NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 35 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:00 am

How long has Ken's Humble pie shop been around?

I ate from that shop about 10-12 years ago when it was a fish and chips place, and it was pretty shit, and haven't been back.
    Might have to give Ken's a go next time I'm up that way

ytsb
    ytsb

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 35 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by ytsb Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:02 am

RandomSil wrote:

You're an actual rat, they're are enough preservatives in those things they could be left out in the elements for 6 years and still be fine slapping that sauce down on a meat pie. When you go into a bakery and grab a sauce off the bench for 50c do you pause and go "well this belongs in the fridge." Nah you take your squeeze sauce chuck.it on a pie and are grateful when you have a nice hot pie to eat. Heaven forbid you have a cold pie, and if you did you'd walk right back into Brumbies to get that fixed, or you'd tuck your tail between your legs and go home and microwave it to have the most unsatisfying meal of your life. So why would you want cold sauce to mess up your hot food.

The foremost concern when storing any perishable food item is preventing the growth of harmful bacteria. Tomato and BBQ sauces often contain natural acids and moisture, which create an ideal environment for bacterial growth at room temperature. Refrigerating these sauces slows down bacterial multiplication and significantly extends their shelf life. By refrigerating tomato and BBQ sauce, you prioritize the safety of yourself and your loved ones, reducing the risk of foodborne illnesses. Consider all the left over gunk at the top of the sauce bottle that insects can eat, and bacteria can grow on, you disgusting pile of filth.

Tomato and BBQ sauces are rich in flavour compounds that can be easily affected by temperature, light, and air exposure. The cupboard environment can subject these sauces to heat and fluctuating temperatures, leading to accelerated flavour degradation. The refrigerator, on the other hand, provides a controlled, cool environment that helps preserve the freshness, aroma, and taste of these sauces over a longer period. By refrigerating them, you ensure that each time you use the sauce, it maintains its intended flavour profile. I could hark on and on about oxidation from a chemistry perspective, but your feeble mind couldn't handle it, you massive idiot.

The cupboard exposes tomato and BBQ sauces to varying degrees of heat, humidity, and light, factors that can accelerate spoilage. Higher temperatures and humidity can contribute to mold growth and yeast fermentation, rendering the sauce unfit for consumption. Refrigeration significantly slows down the deterioration process, allowing you to enjoy these sauces for an extended period. By keeping them in the fridge, you minimize the risk of spoilage and maximize their shelf life. You should have been stored in the fridge because it's clear you're rotten to the core.

Finally, refrigerating tomato and BBQ sauce offers added versatility and convenience in meal preparation. Cold sauces provide a refreshing contrast when added to warm dishes, making them a great accompaniment to grilled meats, burgers, sandwiches, ect. The ability to conveniently incorporate chilled sauce into various recipes enhances the culinary experience. The dichotomy of cold to hot is a pleasant experience, unlike interacting with you on this forum.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:03 am

my tv broke wrote:

I was going to mention Pie Town at west end but I just jumped on IG and they've posted that they're having to close down Sad

That's a shame, good pies (If anything they had too many to choose from Very Happy )
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:05 am

There's a few exceptionally good pie shops in my region. The best 2 (lots of national awards) are a bit out of town so I always aim to make sure any meetings I have in those areas are scheduled around lunchtime.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:05 am

ytsb wrote:

The foremost concern when storing any perishable food item is preventing the growth of harmful bacteria. Tomato and BBQ sauces often contain natural acids and moisture, which create an ideal environment for bacterial growth at room temperature. Refrigerating these sauces slows down bacterial multiplication and significantly extends their shelf life. By refrigerating tomato and BBQ sauce, you prioritize the safety of yourself and your loved ones, reducing the risk of foodborne illnesses. Consider all the left over gunk at the top of the sauce bottle that insects can eat, and bacteria can grow on, you disgusting pile of filth.

Tomato and BBQ sauces are rich in flavour compounds that can be easily affected by temperature, light, and air exposure. The cupboard environment can subject these sauces to heat and fluctuating temperatures, leading to accelerated flavour degradation. The refrigerator, on the other hand, provides a controlled, cool environment that helps preserve the freshness, aroma, and taste of these sauces over a longer period. By refrigerating them, you ensure that each time you use the sauce, it maintains its intended flavour profile. I could hark on and on about oxidation from a chemistry perspective, but your feeble mind couldn't handle it, you massive idiot.

The cupboard exposes tomato and BBQ sauces to varying degrees of heat, humidity, and light, factors that can accelerate spoilage. Higher temperatures and humidity can contribute to mold growth and yeast fermentation, rendering the sauce unfit for consumption. Refrigeration significantly slows down the deterioration process, allowing you to enjoy these sauces for an extended period. By keeping them in the fridge, you minimize the risk of spoilage and maximize their shelf life. You should have been stored in the fridge because it's clear you're rotten to the core.

Finally, refrigerating tomato and BBQ sauce offers added versatility and convenience in meal preparation. Cold sauces provide a refreshing contrast when added to warm dishes, making them a great accompaniment to grilled meats, burgers, sandwiches, ect. The ability to conveniently incorporate chilled sauce into various recipes enhances the culinary experience. The dichotomy of cold to hot is a pleasant experience, unlike interacting with you on this forum.

Nice touch! study
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:06 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

If you were a cannibal would you be an exogenous cannibal (eat people from other tribes?) or an endogenous cannibal (eat people from within your own tribe?)

I would eat people from other tribes for sure. You?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:06 am

Sauce in fridge, always, but I think if you live in QLD, that's really the only option
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:08 am

my tv broke wrote:Sauce in fridge, always, but I think if you live in QLD, that's really the only option

Full disclosure my family has always stored sauce in the cupboard (Sydney), but since I've moved from Sydney to Townsville and now Brisbane I cannot stomach the thought of keeping sauce in the cupboard
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:15 am

SoylentGreen wrote:There's a few exceptionally good pie shops in my region. The best 2 (lots of national awards) are a bit out of town so I always aim to make sure any meetings I have in those areas are scheduled around lunchtime.

Care to share mate? DM if you want to keep on the low down.
    Pain
    Pain

Post by Pain Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:16 am

I feel like I'm a sauce in the cupboard kind of guy but in reality they're in the fridge
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:17 am

Fridge:
    Tomato
    BBQ
    Mustard
    Soy
    Oyster
    Hoisin
    Sweet Chilli
    Sriracha

Cupboard:
    Worcestershire
    Fish Sauce
    Tabasco
    Mexican Chilli Sauces (Cholula, Valentina)
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:17 am

ytsb wrote:

Lol what a post.

Until I stumbled upon this forum I can't remember experiencing any debates about cupboard or fridge storage in my life. And that's because it just goes without saying that it goes in the fridge
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:18 am

I also like sausage rolls

Love getting home, getting the T sauce out of the fridge and dabbling a bit on the roll, then placing the sauce back in the fridge ready for the next use
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:18 am

ytsb wrote:

I would eat people from other tribes for sure. You?

I am not sure I would want to eat anyone - let alone something like a Butters Chikin

Maybe someone within the tribe - but do it ceremonially and respectfully - something like a Rabbits21 stew. We could all thank him for the sustenance and offer some to the fantasy gods for good luck for the rest of the season

The real question is

1/ would you gobble him down in one hit - so as not to waste him

2/ ferment him for the future to savour the sacrifice for longer

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pain
    Pain

Post by Pain Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:19 am

Fridge:
    Tomato
    BBQ
    Mustard

Cupboard:
    Worcestershire
    Fish Sauce
    Tabasco
    Mexican Chilli Sauces (Cholula, Valentina)
    Soy
    Oyster
    Hoisin
    Sweet Chilli
    Sriracha
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:20 am

ytsb wrote:

Full disclosure my family has always stored sauce in the cupboard (Sydney), but since I've moved from Sydney to Townsville and now Brisbane I cannot stomach the thought of keeping sauce in the cupboard

Just another reason to not live in Qld. Or Sydney for that matter.

There are three types of pie shops in Canberra. Vietnamese bakery pies that have sweet and bready pastry. Universally all shit.

Pretentious pies with pretentious filling, goat cheese curd with roast mushroom and leeek. Probably $12.

Or, dobinson pies. Buttery, flakey pastry with average fillings.

Still trying to find a decent Bahn mi in Canberra.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:23 am

I think I subconsciously use a Vinegar/Sugar ratio to determine fridge vs cupboard. Fish sauce is the exception - always must be cupboard as it crystalises in the fridge.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:28 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:Just to lighten the mood, from memory it was our beloved MS that bought in the wrong Nikorima back in the day?  @multiple.scoregasms

Nah started with the Roosters duo of Nikorima and Hastings that season. Neither turned out particularly good

Ahhh bugger, I think someone on Legends did then from memory.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:29 am

standard-issue wrote:Just to lighten the mood, from memory it was our beloved MS that bought in the wrong Nikorima back in the day?  @multiple.scoregasms

Just reading through the forum today and I guess I should man up and admit that I posted about getting the wrong Nikorima.
    Shame on me. Embarassed
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:31 am

Glad the conversation has got good now
    My favourite is a steak and cheese from mokau (halfway between New Plymouth and te kuiti) in New Zealand
    Always worth a stop on the way north, also the best white bait fritters too

In regards to the other conversation I wasn’t actually having a go at anyone and I am sure the other person realised that too which is why it wasn’t taken that way
    Maybe it was lost in tone for others reading but it was only a comment about forcing cheap pod players for the sake when it has been the opposite which has helped them
    I had hoped the real comparison might have been insightful for people but I guess not.

I have moved on and it looks like we have all too
    Seems anything I say that doesn’t involve food or alcohol is misconstrued these days haha

So will stick to what the audience wants, and go make a coffee

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:34 am