NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 62 - Pie round chaos (please don't banh mi for that pun)

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 62 - Pie round chaos (please don't banh mi for that pun) - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 62 - Pie round chaos (please don't banh mi for that pun)

Post by my tv broke Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:21 am

Im not really seeing any eels worth owning (myself) in the run home other than if hopgood manages to stick around.

Theyre all kind of backup options if the top tier is unaffordable.

Shady2K
    Shady2K

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 62 - Pie round chaos (please don't banh mi for that pun) - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 62 - Pie round chaos (please don't banh mi for that pun)

Post by Shady2K Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:23 am

mattnz wrote:

Targeting Cleary and Fifita. Have $992k cash to get them for very average cows with my remaining 2 trades.

Then when injuries come, I can pick up any other underpriced guns in straight swaps.

Holding 992k for a month will just disadvantage you. I don’t get it

You can use 2 of the 8 trades you get in r20 to get Cleary and Fifita

Use your money and remaining trades in the meantime?

You do you tho
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:33 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

So, you're not going to make another trade until Round 20, in four weeks' time?

Will see what happens with Fainu, if he holds a starting spot, I won't need to trade him until after Origin, if at all, if he keeps Tuilagi on the bench.

Weekes can be held to cover if Turbo is out.

Granville is the only other weak spot in my team currently, but is getting a decent role over the Origin period, so isn't an urgent trade out.

I only have:
    - 2 Eels
    - 3 Bulldogs / Sharks / Tigers
    - 3 Raiders / Dragons / Souths
    - and have 11 for round 19 already, just missing a CTR and a WFB.

If Bird returns getting 80 minutes, I would consider getting him for round 19 once dropped in price. If not, I will likely avoid him, at least until after the Origin period, then when getting consistent minutes / scoring, would bring him in when another player gets injured / suspended. I have Penis, Manu and Sami for CTR spot anyway.

If Fifita gets decent minutes and scores well in round 17, I would consider trading him in for round 18, instead of waiting until after Origin. He has a BE of 104 at the moment though, so not an urgent trade in.

Turpin likely becomes Cleary when he maxes out and Cleary (BE 105) has dropped cash. Could be an upgrade in the $300-350k range by then - Turpin averaging just 55 the next 3 games gets him to $610k with a low BE for when Brandon returns, to hit mid $600k range even if playing less minutes then. Cleary should drop below $950k, but may need to buy him early anyway.

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:36 am

easytiger wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Don’t undersell yourself mate. I’ve counted AT LEAST 6 helpful and informative posts in that 20000...

(which is 4 more than me).

Sorry to be that guy, but I didn't find your facsimile operating instructions post that helpful (on account of not owning a fax machine,  although I guess it was informative in a historical sense?)

Rolling Laugh

I am sure they will come in handy once you purchase one mate. I know technology can be scary, but soooo much easier than mailing shit/buying stamps etc. Phewww, I'm exhausted just thinking about how much more work I had to do when I was faxless.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:39 am

standard-issue wrote:

Love your optimism Dolphin!  Personally think Round 27 will destroy quite a few team's ranks.

Got to be 95% or more of teams with no trades you would think.  2 players out already in Eels.  Many teams out of trades a month before potentially, so any other injuries already mean others out.  On top of that the potential for 1 or 2 guns to be rested.

Recipe for disaster but could be wrong.  I'll more than likely have Hopgood still hanging around though.

Last year I purposively made my last trade 3 weeks before the end of the season and had no issues. Actually, in the final round of the season, I had a full contingent to pick from.

Aside from the Panthers, I did not observe any mast resting of players - although I could be wrong. I have a suspicion that the comp will be much tighter this year and there will be not much motivation for resting players
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:45 am

Shady2K wrote:

You do you tho

At the risk of being a pot calling a kettle black Laughing this really sounds like poor team management to me - whimsical burning trades to catch up lost ground
    I reckon a lot of people who still have 7 to 8 trades at present are going to storm home post origin
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:47 am

Shady2K wrote:

You do you tho

Its more a matter of efficiency.

If Fainu is starting, my only weak spots in my team are Granville (can still score decent enough on his day), and Weekes.

If I can just spend 2 trades on:
    Turpin > Cleary
    Granville > Fifita

then that is a better outcome to get top tier guns that are undervalued, without wasting the spare cash and trades on less important players.

Without these guys I can still run:

Boyd
    Horse JDB Mofo
    Koala Bateman
    Hynes SJ
    Manu Penis
    Turbo Drinkwater Bula

NAS Hopgood Ponga Turpin
    Sami Fainu Granville Weekes

Its not bad with $1M on the sideline.

I have been gaining ground every week for several weeks with that team, going from 20k to 1,800 last week.

Add Cleary and Fifita for Turpin and Granville and I have plenty of depth to get me through.

Last edited by mattnz on Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:51 am

I’ve got a higher than average number of trades left which I plan to use on questionable sideways moves in the hope of minimising my score. I hope injuries and ratings don’t foil my fiendish plan 😬

Katoa to Sorenson sees me off to a good start this week 💯
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:56 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

At the risk of being a pot calling a kettle black  Laughing  this really sounds like poor team management to me - whimsical burning trades to catch up lost ground
    I reckon a lot of people who still have 7 to 8 trades at present are going to storm home post origin

How do you intend to use 15+ trades in that period?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:56 am

standard-issue wrote:

Love your optimism Dolphin!  Personally think Round 27 will destroy quite a few team's ranks.

Got to be 95% or more of teams with no trades you would think.  2 players out already in Eels.  Many teams out of trades a month before potentially, so any other injuries already mean others out.  On top of that the potential for 1 or 2 guns to be rested.

Recipe for disaster but could be wrong.  I'll more than likely have Hopgood still hanging around though.

Last year I purposively made my last trade 3 weeks before the end of the season and had no issues. Actually, in the final round of the season, I had a full contingent to pick from.

Aside from the Panthers, I did not observe any mast resting of players - although I could be wrong. I have a suspicion that the comp will be much tighter this year and there will be not much motivation for resting players

I had to Google purposively, I have learnt something today Very Happy

Yep, Comp closer this year, less chance of players being rested.

Maybe I'm seeing things the way that suit me?  My rank is shit this year but have 10 trades after this Round, then add the extra 8, so my strategy/hope will be to make up mass rankings in the last few Rounds.  It's all new this year, who knows.  Will be VERY interesting to see how it plays out.

My gut feel is there will be a shit tonne of teams that fall off a cliff in the last few Rounds like nothing we have seen before.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:57 am

standard-issue wrote:

Rolling Laugh

I am sure they will come in handy once you purchase one mate.  I know technology can be scary, but soooo much easier than mailing shit/buying stamps etc.  Phewww, I'm exhausted just thinking about how much more work I had to do when I was faxless.

I dunno man, putting all your trust in computers, like how do we even know it's really been sent?
    There's no way if I need to send out an order that it's going to fit through those wires.
    Plus, if there's a power cut, my pen, paper and candles just keep on trucking.

Anyway, off to use my abacus to work out if I can afford to trade this week
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:05 am

mattnz wrote:

Its more a matter of efficiency.

If Fainu is starting, my only weak spots in my team are Granville (can still score decent enough on his day), and Weekes.

If I can just spend 2 trades on:
    Turpin > Cleary
    Granville > Fifita

then that is a better outcome to get top tier guns that are undervalued, without wasting the spare cash and trades on less important players.

Without these guys I can still run:

Boyd
    Horse JDB Mofo
    Koala Bateman
    Hynes SJ
    Manu Penis
    Turbo Drinkwater Bula

NAS Hopgood Ponga Turpin
    Sami Fainu Granville Weekes

Its not bad with $1M on the sideline.

I have been gaining ground every week for several weeks with that team, going from 20k to 1,800 last week.

Add Cleary and Fifita for Turpin and Granville and I have plenty of depth to get me through.

The gaining ground thing is interesting.
    Out of curiosity, are you gaining ground on say the top 100? I.e. making inroads on comparative total points?
    Or is a fair chunk of gaining ground on teams that focus on H2H.

It's still relevant in either circumstance, and 20k down to 1800 is great. Just curious as to what you are benchmarking against
    123456qwerty

Post by 123456qwerty Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:16 am

Hey all,
    New to the forum. Been lurking and reading for a few weeks. I only started playing NRL Fantasy this year but have gotten really into it. I've been living over in the States the past 10 years so can't really watch too many games live. Thought I'd ask you guys' opinions on my situation. I've currently got 3 trades left. I had to trade heavily at the beginning to fix my team up once I figured out what I was doing. Right now I'm wondering if I should trade Haze Dunster for either Fainu (to give me 12 this week and 16/17 next week) or Simpkin (potential to make 150-200k over the next 4-6 weeks). Fainu obviously gives me probably 60 pts the next two weeks and potentially more but Simpkin would allow me to upgrade a Hopgood or the likes to a Haas post origin. 3rd option is hold the trade and maybe get in a Klese Haas next week.

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 62 - Pie round chaos (please don't banh mi for that pun) - Page 13 Screen10
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:18 am

standard-issue wrote:

I had to Google purposively, I have learnt something today Very Happy

Yep, Comp closer this year, less chance of players being rested.

Maybe I'm seeing things the way that suit me?  My rank is shit this year but have 10 trades after this Round, then add the extra 8, so my strategy/hope will be to make up mass rankings in the last few Rounds.  It's all new this year, who knows.  Will be VERY interesting to see how it plays out.

My gut feel is there will be a shit tonne of teams that fall off a cliff in the last few Rounds like nothing we have seen before.

I’m seeing it similarly….late byes, HIA stand downs and restings will play a part and the ability to make a sideways move to counter this will be valuable (opinion rather than stone cold fact of course 😉).
    Could be wrong like I have been wrong about many things before and will be wrong about many things in the future….or I might be right.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:24 am

Five trades for me, so it’s definitely going to be stumbling home for me.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:28 am

3 games ahead today plonkers ! Everything's coming up chipper!
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:29 am

123456qwerty wrote:Hey all,
    New to the forum. Been lurking and reading for a few weeks. I only started playing NRL Fantasy this year but have gotten really into it. I've been living over in the States the past 10 years so can't really watch too many games live. Thought I'd ask you guys' opinions on my situation. I've currently got 3 trades left. I had to trade heavily at the beginning to fix my team up once I figured out what I was doing. Right now I'm wondering if I should trade Haze Dunster for either Fainu (to give me 12 this week and 16/17 next week) or Simpkin (potential to make 150-200k over the next 4-6 weeks). Fainu obviously gives me probably 60 pts the next two weeks and potentially more but Simpkin would allow me to upgrade a Hopgood or the likes to a Haas post origin. 3rd option is hold the trade and maybe get in a Klese Haas next week.

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 62 - Pie round chaos (please don't banh mi for that pun) - Page 13 Screen10

Welcome

Currently you are playing 15 next week with the following on byes Hynes,Bateman,Ipap,Talau,Bula,Oloapu
    With 3 trades left I would probably avoid making it 14 players next week so would rule Simpkin out for now (Maybe grab in rd 18)

Fainu may or may not be a good pick, assuming he plays this and next week for a red dot in dunster that is probably worth it if you think he will continue to start on the edge. Would you still be happy with him off the bench the next 2 weeks as well worst case?
    Some might be worried about his job security so trust your judgement on that

I would prefer KHaas as a cashout next week (if he starts) but I don't need another scorer this week either so its your call

Full strength whatever you do they are probably depth anyways so dont stress over it

Good luck

Last edited by Contrastinghobby on Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:33 am; edited 2 times in total
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:30 am

123456qwerty wrote:Hey all,

Hey mate, I would hold the trade with only 3 left and look to trade Talau to Klees next week. Although you would be short a WFB still unless Dunster plays. Next week's problem imo.

Hynes, IPap, Bateman and Bula on the bye next week and I'd hold all 4 unless there's an injury. Some origin players to back-up and would rather spend one of my last trades on an injured gun to fill whichever position (WFB, CTR, EDG depending..). Wouldn't add Simpkin into the mix too. Not sure if Fainu's worth it at this point, may not even start again.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:34 am

I forgot about Oloapu there too, another on the bye next week and probably a trade. Would loop him with Ponga this week too as HIA insurance.

ie.

Hynes and Johnson at HLF and Ponga above Oloapu in the reserves. If Ponga's crap, move Oloapu above Ponga or into Johnson's starting spot.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:36 am

mattnz wrote:

How do you intend to use 15+ trades in that period?

I do not know about everyone else - but when I make a nice trade I tend to improve my rank - when I do not, others that do make a nice trade catch up - it is pretty simple

I won't use that many trades - I am a filthy trade whore like you and maybe filth. As mentioned i am going to burn all my trades by R24 and hope for the best cheer

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:59 am