NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by Boozecluez Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:56 pm

Krump wrote:
    The fantasy gods are hanging out at the same pub as the cricket gods who are still spilling their beers laughing over fucking over Bradman.

I can only imagine what my team would like if they were playing
    But thats fish and chip paper now, worrying about it isn't going to change anything
    Just means I have to be better, care less and have fun with it
    It's not like I can control the fantasy gods, they have already decided
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by Boozecluez Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:58 pm

I am more Bradbury than Bradman
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:00 pm

Have a feeling Bradman just got lucky a few times.

Some shit bowlers around back then
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:06 pm

my tv broke wrote:Have a feeling Bradman just got lucky a few times.

I think you got luck and fun mixed up, but I don't want to invoke the wrath of an angry robot

Here is my lucky fun team with 573k in the bank for a rainy day (Before it is data mined)
    Hopefully I have some better luck this week

Turpin
    Matterson HEdwards Hopgood
    Bateman IPap
    (c)Hynes Ponga
    Penisini Manu
    Gutherson Drinkwater Bula

Robson Cook JDB Horsburgh
    Johnson Tedesco Lemuelu CNK

Following rounds 17,17,14,18 players using one more trade out with Hedwards

But fittler is coaching game 3 of origin and there is plenty of time for resting players,injuries and questionable selections so I don't expect this to stay the same so have a few trades spare for that
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:12 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Random question?
    Except Fifita and weekes I have owned every single one of the above players mentioned
    My squad value is 14.54mil which is about 1.2mil above yours and even then the past few weeks I havent cared about cash gen

Some notable players I didn't grab which I believe you have mentioned heavily are

Mahoney,Kiraz,Cobbo,Sami,Weekes,BillySmith,Crossland,NAS,NAS,Granville,Fainu

Of those Kiraz,NAS,NAS got injured

I guess in hindsight would you make those trades again?
    Not trying to be critical but thats the only real difference I can see

Cobbo, Sami, Crossland, Granville, Fainu have been average, not terrible pick ups. I got a 60 out of Smith and had to trade him last week to field 17 because he was injured.

NAS was a great selection both times, but picked up 2 different injuries.

My team value is actually $13.98M.

The biggest difference with my team, that really cost me, wasn't marginal selections, of which you also had a few, but the many injuries early in the season, that I couldn't catch up from, which knocked me down to a 20k rank, instead of being top 1k, to build from.

As you say, the bulk of players picked up by 1st are the same as I picked up.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:14 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:

I think you got luck and fun mixed up, but I don't want to invoke the wrath of an angry robot

Here is my lucky fun team with 573k in the bank for a rainy day (Before it is data mined)
    Hopefully I have some better luck this week

Turpin
    Matterson HEdwards Hopgood
    Bateman IPap
    (c)Hynes Ponga
    Penisini Manu
    Gutherson Drinkwater Bula

Robson Cook JDB Horsburgh
    Johnson Tedesco Lemuelu CNK

Following rounds 17,17,14,18 players using one more trade out with Hedwards

But fittler is coaching game 3 of origin and there is plenty of time for resting players,injuries and questionable selections so I don't expect this to stay the same so have a few trades spare for that

Ridiculously strong. It's almost as if you've been planning.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:15 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

I think he gets fantasy
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:15 pm

my tv broke wrote:Ffs dont bring up crossland. I am scarred.

He’s wearing the number 9 for the Aardvarks this week before I grant him an immediate mid season release to ‘pursue other opportunities’

I think buying and holding Kodi makes up for Crossland doesn’t t it? Doesn’t it?…..does….ah fuck it
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:17 pm

Krump wrote:
    multiple.scoregasms wrote:Hope Tuki Simpkins does get on the field. I like the cut of his jib
    Not a like for this. Milchy mustn’t have seen it yet.

You mock, but 3 people have traded Simpkins in since I took stats for my BEs

Nearly 4000 have traded in Simpkin, so its obviously not a common mistake. But that's probably just due my diligent efforts.

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:19 pm

Aardvark wrote:

He’s wearing the number 9 for the Aardvarks this week before I grant him an immediate mid season release to ‘pursue other opportunities’

I think buying and holding Kodi makes up for Crossland doesn’t t it? Doesn’t it?…..does….ah fuck it

I wish the Dolphins would grant Niko an immediate mid season release to join the Broncos as a super sub

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:19 pm

I can also confirm that it’s safe to trade in NAS, as the few times I have disparaged a wildly inconsistent mid ranger as a dud buy they have gone on to post their best score of the season.

I was right about JFH though.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:21 pm

mattnz wrote:Shane Flanagan has been announced as the new head coach of St George Illawarra with the premiership-winning coach to take over at the Dragons from the start of the 2024 NRL season.

.... betting odds on Flano jr joining Dragons have to be pretty low.
    Why?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:21 pm

It would be kind of funny if Simpkin splits hooker 40/40 with this new kid and Simpkins comes in as an 80 minute lock next round. Didn't the "wrong" Nikorima turn out to be the right one a few year back?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:22 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:It would be kind of funny if Simpkin splits hooker 40/40 with this new kid and Simpkins comes in as an 80 minute lock next round. Didn't the "wrong" Nikorima turn out to be the right one a few year back?

I don't think Jayden Nikorima has ever been relevant, only Kodi has ever been a fantasy prospect at any point ever.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:28 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I don't think Jayden Nikorima has ever been relevant, only Kodi has ever been a fantasy prospect at any point ever.

There was a year (2016?) where Jayden was starting half of hooker (can't remember) for a few weeks for the Roosters, while Kodi was min-price for the Broncos. Memory hazy but the one who people picked up by accident outscored the popular one for a while.
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:28 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Pretty sure Jayden was a preseason darling for the roosters back in the day?
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:28 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I’m pretty sure that was the issue, IIRC Jayden was supposed to be a no-brainer cow starting for the Roosters in his rookie year and I don’t think it was that there was a ‘right’ Nikorima, so much as Jayden went so poorly that people that accidentally picked Kodi got a better return.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:29 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

There was a year (2016?) where Jayden was starting half of hooker (can't remember) for a few weeks for the Roosters, while Kodi was min-price for the Broncos. Memory hazy but the one who people picked up by accident outscored the popular one for a while.

Just another roosters player to conveniently fail a drug test
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:30 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

I just grabbed non origin players a tier below on the up like I do every year
    I had to fix my meme bench so thats where I started and went from there
    Some people try to term that tier below the gun something haha, but it's only natural to want a bargain, less chance for disappointment
    It just happens that they aren't half bad either and fun to watch too

Chuck them in MTB's bye planner and count the green dots, try not to bring in more red dots was the only plan
    Don't worry about origin guns scoring big
    Don't grab cheap shit players, this needs to be low maintenance as don't have the time to check or worry about team lists
    Don't live in regret, bring the player in and worry less

Trust gut, have fun and try not to care as much because it doesn't really matter in the end as this is a madeup game
    For the time people overthink on trades, roles, minutes just don't, it doesn't help and chances are you are betting against those odds

So when I said fun, I meant it. Stress less and have fun, if anything it helps your game because you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
    And you will enjoy it a whole lot more too

10 weeks to go and meetup soon, things could be worse

Last edited by Contrastinghobby on Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:30 pm

I would love if we could have just one thread where one ego didnt have to justify his trades to another ego and it just be informative info like we get from Milch and Easy Tiget et El. Jeez it's tough reading some of the pages reading through the dick swinging. We get it, some of you don't agree with each other and you were first to trade in so and so into a fictional game yada yada yada

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:05 pm