NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:05 am

RandomSil wrote:

Look I support local as much as the next guy (Shout out to my local butcher and chip shop) but I'll be damned if I support my local baker. Dude seems like a prick
    lol!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:08 am

The best pies ever were from a fish and chip shop in Gladesville called "Pom's Kitchen"

Unfortunately they closed down about 20 years ago, and I've been living with substitutes ever since.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:13 am

This is either going to go down really poorly or be super relatable depending on where you live in Sydney 🤣

I do love a good pie but tbh we don't have any amazing places nearby.

What we do have though is places that do an amazingBanh Mi. Different types of Vietnamese Mayo. One puts avocado in them haha. Another one has crispy fried chicken. Obviously the different types of pork too.

It's probably my most common option if I eat out!

Anyone got a favourite Banh Mi place?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:15 am

Dttragic2016 wrote:This is either going to go down really poorly or be super relatable depending on where you live in Sydney 🤣

What we do have though is places that do an amazingBanh Mi. Different types of Vietnamese Mayo. One puts avocado in them haha. Another one has crispy fried chicken. Obviously the different types of pork too.

This is what I've found whenever I'm in Sydney for work. Hard to get a decent quality pie at any price point

Semi related went out for Vietnamese last night and it was terrible. The missus ordered a stir fry and ended up being served coles bbq chicken, frozen veg and sauce from a packet
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:21 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:
    Dttragic2016 wrote:This is either going to go down really poorly or be super relatable depending on where you live in Sydney 🤣

This is what I've found whenever I'm in Sydney for work. Hard to get a decent quality pie at any price point

Semi related went out for Vietnamese last night and it was terrible. The missus ordered a stir fry and ended up being served coles bbq chicken, frozen veg and sauce from a packet

That's what we call fine dining in my household sir, how dare you!
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:43 am

Is it Friday?
    Shitposting already?
    Or just a slow news day?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:45 am

5 game weekend thre'll be shit posts a plenty
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:47 am

Now I'm hungry... thanks lads

Just googling "pie shop near me"
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:49 am

I prefer a sausage roll with room temperature tomato sauce over a pie. Never seen a store keep those little sauce satchets in the fridge next to the coke.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:51 am

I've not had a Banh Mi from there, but the Vietnamese Bakery on Cox's Rd North Ryde does the best cheese and bacon roll I've ever had.

There's a place in Top Ryde that has massive queues for their Banh Mi but I've not ever tried it.

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:58 am

ShadowSabre wrote:

Really interesting take as to the point I was trying to make. Seems tone like usual is hard to portray in written form.

I was merely saying the non-stop I made better decisions than you back and forward wasnt all that useful, not that I just want people to post advice. You cant really think that the slagging off of peoples decisions is constructive conversation can you?

My favourite posts on here are the totally fantasy irrelevant convos/spirals that go on, and there is some seriously hilarious banter that goes on here too. But yea, might just stop posting here, no skin off my nose

I think the point you were trying to make was fine mate.

As far as the general 'pile ons' go the original back and forth there last night re good/bad trades was pretty civil, I thought. At the end of the day I couldn't care less who someone does and doesnt trade (its a silly game!!), but there is always going to be some clap back if people if they are to crow about their good decisions and ignore bad ones. It is all very meaningless stuff, as you take some time out from real life to dribble shit on here. Sometimes you look back and realise a few posts should probably have been left unsent, but that is the nature of the forum.

Looking forward to the Sydney meet up to dribble some shit IRL and put faces to names.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:09 am

Chewie wrote:Now I'm hungry... thanks lads

Just googling "pie shop near me"

Not sure how far it is for you but Ken's humble pie shop is the best between Sydney and Newcastle IMO
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:09 am

Hey lads, did looping work in Rd13.

Have oloapu spare and was wondering if I would run into any issues looping him and Ponga.

Maybe not the best idea though seeming I forgot my loop last week costing me 36 points.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:18 am

RandomSil wrote:

You're an actual rat, they're are enough preservatives in those things they could be left out in the elements for 6 years and still be fine slapping that sauce down on a meat pie. When you go into a bakery and grab a sauce off the bench for 50c do you pause and go "well this belongs in the fridge." Nah you take your squeeze sauce chuck.it on a pie and are grateful when you have a nice hot pie to eat. Heaven forbid you have a cold pie, and if you did you'd walk right back into Brumbies to get that fixed, or you'd tuck your tail between your legs and go home and microwave it to have the most unsatisfying meal of your life. So why would you want cold sauce to mess up your hot food.

I bet you eat it with your hands too, spilling greasy mince down the front of your shirt and searing off your tastebuds because you didn’t have some nice cool sauce to regulate the temperature?
    You irredeemable savage!!!
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:26 am

You can't beat Kings at Hurstville.....
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:28 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Ken's humble pie shop here at The Entrance is very gud, u must have tried that a few times I'm sure
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:37 am

The Goat Boys wrote:Hey lads, did looping work in Rd13.

Have oloapu spare and was wondering if I would run into any issues looping him and Ponga.

Maybe not the best idea though seeming I forgot my loop last week costing me 36 points.

Yeah believe it was fine
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:52 am

The local bakery near me in Ashgrove, Brisbane does what can only be described as Australia's worst sausage roll (by quite some margin as well).
    It has to be tried to be believed, greasy limp pastry encasing what looks like an over processed sausage, yes actual sausage shape as well, all of which seems to have been made using some sort of rancid butter/oil which give it a slightly fishy aroma and leaves the inside of your mouth needing a coke gargle to try and degrease it.

Due to a miscommunication Mrs Aardvark accidently picked up some sausage rolls for a kids birthday from there earlier in the year (failing to remember she had purchased Australia's worst custard slice from there a decade earlier). The birthday girl had a bite and spat it straight out so Mrs A was fuming 'They can't be that bad'. I had a bite and headed straight out to buy some more from an alternative location without saying anything. She later conceded that it was indeed the worst baked good she had ever tasted.

I won't name it, but it's next to Billy's Meats and has inexplicably gathered some great reviews. Even their bread rolls are shit.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:54 am

Aardvark wrote:The local bakery near me in Ashgrove, Brisbane does what can only be described as Australia's worst sausage roll (by quite some margin as well).
    It has to be tried to be believed, greasy limp pastry encasing what looks like an over processed sausage, yes actual sausage shape as well, all of which seems to have been made using some sort of rancid butter/oil which give it a slightly fishy aroma and leaves the inside of your mouth needing a coke gargle to try and degrease it.

Due to a miscommunication Mrs Aardvark accidently picked up some sausage rolls for a kids birthday from there earlier in the year (failing to remember she had purchased Australia's worst custard slice from there a decade earlier). The birthday girl had a bite and spat it straight out so Mrs A was fuming 'They can't be that bad'. I had a bite and headed straight out to buy some more from an alternative location without saying anything. She later conceded that it was indeed the worst baked good she had ever tasted.

I won't name it, but it's next to Billy's Meats and has inexplicably gathered some great reviews. Even their bread rolls are shit.

I was going to mention Pie Town at west end but I just jumped on IG and they've posted that they're having to close down Sad
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:56 am

ytsb wrote:Tomato and BBQ sauce belong in the fridge and no one can tell me otherwise.

If you were a cannibal would you be an exogenous cannibal (eat people from other tribes?) or an endogenous cannibal (eat people from within your own tribe?)

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:11 am