NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by WT Winfield Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:25 am

I thought about VTW to Turnip, leaving 5 trades, but not sure it's enough to cash him out Rd 19. Doesn't leave much room to deal with other carnage. 3 weeks of 40s makes 100k, so kinda tempting.. would need 50s to make 150k, but only scores in tackles and not sure that will continue.

Cook's a final 17 keeper, so wasn't sure why people were trading him especially with Robson at 14, but playing 2 of the next 5 is kinda rough. I figure get those 2 and make a decision later. Can cover him Rd 19 with Simpkin, Hands, Boyd depending on my poison and probably Rd 20 with 3 on the bye.
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by lukeayee Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:32 am

Shady2K wrote:Which one of Fifita / Cook / Robson would you trade out for Turpin?

Fifita pockets the most cash and will likely be brought back in at a plummeting price. The others will likely not be brought back in if traded out

This post makes me sick
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:36 am

SoylentGreen wrote:Getting very short on trades and painted myself into a Rd17 corner. Still want Simpkin though, and want K Haas next week.

Thinking of Simpkin in for Cleary this week, Kleese in for Burbo (unless Burbo is back) next week, which will leave me with 4 trades and 920k ITB to work with until the trade top-up.

Rd 16 (11 scorers)

Simpkin,
    Hopgood, -, -,
    Bateman, Luki
    Hynes(C), Ponga/Oloapu loop
    Ramien, Manu
    Drinkwater, To'a, Bula

Rd 17 (14 scorers)

Woolford
    Haas, Carrigan, Horse
    Hopgood, Luki
    SJ, Boyd
    Manu, -,
    Drinkwater, Ponga, -,

Harris, Stone, Kleese, -,

Best Team (ignoring byes) - Players in Red to upgrade pre rd20, in Orange post rd20

Boyd,
    Haas, Harris, Horse
    Bateman, Hopgood
    Hynes, SJ
    Manu, To'a
    Drinkwater, Bula, Ponga

Carrigan, Luki, Stone, KHaas
    Simpkin, Oloapu, Woolford, Ramien

I think you need to consider if it is really worth getting Simpkin when you are only going to play him in 2 of the next 4 rounds? (bye next week and then you have Boyd as your rd19 hooker with SJ+Hynes in halves). And then you want to upgrade him after those 4 rounds anyway.

I have Boyd, SJ, Hynes too so I'm just going to pass on Simpkin. Would be nice for this week alone but don't think it's the right long term move.

Imo instead you're probably better off getting the likes of Matto for Cleary or if you don't like Matto then just looking ahead to getting in a rd19 player next week for him.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:42 am

lukeayee wrote:

This post makes me sick

Thoughts on Starling as a POD instead
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:43 am

Shady2K wrote:

Thoughts on Starling as a POD instead

Only if you are trading out Hynes/Cleary/Haas for him
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:46 am

BCT05 wrote:

I think you need to consider if it is really worth getting Simpkin when you are only going to play him in 2 of the next 4 rounds? (bye next week and then you have Boyd as your rd19 hooker with SJ+Hynes in halves). And then you want to upgrade him after those 4 rounds anyway.

I have Boyd, SJ, Hynes too so I'm just going to pass on Simpkin. Would be nice for this week alone but don't think it's the right long term move.

Imo instead you're probably better off getting the likes of Matto for Cleary or if you don't like Matto then just looking ahead to getting in a rd19 player next week for him.
    I’m trying to think of Simpkin as purely a cash out who is playable in some games. Most importantly this week, the only other option I can see is Turpin and I don’t feel like he’s worth 200k more
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:48 am

BCT05 wrote:

Yeah - thinking now I might just get Turpin (as much as he's "not fun") - he probably makes as much as Simpkin over the next month and I'd be looking at trading either of them to Grant post-origin anyway.
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:50 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    I’m trying to think of Simpkin as purely a cash out who is playable in some games. Most importantly this week, the only other option I can see is Turpin and I don’t feel like he’s worth 200k more

For me, it comes down to Turpin being available next week and Simpkin not, which IMO makes the 200k worth it as I have 6 out next week to deal with so can't add a 7th.

If you don't have concerns over round 17 numbers, then yes Simpkin is a no brainer.

So in short:

- Turpin if you already have too many Sharks/Bulldogs/Tigers

- Simpkin if don't have too many RD 17 outs and want that extra cash
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:54 am

Has there been any update on Hodgson yet? Hands a possible alternative to Simpkin/Turpin?
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:56 am

I will admit it...

I will write out lines so I remember not to do it next year

I am a dirty rotten trade waster and it is going to make things over the next 12 rounds quite difficult
    I am a dirty rotten trade waster and it is going to make things over the next 12 rounds quite difficult
    I am a dirty rotten trade waster and it is going to make things over the next 12 rounds quite difficult.....
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:56 am

ShadowSabre wrote:

For me, it comes down to Turpin being available next week and Simpkin not, which IMO makes the 200k worth it as I have 6 out next week to deal with so can't add a 7th.

If you don't have concerns over round 17 numbers, then yes Simpkin is a no brainer.

So in short:

- Turpin if you already have too many Sharks/Bulldogs/Tigers

- Simpkin if don't have too many RD 17 outs and want that extra cash
    Yeah Simpkin in gives me 5. 

Simpkin, Bula, Preston, Oloapu and Hynes. Will also have Teddy and Carrigan so hope nothing goes wrong there.

Plan would be to upgrade Preston next week to a MID/EDG, original plan was Fotuaika but he went and got selected for origin didn’t he
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:56 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Has there been any update on Hodgson yet? Hands a possible alternative to Simpkin/Turpin?

Hodgson due back next week
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:57 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Has there been any update on Hodgson yet? Hands a possible alternative to Simpkin/Turpin?

Scores just don't look as enticing and there isnt enough concrete evidence of time in the role
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:57 am

What are people expecting from KHaas?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:58 am

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:What are people expecting from KHaas?
    Stimson is his competition lol
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:59 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Yeah Simpkin in gives me 5. 

Simpkin, Bula, Preston, Oloapu and Hynes. Will also have Teddy and Carrigan so hope nothing goes wrong there.

Plan would be to upgrade Preston next week to a MID/EDG, original plan was Fotuaika but he went and got selected for origin didn’t he

For me it's Hynes, Preston, HEdwards, Oloapu, Bateman, Bula with Teddy, Fifita, Cook, Carrigan, Robson hopfully to back up. So adding another issue isn't feasible for me.

Likely HEdwards goes after this week, but still not looking flash even with that
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:00 am

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:What are people expecting from KHaas?

Free form jazz trumpet with a side of interpretive dance
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:01 am

I think if the status quo of Oloapu playing 50 minutes at 5/8 and then 30 minutes as a ball-playing lock continues then he could turn into a keeper from this point on.

I was toying with the idea of bringing in a base price Simpkin this week and trading out Olopau next week so I could field 17 (I have Bula, Bateman, and Hynes as well) but I am starting to feel unsure about his strategy
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:03 am

ShadowSabre wrote:

For me it's Hynes, Preston, HEdwards, Oloapu, Bateman, Bula with Teddy, Fifita, Cook, Carrigan, Robson hopfully to back up. So adding another issue isn't feasible for me.

Likely HEdwards goes after this week, but still not looking flash even with that
    Oh wow yeah Simpkin would just be adding to a dicey week for you next week. I mean just reading it made me stressed 🤣

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:04 am

Aardvark wrote:

Free form jazz trumpet with a side of interpretive dance

This is not helpful for my fantasy scoring

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:50 am