NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:22 pm

All this hands talk has led to me taking a radical re-think on my trades

In addition to Hynes in for Cleary was going

EKatoa - Sorenson
    Niko - Simonsson

Gives me 11 this week

Now thinking (Edited)

Burbo - Hands
    EKatoa - Nas

For 11 this week (gets rid of Burbo and keeps Niko)

Might take some maneuvering to get a couple of edges next week but looks like I can move Lemu

Whaddya reckon?

Last edited by Aardvark on Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by The Goat Boys Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:22 pm

Hands grabs me Matterson over Butcher.

Turpin/Butcher vs Hands/Matterson

At least have I till tomorrow to decide
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:44 pm

The Goat Boys wrote:Hands grabs me Matterson over Butcher.

Turpin/Butcher vs Hands/Matterson

At least have I till tomorrow to decide
    Turpin is a safe bet will make another 150k.
    Butcher well Rorters are struggling who knows he could come off interchange soon. 

Hands depends on Hodgson mightn’t make the money Turpin will I’ll say he won’t. 

Matto we know he could be a keeper. 

Tough decision mate.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:45 pm

On another note fav fast food? Mines KFC
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:49 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Who are the good options for R19?
    Assuming Cook still in the origin squad

Liddle
    Boyd
    Simpkin
    JMK

Unless you want a punt on Hands/Hogdson or maybe try-machine Wayde Egan
    Or as a one off cashout perhaps Mamouzelos/whoever starts for Souths, but that really would be a one and done waste of a spot in your 21

And most importantly, if you don't have any of those above, who would you spend a trade on bringing in

On a price per $ basis, Simpkin probably the go, the others probably too expensive to be a cash out, not quite good enough to score as a keeper

Am a little concerned about Simpkin scoring though
    Last year for big games averaged 33 points in 62 minutes. That's fine for bye round cover, but you won't want to play him by choice many other weeks
    And will he get enough games as starter to make enough money to trade him out again? If he could get $200k by R21 that would be fantastic, but you need a big score or 2 in there to jumpstart price rises

Yeah I'm concerned about Simpkin's output as well, his low price tag and 57point game will lure plenty of coaches into the trap.
    With origin players being rested, injuries and byes you can't really afford have a questionable EMG bench... after round 20 you can probably kill 1 or 2 spots to maximise the budget, but in my opinion it's "all hands on deck" for the next 5 rounds
    Cake Tiger
    Cake Tiger

Post by Cake Tiger Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:49 pm

Oy, oy, what did I miss? Some good travel chat today. I got back from a four weeker at the weekend. Enjoyed every minute. Also realised that I am lucky to afford such a trip - I know a lot of people are doing it tough this year.

V hard to keep on top of Fantasy from Europe though. Good job I was doing shit anyway this year.

Boo to no Thursday game.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:50 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:On another note fav fast food? Mines KFC

Korean Fried Chicken?
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:51 pm

For those considering Hands, here's a recent update (2 days ago) on Hodgson

"The Parramatta Eels have provided injury updates on several of their forwards, including Josh Hodgson, who was a late withdrawal on Monday against the Bulldogs.

The club confirmed that Hodgson is awaiting scan results to determine the severity of a neck injury. It is highly unlikely that Hodgson will play this weekend against Manly.

Whilst Hodgson is set to sit on the sidelines... "

To me, that sounds like the injury is worst than first thought? Scan results hadn't come in as of 2 days ago, so they've waited a few weeks before sending for scans. Maybe they just thought it was a stiff neck but realised it's worse?
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:57 pm

Cake Tiger wrote:V hard to keep on top of Fantasy from Europe though. Good job I was doing shit anyway this year.

Was the opposite for me! Too much time sitting around waiting at train stations and airports maybe. Or maybe I'm better off not watching the games and sticking with what everyone else is saying

Most of our trip wasn't refundable from when we started organising it in 2022; wouldn't have even thought about going if we knew everything was going to go to shit like it has since then. Learned how to make some good veggie curries and sex up mi goreng a bit in the aftermath at least
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:02 pm

Welsh Mafia wrote:For those considering Hands, here's a recent update (2 days ago) on Hodgson

"The Parramatta Eels have provided injury updates on several of their forwards, including Josh Hodgson, who was a late withdrawal on Monday against the Bulldogs.

The club confirmed that Hodgson is awaiting scan results to determine the severity of a neck injury. It is highly unlikely that Hodgson will play this weekend against Manly.

Whilst Hodgson is set to sit on the sidelines... "

To me, that sounds like the injury is worst than first thought? Scan results hadn't come in as of 2 days ago, so they've waited a few weeks before sending for scans. Maybe they just thought it was a stiff neck but realised it's worse?

My hope is that I move along Burbo who is base price, injured and going nowhere to Hands who might score a few points and eek his way to $300k over the next few rounds.

Potentially he will be easier to deal with post Origin than an injured base price player (hold him or move him on whatever the case may be) and he plays next week as well, however few minutes that will be.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:06 pm

Is it worth trading Crossland to a Turpin/Simpkin/Hands or should I just keep and boot him next week instead? His scoring is really average at best
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:07 pm

Brooks to the Cowboys

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 40 Giphy

Last edited by No Worries on Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:07 pm

Fantasy Fantasy Trade Window

For those of you who are in this comp, you can replace an under-performing fanatic this round

The window closes before tomorrow nights match

Cheers
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:08 pm

Spectre wrote:Is it worth trading Crossland to a Turpin/Simpkin/Hands or should I just keep and boot him next week instead? His scoring is really average at best

I've kept him because he's playing and probably won't lose much but definitely getting the boot in the next few weeks.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:16 pm

Spectre wrote:Is it worth trading Crossland to a Turpin/Simpkin/Hands or should I just keep and boot him next week instead? His scoring is really average at best

Only Turpin is a definite upgrade in my opinion

Crossland could out score simpkin or hands this week

Think trades are still valuable
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:17 pm

My R16 team

Turpin
    Edwards Hopgood X
    Bateman Hosking
    Hynes(C) Hands
    Manu X
    Edwards Ponga Bula

Bench
    CNK AJohnston Robson Moses AFB SJohnson DFifi JDB

Hosking AJ and Robson out over the next few weeks
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:20 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:On a seperate note I prefer a sausage roll to a meat pie.

I knew you had shit taste
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:21 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:On another note fav fast food? Mines KFC

Please ignore my previous comment
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:22 pm

Chewie wrote:

Korean Fried Chicken?

Any good korean fried chicken joints near you? There is one that opened locally but churns through stock so quickly it's unreliable for planning dinner etc.

Would love to not have to go to Sydney
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:24 pm

ytsb wrote:

The foremost concern when storing any perishable food item is preventing the growth of harmful bacteria. Tomato and BBQ sauces often contain natural acids and moisture, which create an ideal environment for bacterial growth at room temperature. Refrigerating these sauces slows down bacterial multiplication and significantly extends their shelf life. By refrigerating tomato and BBQ sauce, you prioritize the safety of yourself and your loved ones, reducing the risk of foodborne illnesses. Consider all the left over gunk at the top of the sauce bottle that insects can eat, and bacteria can grow on, you disgusting pile of filth.

Tomato and BBQ sauces are rich in flavour compounds that can be easily affected by temperature, light, and air exposure. The cupboard environment can subject these sauces to heat and fluctuating temperatures, leading to accelerated flavour degradation. The refrigerator, on the other hand, provides a controlled, cool environment that helps preserve the freshness, aroma, and taste of these sauces over a longer period. By refrigerating them, you ensure that each time you use the sauce, it maintains its intended flavour profile. I could hark on and on about oxidation from a chemistry perspective, but your feeble mind couldn't handle it, you massive idiot.

The cupboard exposes tomato and BBQ sauces to varying degrees of heat, humidity, and light, factors that can accelerate spoilage. Higher temperatures and humidity can contribute to mold growth and yeast fermentation, rendering the sauce unfit for consumption. Refrigeration significantly slows down the deterioration process, allowing you to enjoy these sauces for an extended period. By keeping them in the fridge, you minimize the risk of spoilage and maximize their shelf life. You should have been stored in the fridge because it's clear you're rotten to the core.

Finally, refrigerating tomato and BBQ sauce offers added versatility and convenience in meal preparation. Cold sauces provide a refreshing contrast when added to warm dishes, making them a great accompaniment to grilled meats, burgers, sandwiches, ect. The ability to conveniently incorporate chilled sauce into various recipes enhances the culinary experience. The dichotomy of cold to hot is a pleasant experience, unlike interacting with you on this forum.
    ytGPTsb

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:29 am