NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Shady2K
    Shady2K

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by Shady2K Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:09 pm

my tv broke wrote:What are Cook owners doing?

Nice score last week but it just occurred he'll miss 3 of the next 5 (if picked for game 3) so hes actually a good candidate to go this week as per original plan.

Maybe flick him and hold Carty a bit longer is the move

Edit lol actually as my only hooker that presents a problem

I’m contemplating Cook to Turpin for the cash grab. Idk. What if he has a stinker and gets dropped for game 3

Can use the cash to go HEdwards next week to any gun I want. Probably Grant
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by WT Winfield Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:11 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Has there been any update on Hodgson yet? Hands a possible alternative to Simpkin/Turpin?

Awaiting scan results from their injury update yesterday afternoon. I'll probably go for Hands if Hodgo's out 5+, otherwise just play 10 and save trades for next week's carnage and whatever else comes up.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:12 pm

If you didn’t own hopgood going into this week, would you consider him as a no brainer given his huge ownership with the top ranks?

Or too much risk and you may have missed the boat with lane, matto and ofa all back.

Last edited by Welsh Mafia on Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:13 pm

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:

WFB/CTR seems to be my weakness for r19, and by this point I only want to be trading in keepers. At this stage all I have are Lemmy and Bula; Teddy, Latrell, Turbo, Edwards, Ponga, Walsh, HTF all likely unavailable and potentially not backing up the week after.

Bird might be a big in if he is back? Is CNK a final team guy? Gutho? It's pretty gross

R19 WFB is the R16 MID of the R19 major bye

Probably will only run Bula unless the Warriors CTR rookie keeps his spot and use him as a WFB cashout

Bird is on my high priority list for next week if available as Billy Smith sucks. Also only have Horse of the R20 bye players because I’m an idiot and don’t have JDB
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:13 pm

Shady2K wrote:

I’m contemplating Cook to Turpin for the cash grab. Idk. What if he has a stinker and gets dropped for game 3

Would the team for NSW just be the same for Origin 3?

If they win then they get rewarded with holding their spots, if they lose then that’s the series gone and what’s the point in making changes for a dead rubber?
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:14 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Would the team for NSW just be the same for Origin 3?

If they win then they get rewarded with holding their spots, if they lose then that’s the series gone and what’s the point in making changes for a dead rubber?

Dead rubber gives an opportunity to gives blokes a debut with no pressure I guess?

But Cook probably plays
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:15 pm

Nice score last week but it just occurred he'll miss 3 of the next 5 (if picked for game 3) so hes actually a good candidate to go this week as per original plan.

Two of those 3 are no bench byes (NBB) though, which makes it a little better. Right? I can't afford to trade him out so I might just be convincing myself
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:16 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Turpin back to cook in round 19 ?

Haha its annoying as there arent many options at the moment.

Simpkin is a problem for me with bye next week.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:17 pm

Welsh Mafia wrote:If you didn’t own hopgood going into this week, would you consider him as a no brainer given his huge ownership with the top ranks?

Or too much risk and you may have missed the boat with lane, matto and ofa all back.

The latter I think. Reckon we'll all be trading him out come rd20/21 when he's back to 55-60mins.
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:18 pm

Maybe flick him and hold Carty a bit longer is the move

Edit lol actually as my only hooker that presents a problem

He's on my list of potential sells but I don't need to sell him this week.

I have Turpin and Boyd though, so can cover the whole season.

And now you've got me thinking. I could trade Cook to Matterson and hold Tapine instead and not worry about if he will back up next week.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:20 pm

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:

Two of those 3 are no bench byes (NBB) though, which makes it a little better. Right? I can't afford to trade him out so I might just be convincing myself

Yeah just mean if i trade Cook i have to get someone im happy to play at 9 for ~some period~ of time

Turpin might be the go.

Until BS9 makes a surprise early return

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:20 pm

Simpkin is becoming a headache. I can use him this week and in 18 but apart from that probably just sits in EMG until Api comes back. I mean it’s not a bad break glass option until that happens
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:31 pm

Just saw an article saying that Tuala who’s replacing Marzhew this week also got dropped for missing the bus last year

Like for like replacement
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:38 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Turpin back to cook in round 19 ?

Haha its annoying as there arent many options at the moment.

Simpkin is a problem for me with bye next week.

I probably wouldn’t bother getting a hooker for r19
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:48 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Fortitude wrote:Anyone got predictions on how the last third of the year plays out with rankings etc.

I’ve had a stinker and am sitting around the 10k mark. Im banking on most people navigating byes poorly, and relying heavily on trades. Hoping that most won’t be able to trade their way back to full strength post origin.

Alot of people will be looking to bring back some biggies like Haas, yeo, grant and chin. That takes up most of the trades people have left prior to dealing with byes. Leaving only the extra 8 trades to survive the last few rounds. Those extra trades are probably enough to stop peoples team falling off a cliff.

This is how I see it going

R16
    Most serious coaches have 11+ this week and probably don't need to make many trades.  The biggest hurdles will be Robson and Moses getting origin callups. Turpin/Simpkin are ideal cashouts to cover hooker if you need to.
    Many people won't have 3 MIDs, and not many worth trading in just for this week so that will be the most common cause of people playing short. Maybe Matterson/Hopgood if you want one. If you don't have Hynes then good time to spend a trade on him (and then hope he doesn't get recalled for origin 3)

R17
    Will be tough, especially if a few of Teddy, Cook, Haas, Walsh fail to back up. This could be a heavy trading week - probably biggest trade week between now and the r20 boost.
    Problem is for most it won't be worth trading out guys like Hynes, Bateman, iPap just for a week. So its a matter of if its appropriate to cash out guys like Preston or hold them for a bit
    Guys like Harrison Edwards will be prime for the cutting room floor, Titans have finished their byes if you want any non origin players from there.
    I think it won't be uncommon for some of the top teams to play with less than 17 players this week.

R18
    Unless you are over-subscribed to Parra players, or there are a bunch of injuries, many will have this pegged as a no trade week (some will have no choice in the matter). Sharks and Tigers will have finished there byes, so any non-origin guns you want from there are prime trade in candidates 9if you want both iPap and Bateman for example), and maybe injuries will force something, but trades here will be reacting to circumstances, rather than planning something.

R19
    I think a lot have decent cover here. There's a lot of very good MID/EDG available. If Hynes doesn't play game 3 then him and SJ are a halves pairing. I think most people will be OK to field a team of 11+ here, even if they have no trades left. Obviously origin selection/injuries will stuff Camo up, but hopefully everyone else can cope.

R20/21
    Race time. I suspect most of the top teams will use 4 of their 8 trades straight away. Certainly by round 21 pending origin backups, and the fitness of Cleary/Bird
    If you don't have Hynes, Cleary, Haas, Fifita they are probably the top 4 to bring in this week if they are fit and playing. Fifita/Cleary you may be able to wait a week pending BE/fitness.
    Then its guys like Grant, Yeo, Bird (if fit), fixing up WFB. That will be a bit of pot luck whether you go for Latrell, Turbo, Edwards or stick with the likes of Bula. Probably have to pick a cheapie or 2 to fund these upgrades, so everyone will be hoping for a playable $250k player to enable final teams
    For those who can't afford the best they'll be looking for guys like Cam Murray, Angus Crichton (if he ever gets a start back) Koroisau as discount options
    R22.

R22 to the end
    I suspect by the time R22 starts, most top teams will have a gun, or close to gun, top 17, and most of them will have finished their byes
    SJ, Tohu, Haas, Cook, Preston, Robson, Hopgood, Haas, Walsh, Cook are some of the main popular players with bye remaining. A bunch of these will have been traded out/upraded in the previous couple of weeks.
    A lot will only have 2-3 trades left, but they'll just sit on them and only use them for injuries, and have an 18th man good enough to cover most byes.
    Injuries of 2+ weeks will use a trade, and in the final 3 weeks potentially just trading out fit players on a bye to get 3 weeks of scores rather than 2.

The Camo reference is the cherry on top of what is a sweet as post.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:15 pm

Cook should back up rd 17, is there another reason for the hesitancy with Simpkin with no 's' ?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:17 pm

Khany wrote:Cook should back up rd 17, is there another reason for the hesitancy with Simpkin with no 's' ?

primary reason for hesitancy on Simpkin is from folks who already have a few dogs/tigers/sharks
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:22 pm

Starting to be sucked into the NAS hype.

Stone ---> NAS for like $60k seems like a good trade. If you offered me that at the start of the season I
    would've snapped your hand off.

Down to 5 trades. Playing 13 this week.

Brewery crawl on Saturday so every chance there are drunken trades happening that completely derail my already pre-derailed season.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:28 pm

Also there's a Garrick banner sitting there if admins want to add it into rotation.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:29 pm

Camo123 wrote:Also only have Horse of the R20 bye players because I’m an idiot and don’t have JDB

Or you are a man of principle and stoicism.

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:31 am