NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Ando
    Ando

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by Ando Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:51 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Depends if Harrison Edwards wants to be a gun this week haha

We were sold a dream with his 48 tackles in 68 minutes in RD11, I can't wait to flick him next week
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 61 - Picking origin reps for bye planning

Post by mattnz Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:55 pm

The only gun I am considering adding to my team ahead of round 19, is Bird, but would need to see him getting big minutes without injury concerns before then. Would give me 12 for round 19.

Going to be some great value players post-origin that will be must have - Fifita and Cleary the key targets that will be massively undervalued after their recent low scores. With a tonne of cash, will be able to trade in guys like Granville and Turpin to get both.

Last edited by mattnz on Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:55 pm

Updated my tracker for those who like reading

Any comments welcomed
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:00 pm

Camo123 wrote:

What guns are people looking at next round

It seems a lot of the targets for keepers I have in my tracker are post Origin buys (Fifita losing cash, Cleary returning from injury)

Wonder if it’s worth jumping on Origin guys going up in price (Yeo, Grant), though running risk of Origin 3 injury/poor backup mins

Not a whole lot of non Origin pickups to ditch all the Dogs players for

Haven't thought too seriously about it but probably none until after rnd 19.

No point planning too much as there will be injuries and suspensions which those extra trades will be used for.

I am thinking klese haas comes in next week if named.

Still need to figure out what im doing this week.
    Cleary to Hynes is one trade.
    Niko to NAS? may need to cancel this, looks like he is being broken page by page
    Burbo to ...
    Carty/Cook to ...

That would leave me with 7 trades.

Beyond that, at this stage i am pretty well set up for rnd 19 after having a look today

Ive got five origin players so we will see how that unfolds as well..
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:05 pm

Papadontbleach wrote:

Can guarantee he won't be doing that.  Raiders have a bye this week.  

I really, really don't get Fantasy.
    Beer
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:06 pm

If we're talking about "fun" picks, 80% of the time it's great fun not owning the players who Matt has talked up most.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:24 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:If we're talking about "fun" picks, 80% of the time it's great fun not owning the players who Matt has talked up most.

Yeah it really sucked getting on early on Carty, Preston, Trindall, Fifita, Horse, JDB, Turpin, Bateman, Manu, SJ, Hynes and Ponga (2nd time around), as well as holding Hopgood and getting Turbo last week.

Other than injured players, very few of my selections this season haven't worked out - Tapine, Weekes, HSS, Moses the most notable of the picks that didn't work that didn't have injury concerns. Very happy with my selections this season.

Hope you missed 80% of these great pick ups.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:26 pm

easytiger wrote:

I don't mean to overstate it, but do think there is some risk there
    Have you or anyone you’d would actually seen the latest version of Robbie? I keep hearing things but we’ve heard about that many hookers in the last ten years that I won’t hold my breath.
    Have you seen how he goes @no worries
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:28 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Hope Tuki Simpkins does get on the field. I like the cut of his jib
    Not a like for this. Milchy mustn’t have seen it yet.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:29 pm

mattnz wrote:

Yeah it really sucked getting on early on Carty, Preston, Trindall, Fifita, Horse, JDB, Turpin, Bateman, Manu, SJ, Hynes and Ponga (2nd time around), as well as holding Hopgood and getting Turbo last week.

Other than injured players, very few of my selections this season haven't worked out - Tapine, Weekes, HSS, Moses the most notable of the picks that didn't work that didn't have injury concerns. Very happy with my selections this season.

What a Face

Some great early picks but also half of those are no brainer selections that 99% of players own.

Think you might be ignoring a few dud calls there lol
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:37 pm

mattnz wrote:

Doubt it seeing as Rhino’s been top 20 since RD7? Laugh 3
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:39 pm

my tv broke wrote:

What a Face

Some great early picks but also half of those are no brainer selections that 99% of players own.

Think you might be ignoring a few dud calls there lol

They are the key ones that I was arguing the merits of on here, that didn't get injured and I was on really early for. Most others followed later.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:47 pm

mattnz wrote:

They are the key ones that I was arguing the merits of on here, that didn't get injured and I was on really early for. Most others followed later.

Haha there were definitely others. Mahoney mcinnes sami kiraz etc. Yes obvs kiraz got hurt but he was scpring at 40 odd? Sami must be mid 30s id guess (since the trade in)

Could have easily been patient with tapine carrigan preston cleary.

Its the sideways trades to the new shiny thing that end up hurting you more than injuries which everyone ultimately deals with

Its a long game

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:49 pm

mattnz wrote:

Random question?
    Except Fifita and weekes I have owned every single one of the above players mentioned
    My squad value is 14.54mil which is about 1.2mil above yours and even then the past few weeks I havent cared about cash gen

Some notable players I didn't grab which I believe you have mentioned heavily are

Mahoney,Kiraz,Cobbo,Sami,Weekes,BillySmith,Crossland,NAS,NAS,Granville,Fainu

Of those Kiraz,NAS,NAS got injured

I guess in hindsight would you make those trades again?
    Not trying to be critical but thats the only real difference I can see

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:50 pm

Ffs dont bring up crossland. I am scarred.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:52 pm

mattnz wrote:

If that was the case then you wouldn't have spent the year in the load more section of the FOG. The truth is that "most" probably got those good picks at the same time of earlier than you, they just don't post and boost every successful trade.

80% is of course overstating it, it just seems like 80% when there are pages and pages about how Mahoney and McInnis and Billy Smith are 60+ average keepers.

You do you, all good, but everyone has "bad luck", even more so if they pick injury-prone or low job security players, and not everyone is down to three trades. As mtvb says, the sideways/backwards trades of guns to new shiny things is your biggest leak, it would be helpful to your game to notice that.

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:52 pm

Damn don't want this to be a pile on, I was writing that up the past few minutes haha.
    Just wanted to provide some data to do what you want with it

Point is we all make crap trades, its just some have a higher chance of having a bad dice roll
    Bad luck or are we rolling too many of these dice?

Guess thats what the next 10 weeks are for to find out if it was worth it or not

Last edited by Contrastinghobby on Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:53 pm

mattnz wrote:

Booze got hit with Moses, Cook and Robson.
    The fantasy gods are hanging out at the same pub as the cricket gods who are still spilling their beers laughing over fucking over Bradman.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:55 pm

mattnz wrote:

It's ok to admit that you did a bad trade lol

Reality is there's only 1 winner and the main prize ain't even that great

Good news is we start all over again in December

Last edited by Shady2K on Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:56 pm

Krump wrote:
    The fantasy gods are hanging out at the same pub as the cricket gods who are still spilling their beers laughing over fucking over Bradman.

Booze would have had a 110 average before the last innings.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:51 am