NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:13 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

robson for NAS?

gives you another number for 16 and 17, you have hooker cover for rd 19 already
    Hey mate think I might play conservatively keep that trade spare for moves I wanna make post origin, after those 2 trades I have 6 which I’m content with. I should be able to field 13 in round 19 as well quite easily touch wood.

Obviously on the run home Grant, Fifita, Cleary, Murray are guys I’ll want etc……..

I’m not as big on NAS feels a bit trappy unless you have the trades to trade him back out in 3-4 weeks.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by Moanaman Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:21 am

ytsb wrote:Tomato and BBQ sauce belong in the fridge and no one can tell me otherwise.

Heretic! Burn them at the stake!
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:01 am

Rabbits21 wrote:Moses to Hynes
    Tatola to Matto

Gives me

Turpin
    Hopgood Matto
    Bateman Preston
    Hynes Oloapu
    Penisini
    Ponga Manu Bula

Haas, SJ, Horse, JDB, Lemu, Robson, Boyd, Teddy, Liddle, AJ

Thoughts?

I have 5 out round 17 too like most Hynes, Bula, Bateman, Preston, Oloapu.

Team after this in proper format looks like….

Robson
    Horse Haas JDB
    Bateman Preston
    Hynes SJ
    Penisini Lemu
    Teddy Ponga Manu

Boyd Matterson Hopgood Turpin
    Liddle Bula Oloapu AJ

Looking strong.

Think Bula is in your best 17 over one of the centres the way he's been going.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:23 am

Watch us all sell Bula next week after he scored a 22 and his price rises halt
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:25 am

Gunna have the following next week and planning on running with 16:

Bateman
    iPap
    Bula
    Simpkin
    Oloapu
    Alamoti (trade)

If there's a week to play one short, it's going to be next week.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:36 am

Snatchpato wrote:Watch us all sell Bula next week after he scored a 22 and his price rises halt

Have been expecting one of those for weeks but he just keeps pumping the scores out
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:36 am

Snatchpato wrote:Gunna have the following next week and planning on running with 16:

Bateman
    iPap
    Bula
    Simpkin
    Oloapu
    Alamoti (trade)

If there's a week to play one short, it's going to be next week.

Not going to trade Oloapu as well? Seems the right time to move him on
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:40 am

ytsb wrote:Tomato and BBQ sauce belong in the fridge and no one can tell me otherwise.

You're an actual rat, they're are enough preservatives in those things they could be left out in the elements for 6 years and still be fine slapping that sauce down on a meat pie. When you go into a bakery and grab a sauce off the bench for 50c do you pause and go "well this belongs in the fridge." Nah you take your squeeze sauce chuck.it on a pie and are grateful when you have a nice hot pie to eat. Heaven forbid you have a cold pie, and if you did you'd walk right back into Brumbies to get that fixed, or you'd tuck your tail between your legs and go home and microwave it to have the most unsatisfying meal of your life. So why would you want cold sauce to mess up your hot food.
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:46 am

Oloapu and Edwards to double Haas next week might be the go I guess, assuming Payne backs up. The thought of not being able to afford to bring Cleary back in makes me a little uneasy though
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:58 am

mattnz wrote:

Interested to hear what you would have done differently with the byes. Lots that has happened was really difficult to plan for, with Origin injuries and selections.

Interestingly, one of the best things Booze did, which very few others did, was selling Miller early, even though he played both the first byes. If Ponga gets another HIA, or is selected for Origin, both very likely outcomes, holding Miller looks like the right play. Taking calculated risks, can work in your favour.

I sold Miller early too which turned out to be a blessing but was ballsy at the time and could have easily regretted it.

I spent too much energy in the early rounds playing like previous years without enough focus on this period as a whole. Usually I just let the byes arrive and deal with it at the time as there was only 3 rounds to worry about. So not only was I well short of players come RD13 with all the fires to put out, my next could of rounds went poorly too. Bounced back thankfully last week a bit, but trades are now dwindling as a result. You are right about this round being pretty hard to have planned for and yea like most I've been stuffed by the Blues selection merry-go-round

focusing only on RD13 and then when I realised I had to account for the rounds around it I stuffed myself and ended up actually being both short for RD 13 still and RD 14
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:00 am

I thought you were a good bloke until this
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:00 am

standard-issue wrote:Just to lighten the mood, from memory it was our beloved MS that bought in the wrong Nikorima back in the day?  @multiple.scoregasms

Nah started with the Roosters duo of Nikorima and Hastings that season. Neither turned out particularly good
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:04 am

Snatchpato wrote:Watch us all sell Bula next week after he scored a 22 and his price rises halt

Think he still has a bit of cash to make but I've actually been considering it to get numbers on the field for next week

Feels like less of a keeper than Hynes + Ipap and likely to make less cash than Oloapu

Probably not worth it though
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:06 am

Krump wrote:
    So what you’d like is is the guys at the top of the leaderboard and the guys who help the community to just post up their tips every week? My hot tip for you is if that’s what you want that then they may as well have their own little butters group and you’d never even know about it.
    I’d hate to speak for anyone but the people who’s opinions you so value are still here after years because of the community that’s been built. If you don’t like that then maybe you should start the shadowsabre 9 and just ignore the forum and dm those guys and gals for their opinion.

Ps. Fuck off and I’m glad I won’t have to read your leachy opinions anymore.

Really interesting take as to the point I was trying to make. Seems tone like usual is hard to portray in written form.

I was merely saying the non-stop I made better decisions than you back and forward wasnt all that useful, not that I just want people to post advice. You cant really think that the slagging off of peoples decisions is constructive conversation can you?

My favourite posts on here are the totally fantasy irrelevant convos/spirals that go on, and there is some seriously hilarious banter that goes on here too. But yea, might just stop posting here, no skin off my nose
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:10 am

RandomSil wrote:

You're an actual rat, they're are enough preservatives in those things they could be left out in the elements for 6 years and still be fine slapping that sauce down on a meat pie. When you go into a bakery and grab a sauce off the bench for 50c do you pause and go "well this belongs in the fridge." Nah you take your squeeze sauce chuck.it on a pie and are grateful when you have a nice hot pie to eat. Heaven forbid you have a cold pie, and if you did you'd walk right back into Brumbies to get that fixed, or you'd tuck your tail between your legs and go home and microwave it to have the most unsatisfying meal of your life. So why would you want cold sauce to mess up your hot food.

The worst part of this post is you buying pies from Brumbies when there would be a perfectly cromulent local bakery nearby
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:23 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

The worst part of this post is you buying pies from Brumbies when there would be a perfectly cromulent local bakery nearby

Can't believe he doesn't embiggen his local businesses.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:26 am

Speaking of pies the greatest one I've ever had was from a Queenstown bakery (maybe THE Queenstown Bakery). And no, not that overhyped chain of stores that I can't remember the name of, just this standard pie store in the middle of a random street.

The pie was literally a 15/10.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:27 am

Well that was some morning read

Post by Guest Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:44 am

Does Brandys role as NSW advisor come about cause Fittler is contracted to the Nine Network and seldom , if never, speaks on fox ?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:02 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Can't believe he doesn't embiggen his local businesses.

Look I support local as much as the next guy (Shout out to my local butcher and chip shop) but I'll be damned if I support my local baker. Dude seems like a prick

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:57 am