NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:07 pm

ytsb wrote:Anyone else considering holding Tapine for R19 given he got the minutes last week? Probably costs approx 75k in cash money but he's a warm body for R19 and surely averages around 50 from here to R20. Interested to hear some thoughts around this!

I'll be holding Tapine.
    As you say, he's a warm body who should average 50 (ish) and could go large with Horse on Origin duty.
    That said, as a registered trade-a-holic I just don't have the luxury of trading out healthy players who have no chance of an Origin call-up.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:09 pm

What do we think of Nat Butcher as an option? He's been pretty consistent this year, that dual position is very valuable and can score very well at either edge or middle (named at prop this week)

695k is a bit pricey for a 17th/18th man but I figure it's him, Sorensen or Olakau'atu and he's probably the safest of the three, averaging a ridiculous 48 tackles per game this year.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:16 pm

Obbeats wrote:Hi guys. New to Fantasy this year - started in round 5 so a bit behind in points and salary cap, but feel like I'm doing pretty well considering the handicap. Been lurking the forum the past few weeks.

My team looks like this right now:

Turpin
    JFH, Fainu,
    Hopgood
    Hynes, Oloapu
    Billy Smith, Manu
    Bula, ponga, Drinky

Harris, tatola, te whare, hands, Robson, timoko, lemuelu, jdb, Moses, Okunbor

I'm planning on trading Moses to IPap and Okunbor to a mid. At this point leaning toward Matto or maybe another MID. Then I'll be all set up for 16, 17, 19 and 20.
    Was looking at other MID options - is there any reason people aren't talking about Josh King? He seems pretty consistent in minutes and scoring this year.

Edit: just noticed someone mentioned him at the top of this page. 😅

Welcome
    Enjoy the community. Pick players for "fun".
    Ignore snarky remarks, most of the shit-posting and ribbing is based on a bunch of blokes who've known each other a long time giving each other an uppercut.
    It's all good natured stuff.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:22 pm

Obbeats wrote:Hi guys. New to Fantasy this year - started in round 5 so a bit behind in points and salary cap, but feel like I'm doing pretty well considering the handicap. Been lurking the forum the past few weeks.

My team looks like this right now:

Turpin
    JFH, Fainu,
    Hopgood
    Hynes, Oloapu
    Billy Smith, Manu
    Bula, ponga, Drinky

Harris, tatola, te whare, hands, Robson, timoko, lemuelu, jdb, Moses, Okunbor

I'm planning on trading Moses to IPap and Okunbor to a mid. At this point leaning toward Matto or maybe another MID. Then I'll be all set up for 16, 17, 19 and 20.
    Was looking at other MID options - is there any reason people aren't talking about Josh King? He seems pretty consistent in minutes and scoring this year.

Edit: just noticed someone mentioned him at the top of this page. 😅

Welcome

I've always personally seen Jing as a step below the top tier MID guns. I put him in the same basket as Jurbo. Not a "bad" pick, but also not overly inspiring. If you see him as a keeper you could do worse, but I don't so won't be trading him in.
    precursor
    precursor

Post by precursor Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:28 pm

Bethany_B wrote:What do we think of Nat Butcher as an option? He's been pretty consistent this year, that dual position is very valuable and can score very well at either edge or middle (named at prop this week)

695k is a bit pricey for a 17th/18th man but I figure it's him, Sorensen or Olakau'atu and he's probably the safest of the three, averaging a ridiculous 48 tackles per game this year.

Not a terrible option at all. I'd grab him but I have no one i want to trade out for him.

Edit: would prefer over Nasty NAS if you were to treat whoever you trade in as a season keeper (funds permitting). DPP, more steady scoring.

Last edited by precursor on Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:29 pm

precursor wrote:

Not a terrible option at all. I'd grab him but I have no one i want to trade out for him.

I have Ford to sell and plenty of money, so Butcher it is I think.
    precursor
    precursor

Post by precursor Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:34 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I have Ford to sell and plenty of money, so Butcher it is I think.

Ah fair call. I went Ford > Cogger last round. If you think Butcher will score well at prop until he returns to the edge I think it's a safe trade.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:36 pm

Looks like I will be playing 12 this week, as my outs are Boyd, Tedesco, Johnson, Haas, HTF, Harris, de Belin, Lemuelu and Horsburgh who I consider all keepers.

I have Nikorima as a trade out option this week. Looking at Matterson (but starting Five Eight? No idea what to think there.), D. Edwards, H. Edwards, J. Preston, S. Drinkwater the only guys making me interested in them. Preston the most safe and looking like a keeper even though I traded him out. Would love to get Simpkin but hard to justify not getting someone playing this week and I already have Turpin. Turpin to Simpkin is just too much of an unnecessary trade.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:36 pm

precursor wrote:

Ah fair call. I went Ford > Cogger last round. If you think Butcher will score well at prop until he returns to the edge I think it's a safe trade.

He's shown he'll make a ridiculous amount of tackles whether at MID or EDG, and he's the first choice right EDG at full strength so I'm willing to trust him.

There is always the chance that Robbo switches him and Sitili 1hr before kickoff, Sitili played middle last week and Butcher played edge.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:42 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

I'll be holding Tapine.
    As you say, he's a warm body who should average 50 (ish) and could go large with Horse on Origin duty.
    That said, as a registered trade-a-holic I just don't have the luxury of trading out healthy players who have no chance of an Origin call-up.

Horse isn't playing Origin.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:45 pm

Talau benched makes the decision easy. Though he'll probably score 17 in 20 mins or some crap.

Talau to Manu gives me 10. 6 trades left and 225k.

Will think about Tatola or Te Whare to Hands if Hodgo's missing a few. Tempted by Garlick as a Grant owner. Probably gets the bench spot Rd 17 to spell Grant if he's not outright rested, but can't be sure.

For people needing an EDG Rd 17 and a cashout option for Oloapu, I've pencilled in Klees Haas if starting again. Otherwise Lemu or Bird can shift up.
    precursor
    precursor

Post by precursor Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:47 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

He's shown he'll make a ridiculous amount of tackles whether at MID or EDG, and he's the first choice right EDG at full strength so I'm willing to trust him.

There is always the chance that Robbo switches him and Sitili 1hr before kickoff, Sitili played middle last week and Butcher played edge.

Sounds like you've made your mind up mate, I back the trade. Round 17 looking dicey for me and presumably many as I've got 6 red dots and only 112k to play with (all you Cleary traders are lucky). Edwards and Talau i'll trade for green dots but the 830k odd Ill have for 2 players doesnt fill me with much confidence.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:49 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Talau benched makes the decision easy. Though he'll probably score 17 in 20 mins or some crap.

Will think about Tatola or Te Whare to Hands if Hodgo's missing a few. Tempted by Garlick as a Grant owner. Probably gets the bench spot Rd 17 to spell Grant if he's not outright rested, but can't be sure.

For people needing an EDG Rd 17 and a cashout option for Oloapu, I've pencilled in Klees Haas if starting again. Otherwise Lemu or Bird can shift up.

I would advise holding Oloapu through his bye if possible (I'm forgoing Simpkin to allow myself to do this), but I have Klese Haas pencilled in for a buy next week, as long as he's starting.

The important thing is that in round 14, he finally pushed Stimson off the right edge, forcing him initially to the bench but then to left edge when Fifita got benched. Stimson then played left edge the following week, with Klese Haas keeping the right side spot. This leads me to believe that Haas has taken that spot for the rest of the year (he'll obviously lose it to Fermor next year), and at 298k, he'll do nicely as my 19th man.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:52 pm

precursor wrote:

Sounds like you've made your mind up mate, I back the trade. Round 17 looking dicey for me and presumably many as I've got 6 red dots and only 112k to play with (all you Cleary traders are lucky). Edwards and Talau i'll trade for green dots but the 830k odd Ill have for 2 players doesnt fill me with much confidence.  

Yup all but locked it in now, and that dual is extremely valuable.

I will have four guys on the bye next week (Hynes, Bateman, Bula, Oloapu) plus HEdwards who I plan to sell (Him and Billy Smith to Munster and Klese Haas).

I should hopefully be fine with Origin backups, as I only have three to worry about (Payne Haas, Fifita, Walsh), as well as Munster who I would simply not buy if he doesn't back up (DCE is my plan B)
    precursor
    precursor

Post by precursor Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:55 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Talau benched makes the decision easy. Though he'll probably score 17 in 20 mins or some crap.

wow didnt even realise he's benched. think i skipped over the tigers team list so i can forget he's in my team. Talau > any MID 348k and under is tempting for a points grab. Feels like im just trading one dead spot for another though.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:55 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I would advise holding Oloapu through his bye if possible (I'm forgoing Simpkin to allow myself to do this), but I have Klese Haas pencilled in for a buy next week, as long as he's starting.

The important thing is that in round 14, he finally pushed Stimson off the right edge, forcing him initially to the bench but then to left edge when Fifita got benched. Stimson then played left edge the following week, with Klese Haas keeping the right side spot. This leads me to believe that Haas has taken that spot for the rest of the year (he'll obviously lose it to Fermor next year), and at 298k, he'll do nicely as my 19th man.

Yeah I might be forced to hold Oloapu and play 16 at best if he smashes it again this week. I kinda need the Oloapu cash to upgrade Hedwards to PHaas/Yeo though. Was expecting 100k+ from Hynes to Moses, but that's off the table. Probably need to trade Tatola instead of Te Whare this week to make that happen now.

KHaas defo looks a go'er.. but Holbrook has shown that he's happy to fuck with our fantasy teams Laughing
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:00 pm

Ok... opinions please. After trading Ford to Hynes have 330k in the bank. 11 for Rnd 16 (missing hooker and centre), 5 players on R16 bye, 9 for R19 (missing hooker, centre, 2 WFBs). Cursing Tino for murdering Api with Cook and Robson caught in the crossfire.

Two choices, both of which will leave me with 12 this week

Option 1.

Tatola to Simpkin. Oloapu to Payne Haas next week.

Pros: moneymaking from Simpkin, gets closer to final 21 by bringing back Haas early. Will leave a bit of bank to help other final upgrades.

Cons: Playing at least one short.in R17. Gamble on Haas continuing to get big minutes during Origin. Don't really need a cow (team value 14.4m already), no centre cover at all and low on back cover generally. Already carrying several Origin players

Option 2

Tatola to Simonsson. Oloapu to Boyd next week.

Pros: More scores thanks to theoretically full team in R17 and 11 instead of 10 for R19. Boyd should score better than Simpkin in R19. DPP of both ins could be useful.

Cons: Will need to get Haas at some point. Boyd not a keeper. Exhausts most of bank. Leaves MID cover low. Already have two hookers, just that they don't play the byes now.

(Just writing it down it seems like option two makes more sense despite looking less sexy. Squad before this trade in case there are other suggestions)

Cook
    Hopgood Horse JDB
    Difita iPap
    Hynes DCE
    Manu Lemu
    Ted Drinky Bula

Robson Preston Sorenson SJ
    Ponga Oloapu Makatoa (Ford)

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:14 pm

mattnz wrote:

Horse isn't playing Origin.

I reckon Horse will play Origin 3 if there's another injury *or* if QLD win and have already wrapped up the series. Am an owner, so hope he doesn't, but there's a much better than even chance of at least one of those things happening
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:14 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

I reckon Horse will play Origin 3 if there's another injury *or* if QLD win and have already wrapped up the series. Am an owner, so hope he doesn't, but there's a much better than even chance of at least one of those things happening

If qld win and they can select the same team that wins in Game 2, then it would suck for one of them to miss out on game 3. Maybe Nanai or MoFo would make way for a Horse blooding.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:09 am

Who do people think is the bigger sell Moses or Robson?

Need to likely sell one to get a second mid for this round.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:04 am