NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 64 - Cook CTR DPP When?

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 64 - Cook CTR DPP When? - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 64 - Cook CTR DPP When?

Post by WT Winfield Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:48 am

Milchcow wrote:

Trade in Hands to get a R19 hooker, then find Cook dropped from origin game 3

If Cook's dropped and Hynes makes another appearance, at least Hands can slot in to HLF then
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 64 - Cook CTR DPP When? - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 64 - Cook CTR DPP When?

Post by The Bludger#2 Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:48 am

Now that Origin is dead to me...
    Let's talk Fantasy. I've been a very naughty boy and burned through my trades like I'm Freddie on the wacky-weed.
    2 remaining, but with Hoskings seemingly now superfluous to the Panthers forward pack, and Fainu getting shafted, and Lemu also ending up on the bench ... well, the Bludgers are in hot water.

Looking to pick up DPP (for bye round usefulness) players who have at least a shot at scoring OK.
    Thoughts on:
    Hosking > N.Butcher
    Oloapu > Brimson

Titans are now bye friendly and Brimson can put up good scores (albeit refusing to acknowledge that he is injury prone) and Nat has one of the Roosters forward positions locked in, his DPP makes covering Matters & Hopgod a lot easier next week.
    Could have gone balls out to pick up Fifita as Hoskings replacement, but his BE is pretty high and it would mean a drop down to Kris as WFB cover for 19.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:51 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:Now that Origin is dead to me...
    Let's talk Fantasy. I've been a very naughty boy and burned through my trades like I'm Freddie on the wacky-weed.
    2 remaining, but with Hoskings seemingly now superfluous to the Panthers forward pack, and Fainu getting shafted, and Lemu also ending up on the bench ... well, the Bludgers are in hot water.

Looking to pick up DPP (for bye round usefulness) players who have at least a shot at scoring OK.
    Thoughts on:
    Hosking > N.Butcher
    Oloapu > Brimson

Titans are now bye friendly and Brimson can put up good scores (albeit refusing to acknowledge that he is injury prone) and Nat has one of the Roosters forward positions locked in, his DPP makes covering Matters & Hopgod a lot easier next week.
    Could have gone balls out to pick up Fifita as Hoskings replacement, but his BE is pretty high and it would mean a drop down to Kris as WFB cover for 19.

Nat is benched this week!

Post by Guest Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:53 am

Interested in the Titans forwards. How they line up this week with a interim coach is a mystery.
    123456qwerty

Post by 123456qwerty Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:59 am

What’s everyone thinking about Lemuelu this week? I’ve heard he may end up starting? I live in NYC so I don’t have the luxury of being able to wait until kick off to make a decision. Thinking of punting him for Timoko or Sami. This would also bank me a bit of cash to be able to upgrade one of my middles to Haas post Origin. Anyone have any other ideas?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:59 am

BCT05 wrote:
    I actually think Sloan is the best of the other options... despite how disgusting it was owning him earlier in the year (after his red hot start) he doesn't appear to be going anywhere and can put up an occasional good scores amongst the shit (just hope you get lucky when you have to play him).

I just can't do Sloan because it's literally anti-fun for me to watch him. He's got some skills but just so clueless. It's like seeing a puppy trying to across a six lane highway in peak hour traffic

Maybe the only player I've disliked watching more was Chris Leikvoll AKA the slowest player over 0-10m in NRL history

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:01 am

Thoughts on:
    Hosking > N.Butcher
    Oloapu > Brimson

Hosking could sneak in this week. Keep an eye on the cut at 5:30pm. Not sure about Nutcher and Brimson. Look to be buying Butcher at his peak. I'd rather spend a bit more for DCE/Munster or Haumole for 100k cheaper. Brimson a couple of points underpriced and byes are done, but a bit too midrangery for me with trades dwindling and his injury history. If I had 7 or something, I'd be more inclined. I'm just aiming for guns and cashouts now.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:05 am

123456qwerty wrote:What’s everyone thinking about Lemuelu this week? I’ve heard he may end up starting? I live in NYC so I don’t have the luxury of being able to wait until kick off to make a decision. Thinking of punting him for Timoko or Sami. This would also bank me a bit of cash to be able to upgrade one of my middles to Haas post Origin. Anyone have any other ideas?

I'm holding for now

If he has a decent bench role (say 35-50 mins) he probably scores well enough, compared to some of the other CTR shittos e.g. I also own Koula, people considering Kris, te Whare, McGrady

When you factor in plays R19, is 1 injury/suspension away from being a CTR gun again, and low trades I'd rather wait and see

Having said that if it's a clear enabler to buy a gun else like in your case, I'm ok with that, especially as Sami and Timoko are ok value and probably fine as a 2nd CTR

Basically I would hold if the reason to sell is just "he's benched", but would consider selling if the reason is "he's benched plus the cash gives me this uber gun I couldn't afford before" AND you have a few trades still up your sleeve.

tl;dr its complicated

Last edited by robelgordo on Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:05 am

Milchcow wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:
    Would be a bit of a mission to put together actual stats of players having another concussion in the return game from one. I haven’t owned JDB this year but figure there’s a generic stat somewhere maybe.

It wasn’t a run of the mill concussion, bloke was in a pretty bad way.

De Belin's concussion was 3 weeks ago. If he's passed all the tests to be good enough to play, I'm not too worried about it from a captaincy point of view

If I had him I’d be tempted, but wary, as well because I still don’t know who I’m putting the C on.

Jogger might get a run with the arm band!
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:10 am

I'm captaining SJ but would captain JdB if I owned. Either way the move is to get it over and done with Friday night IMO

Really not concerned on the JdB concussion, they don't really work where a guy being KTFO for a couple of mins is automatically worse than a guy who comes off the field on his own. It was weeks ago, there doesn't appear to be any lingering symptoms, that's the main thing. To me it'd be more nerve-racking holding Fifita given he had "delayed concussion symptoms" a few weeks ago and is backing up a few days after Origin.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:17 am

robelgordo wrote:

I just can't do Sloan because it's literally anti-fun for me to watch him. He's got some skills but just so clueless. It's like seeing a puppy trying to across a six lane highway in peak hour traffic

Maybe the only player I've disliked watching more was Chris Leikvoll AKA the slowest player over 0-10m in NRL history

Haha no arguments with you there, he's painful to watch.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:18 am

Need an edge/ctr to field 17 this week currently leaning NAS + fainu -> bird and hands with no real confidence with anything. 8 trades remaining and 66k. Only priorities will be Cleary and fifita post game 3

Does anyone see anything else I'm oblivious to or other avenues you would go down?

Grant
    JDB HAas Carrigan
    Davey Bird
    SJ MOses
    Lemuelu Manu
    Ponga Edwards Teddy

Cook Turpin Elliot Hands

Hynes Bateman Oloapu Bula

Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:25 am

mintotheimmortal wrote:Need an edge/ctr to field 17 this week currently leaning NAS + fainu -> bird and hands with no real confidence with anything. 8 trades remaining and 66k. Only priorities will be Cleary and fifita post game 3

Does anyone see anything else I'm oblivious to or other avenues you would go down?

Grant
    JDB HAas Carrigan
    Davey Bird
    SJ MOses
    Lemuelu Manu
    Ponga Edwards Teddy

Cook Turpin Elliot Hands

Hynes Bateman Oloapu Bula

In a similar boat needing a centre and dont want to buy Bird off an injury.

What I did was just get Cartwright who can play at Edge for you for the week and then bring in Munster. Good cash out and you can stick him a 21 and can be a break glass in case of emergency guy, at least thats my rational. Should be somewhat usefull this week and hopefully next week.

Fifi in a few weeks is who you will want at Edge in a few weeks rather than Bird and you alteady have 4 WFB so not sure if want to be running Lemuelu Manu and Bird.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:31 am

Holzman wrote:

In a similar boat needing a centre and dont want to buy Bird off an injury.

What I did was just get Cartwright who can play at Edge for you for the week and then bring in Munster.

Fifi in a few weeks is who you will want at Edge in a few weeks rather than Bird and you alteady have 4 WFB so not sure if want to be running Lemuelu Manu and Bird.

The deciding factor in choosing bird was the fact lemuelu was benched. If he has lost his starting spot I will need Bird I think as a Lemuelu contingency
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:32 am

123456qwerty wrote:What’s everyone thinking about Lemuelu this week? I’ve heard he may end up starting? I live in NYC so I don’t have the luxury of being able to wait until kick off to make a decision. Thinking of punting him for Timoko or Sami. This would also bank me a bit of cash to be able to upgrade one of my middles to Haas post Origin. Anyone have any other ideas?

best plan, be low enough in trades that you have to run with Lemuelu whatever he does. Then just hope he starts or gets good minutes
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:33 am

Thoughts on:
    Hosking > N.Butcher
    Oloapu > Brimson

with only 2 trades left, main advice would not to stress about byes too much, and focus on players who you'd be happy to have until the end of the season (as good chance that's what will happen)
    So little bit more priority on job security over shot term role/points
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:35 am

Milchcow wrote:

best plan, be low enough in trades that you have to run with Lemuelu whatever he does. Then just hope he starts or gets good minutes
    Where would he come on? 

EDG forwards on the bench scare me
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:37 am

JMK out, SOS in, IKat INT

Coach Wayne Bennett confirmed on Friday that Sean O'Sullivan will make his return from a pectoral injury, partnering Kodi Nikorima in the halves. Isaiya Katoa will drop back to the bench. Jeremy Marshall-King (shoulder) won't feature, however, with Harrison Graham to debut.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/06/19/dolphins-v-eels-osullivan-eyes-return-asi-to-back-up/
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:43 am

WT Winfield wrote:JMK out, SOS in, IKat INT

Coach Wayne Bennett confirmed on Friday that Sean O'Sullivan will make his return from a pectoral injury, partnering Kodi Nikorima in the halves. Isaiya Katoa will drop back to the bench. Jeremy Marshall-King (shoulder) won't feature, however, with Harrison Graham to debut.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/06/19/dolphins-v-eels-osullivan-eyes-return-asi-to-back-up/

Harrison Graham was the Dolphins first signing (dev deal). Then was pretty much injured all 2022 and a fair bit this year.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:50 am

WT Winfield wrote:JMK out, SOS in, IKat INT

What position does Harrison play?

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:55 am