NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 31 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by Boozecluez Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:32 pm

Krump wrote:
    Why?

Well didn't a dad ship his son off to manly for origin cover?
    And now that team has to play Asi and Matterson as their halves haha
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 31 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by mattnz Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:32 pm

ShadowSabre wrote:I would love if we could have just one thread where one ego didnt have to justify his trades to another ego and it just be informative info like we get from Milch and Easy Tiget et El. Jeez it's tough reading some of the pages reading through the dick swinging. We get it, some of you don't agree with each other and you were first to trade in so and so into a fictional game yada yada yada

Rhino was just being a dick, what did he expect?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:34 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Well didn't a dad ship his son off to manly for origin cover?
    And now that team has to play Asi and Matterson as their halves haha

Are you suggesting Mahoney to Dragons, FlanaGUN to wear the 9 for the bulldogs???
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:37 pm

Speaking of flanagan snr, is he going to get the band back together at dragons?

Punt all those ex griffo broncos

In comes:
    Xerri
    A Fifita
    Aaron gray
    Woodsy
    Feki

I hear the Chad is being shopped
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:38 pm

ShadowSabre wrote:I would love if we could have just one thread where one ego didnt have to justify his trades to another ego and it just be informative info like we get from Milch and Easy Tiget et El. Jeez it's tough reading some of the pages reading through the dick swinging. We get it, some of you don't agree with each other and you were first to trade in so and so into a fictional game yada yada yada

To be fair some are just providing constructive comments, I don't think anything is malicious
    I was trying to provide that with mine anyways and perhaps a comparison, like most things if it helps others then good
    The alternative is I say nothing too which is a shit load easier and less time consuming
    I am easy either way
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:39 pm

mattnz wrote:

Rhino was just being a dick, what did he expect?

Not singling you out mate, but if you wanted to be the bigger person and not bite that would be grand.
    This is a fantasy sports forum, you don't have to respond to every dig or thought that comes to mind. It would make it a helluva lot simpler around here if so and we'd have more productive conversations here too
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:41 pm

my tv broke wrote:Speaking of flanagan snr, is he going to get the band back together at dragons?

Punt all those ex griffo broncos

In comes:
    Xerri
    A Fifita
    Aaron gray
    Woodsy
    Feki

I hear the Chad is being shopped

Ben Pomeroy out of retirement, maybe grab the greek freak Billy Magoulias too from the jets
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:43 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:

To be fair some are just providing constructive comments, I don't think anything is malicious
    I was trying to provide that with mine anyways and perhaps a comparison, like most things if it helps others then good
    The alternative is I say nothing too which is a shit load easier and less time consuming
    I am easy either way

I'm all for the constructive to and fro on trade thoughts but the you did this he did that weeks ago on trades doesn't feel all that useful and more feels personal from both sides. We've all made stuff ups and all made some great early calls. All I know for sure is these byes this year have been a nightmare and next year certainlly I'll be doing things differently
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:49 pm

Nuff said.

Last edited by Krump on Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:49 pm

Krump wrote:
    Why?

Marginal first graders, who have a parent in the coaching team or recruiters elsewhere, often make a switch - Sullivan, Walters as recent examples, while Arthur moved the other way.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:49 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I wish the Dolphins would grant Niko an immediate mid season release to join the Broncos as a super sub

Granted -- I do not think i really have any say in the matter though
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:50 pm

Krump wrote:
    Youre right here. The reason that you’re right is because you’ve picked the best players not your vaunted pods. Anyone could name another list of your failed pod picks, what makes them worse is that when they sick you’re the only guy wasting trades on them.

They are PODs, until everyone picks them up because they are performing. If NAS doesn't get injured, he would have been one of them as well, that looked obvious in hindsight, that I had from round 1.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:54 pm

ShadowSabre - "AM I NOBODY TO YOU" lol!

Sorry

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:54 pm

ShadowSabre wrote:

I'm all for the constructive to and fro on trade thoughts but the you did this he did that weeks ago on trades doesn't feel all that useful and more feels personal from both sides. We've all made stuff ups and all made some great early calls. All I know for sure is these byes this year have been a nightmare and next year certainlly I'll be doing things differently

Well you are right, it really is pointless based on what happens after it
    Mistakes are how we learn, seems I am not taking on my own advice and making that same mistake posting here again haha

Last edited by Contrastinghobby on Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:55 pm

my tv broke wrote:Have a feeling Bradman just got lucky a few times.

Some shit bowlers around back then
    Whatever you say Virat.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:57 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:

I think you got luck and fun mixed up, but I don't want to invoke the wrath of an angry robot

Here is my lucky fun team with 573k in the bank for a rainy day (Before it is data mined)
    Hopefully I have some better luck this week

Turpin
    Matterson HEdwards Hopgood
    Bateman IPap
    (c)Hynes Ponga
    Penisini Manu
    Gutherson Drinkwater Bula

Robson Cook JDB Horsburgh
    Johnson Tedesco Lemuelu CNK

Following rounds 17,17,14,18 players using one more trade out with Hedwards

But fittler is coaching game 3 of origin and there is plenty of time for resting players,injuries and questionable selections so I don't expect this to stay the same so have a few trades spare for that
    Did you just compare yourself to Bradman?
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:59 pm

Krump wrote:
    Did you just compare yourself to Bradman?

Yes

The best one:
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:59 pm

Milchcow wrote:

You mock, but 3 people have traded Simpkins in since I took stats for my BEs

Nearly 4000 have traded in Simpkin, so its obviously not a common mistake. But that's probably just due my diligent efforts.

That had nothing to do with me naming you. I was referring to the cut of his jib Simpson reference.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:02 pm

ShadowSabre wrote:

Interested to hear what you would have done differently with the byes. Lots that has happened was really difficult to plan for, with Origin injuries and selections.

Interestingly, one of the best things Booze did, which very few others did, was selling Miller early, even though he played both the first byes. If Ponga gets another HIA, or is selected for Origin, both very likely outcomes, holding Miller looks like the right play. Taking calculated risks, can work in your favour.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:10 pm

So what you’d like is is the guys at the top of the leaderboard and the guys who help the community to just post up their tips every week? My hot tip for you is if that’s what you want that then they may as well have their own little butters group and you’d never even know about it.
    I’d hate to speak for anyone but the people who’s opinions you so value are still here after years because of the community that’s been built. If you don’t like that then maybe you should start the shadowsabre 9 and just ignore the forum and dm those guys and gals for their opinion.

Ps. Fuck off and I’m glad I won’t have to read your leachy opinions anymore.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:50 am