. Latrell comes in for Crichton, Luai gets dropped for Hynes to 6, Cook to 14 (despite playing a better game than Cleary) and TPJ out for Saifiti. Run it back and struggle to score points again at Suncorp

MS for Blues coach 2024
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:08 am

Finucane getting 0 mentions would be completely different if he was a QLDer
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:08 am

Selwyn Cobbo failed to finish Origin 1 after suffering a hip pointer injury. Effectively a nasty contusion/cork to the soft tissue/bone above the hip - extremely painful & gets more stiff/sore as it cools down. Most return within 7-10 days but would be surprised if he plays Rd 14
    Sauce NRL Physio
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:11 am

Camo123 wrote:Finucane getting 0 mentions would be completely different if he was a QLDer

I think it's a year too late for Finucane. If we are picking a Sharks middle I would have preferred Rudolf pre-injury
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:13 am

MF wrote:
    RandomSil wrote:

Yeah but Cleary is like 3 players in one.. so it balances out

Swallowed my pride and got the cheating Kent this year

Speaking of swallowing how's the new misso*

*Don't actually care wanted to do the joke
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:30 am

Is there any better cashcow/cashout that isn’t Turpin that is better than Oloapu

Getting 2nd thoughts about Oloapu with R17 (have Bateman, Bula, Preston). I also feel like Hynes will be an Origin scapegoat and then be available R16 (meaning 5 on bye in R17 and Oloapu surplus to requirements for both byes as I’d have Hynes and Moses for 16 and Moses/SJ for 19)

Preston I may sell in R17

Turpin is useless to me for bye coverage as I have Robson
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:35 am

Chances seem reasonably high of Cook getting called back into the blues squad.
    Is he still a good option?

I think I'm sticking with him as with low trades, I need to just bring in a keeper when I can.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:43 am

Camo123 wrote:Is there any better cashcow/cashout that isn’t Turpin that is better than Oloapu

Getting 2nd thoughts about Oloapu with R17 (have Bateman, Bula, Preston). I also feel like Hynes will be an Origin scapegoat and then be available R16 (meaning 5 on bye in R17 and Oloapu surplus to requirements for both byes as I’d have Hynes and Moses for 16 and Moses/SJ for 19)

Does Kini stick around? Probably not.. Coates and Sloan are kinda cheap again.

Fainu I'm looking at for next week.

I'm leaning Bird to Suaali instead of Manu this week so I'll have some cash to upgrade some shittos with not many cows around.
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:43 am

Camo123 wrote:Is there any better cashcow/cashout that isn’t Turpin that is better than Oloapu

I swear to god every year I've tried to plan optimally for Bye rounds has been a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME.

Better of picking the highest scoring players representing the best value and making small changes for the byes where possible.

Im trading in Hynes and Turpin, because it's the only way I can afford Hynes. Im not going to take some other nuffies potential 30 when Hynes could easily drop another 100 on my head.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:43 am

Chewie wrote:Origin Fantasy Game I leaderboard

1. BCT05
    2. Camo
    3. Beth

Well played

Cheers Smile Didn't think I would do that well but we take those Ws
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:44 am

JMK possibly being out this week is a bit of a pain. JMK to Turpin for a 10 point loss a week seems fair if he’s going to miss 2 of the next 3?
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:53 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Does Kini stick around? Probably not.. Coates and Sloan are kinda cheap again.

Fainu I'm looking at for next week.

I'm leaning Bird to Suaali instead of Manu this week so I'll have some cash to upgrade some shittos with not many cows around.

You will regret Suaalii... At CTR he just does not get enough look in
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:53 am

lukeayee wrote:

I swear to god every year I've tried to plan optimally for Bye rounds has been a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME.

Better of picking the highest scoring players representing the best value and making small changes for the byes where possible.

Im trading in Hynes and Turpin, because it's the only way I can afford Hynes. Im not going to take some other nuffies potential 30 when Hynes could easily drop another 100 on my head.

That’s why the plan is to buy Hynes. I have the money for Hynes or Fifita next week so will likely just bite the bullet and stop screwing around with bye players (though Hynes would be a must if available in R16 for captaincy)
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:58 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:JMK possibly being out this week is a bit of a pain. JMK to Turpin for a 10 point loss a week seems fair if he’s going to miss 2 of the next 3?

Sounds like he'll play and it's just a pain management issue, just hoping he isn't limited.

If he was to be a late out he'd probably have to be a hold and hope one week off sorts him out. 

Liddle would be the one I would trade to as he would be the replacement for rd19 but don't have the trade numbers for that kind of thing for a short-term injury.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:02 am

BCT05 wrote:

Sounds like he'll play and it's just a pain management issue, just hoping he isn't limited.

If he was to be a late out he'd probably have to be a hold and hope one week off sorts him out. 

Liddle would be the one I would trade to as he would be the replacement for rd19 but don't have the trade numbers for that kind of thing for a short-term injury.
    I have Boyd for Round 19 if he survives that long which he should. 

With only him and JMK I’m without a HOK for 16 so he would need to come in to cover that
    If JMK is good to go I’ll probably still get Turpin this week for Bird and hope he makes a bit of money and contributes fair scores for his price

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:40 pm