NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 73 - 98% Stand and Applaud

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 73 - 98% Stand and Applaud - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 73 - 98% Stand and Applaud

Post by Bethany_B Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:34 pm

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:

If you had supernatural prescience or the back to the future almanac and knew that Drinkwater was going to outscore Cleary for the rest of the year it would still be the wrong decision.

Explain how please
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 73 - 98% Stand and Applaud - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 73 - 98% Stand and Applaud

Post by Shady2K Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:35 pm

Bethany_B wrote:Am I crazy to be considering buying Drinky at this late stage and fading Cleary?

Reasons for:

* The Cowboys are absolutely rolling everything in front of them, with all of their attack going through him
    * The Cowboys draw is still very good, but they're fighting for a top 8 spot so he won't take it easy
    * I can sell Robson to him in a single trade, while getting Cleary would require two (only have 4 left so this matters)
    * He would be my only Cowboy so his bye wouldn't affect me too much

Reasons against:

* WFB at 850k so big risk of regression
    * Has a bye left while Cleary does not
    * Low floor unlike Cleary

Basically it's Cleary vs Drinky + a trade

Please don’t break another WFB and stick to Cleary and Walsh

On behalf of all Drinky day ones
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:37 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Please don’t break another WFB and stick to Cleary and Walsh

On behalf of all Drinky day ones

I've backed off Walsh because I've decided I'm not going to sell Manu, it's either Robson to Drinky (1 trade) or Robson + one of my cheapies to Cleary and Skelton, and that extra trade is worth a lot to me.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:38 pm

Bethany_B wrote:Am I crazy to be considering buying Drinky at this late stage and fading Cleary?

Reasons for:

* The Cowboys are absolutely rolling everything in front of them, with all of their attack going through him
    * The Cowboys draw is still very good, but they're fighting for a top 8 spot so he won't take it easy
    * I can sell Robson to him in a single trade, while getting Cleary would require two (only have 4 left so this matters)

Reasons against:

I would expect Cleary to outscore Drinkwater for the run home, even if he gets a R27 rest

I guess it comes down to if you think the extra trade/cash is worth it or not, as otherwise you'd want Cleary every time

Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:40 pm

Reasons for:

Reasons against:

It's a total Hail Mary.

Basically you are betting on an 'in form' WFB beating one of the top two fantasy players over 6 rounds (actually 5 rounds but you get someone elses points so it's 6)

If you asked me would DCE, Yeo or SJ beat Cleary over the last 6 rounds to save one of your remaining trades then I would say it's probably worth a punt.

As good as Drinkwater is going he's not Tommy T in 2021

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:46 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Explain how please

Trying not to do a dennis denuto "its the vibe of the thing" but you're comparing an in-form WFB with a guy who has been the consistently best fantasy scoring individual and captain over a long period of time. I would be terrified to be without Cleary for the rest of the year. Drinky might be on a hot streak but I feel like he will still be largely interchangeable with the other gun WFBs in the run home.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:49 pm

Aardvark wrote:

It's a total Hail Mary.

Basically you are betting on an 'in form' WFB beating one of the top two fantasy players over 6 rounds (actually 5 rounds but you get someone elses points so it's 6)

If you asked me would DCE, Yeo or SJ beat Cleary over the last 6 rounds to save one of your remaining trades then I would say it's probably worth a punt.

As good as Drinkwater is going he's not Tommy T in 2021

I don't see much that can stop this Cowboys roll until they play Penrith in the last round, and all of it is going through Drinky. Cleary is great too but Penrith are a more balanced team so it's not all going through him (well it is but he's not always throwing the assist).

I already have SJ, don't really need Yeo (I have a lot of MIDs already), though I don't mind DCE as a shout (though I'm not convinced with Manly as a team).
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:50 pm

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:

Trying not to do a dennis denuto "its the vibe of the thing" but you're comparing an in-form WFB with a guy who has been the consistently best fantasy scoring individual and captain over a long period of time. I would be terrified to be without Cleary for the rest of the year. Drinky might be on a hot streak but I feel like he will still be largely interchangeable with the other gun WFBs in the run home.

Fantasy this year is all vibes, and at this end of the year short term runs are more important than season-long form.
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:57 pm

Enjoy this Tigers fans

Ladder:
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:59 pm

That second half was amazing.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:59 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Fantasy this year is all vibes, and at this end of the year short term runs are more important than season-long form.

Fantasy guns seemingly rising to the top right now. Cleary is up the top. You'd be mad not to have him imo.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:00 pm

mickspicks wrote:

Fantasy guns seemingly rising to the top right now. Cleary is up the top. You'd be mad not to have him imo.

Sure but I'm not convinced it's worth using an extra trade to get Cleary when I can get Drinky (or DCE/Munster alternatively) in one trade and use that extra trade to trade an injured gun later
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:11 pm

Reasons for:

Reasons against:

to answer the question yes you would be

those cons are the most important factors, especially the bye

2 trades is a significant factor, but not getting cleary is too much of a risk imo
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:14 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

to answer the question yes you would be

those cons are the most important factors, especially the bye

2 trades is a significant factor, but not getting cleary is too much of a risk imo

That's fair enough, though now I'm considering DCE in 1 trade over Cleary in 2, doesn't have the low floor and bye that Drinky has, and his draw is great (Dragons this week especially nice as a potential captain)
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:22 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    In the monthly, I am ranked 10th - 41 points behind first place, but only 12 points behind 3rd (and a $250 NRL shop voucher) 1st has a bit of a gap to 2nd, but after that its pretty crowded near the top, and anyone could gain or lose a bunch of places with a few extra points

Should I go POD captain option, in the hope that Hynes and Cleary both fail to fire, and hope I can pick someone to banner and catapult me to the top.
    I'd pretty much use one of my remaining trades to get in a captaincy option. My odds of winning something in the monthly are good enough to risk a slightly worse overall rank if it doesn't come off. Certainly not going to win any prizes for overall.

So who is the best player not Cleary or Hynes to captain this week?
    DCE vs Dragons? Give Drinky a shot vs Titans? Give one of the Dolphins a shot vs the Bulldogs (Hammer? Legitimately captain Isaako)?

If I just stick with Hynes/Cleary and everything else goes well, i could sneak into 2nd/3rd but there's a bunch of people to overtake.

ytsb and snatch also in with a shout at a prize. How are you guys going to play it?

I may have a fairly good idea of 2nd places intentions. . . use all 4 remaining trades plus 200k bank to try and win something. Probably Captain Cleary and back team to be better than 1sts.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:24 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:

I may have a fairly good idea of 2nd places intentions. . . use all 4 remaining trades plus 200k bank to try and win something. Probably Captain Cleary and back team to be better than 1sts.
    Give Aimee our best  Cool
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:25 pm

Beth if you want to punt against Cleary to save a trade, I don't think Drinky is the play (especially with your WFB history).

I'd be betting on DCE/Munster personally, leaning the former but I know you love Munny.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:26 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Beth if you want to punt against Cleary to save a trade, I don't think Drinky is the play (especially with your WFB history).

I'd be betting on DCE/Munster personally, leaning the former but I know you love Munny.

Yeah I'm starting to lean more towards DCE (Munster just doesn't look 100% right now and Manly's draw is better), and that 100k lets me cash out Hands next week if I need to (got my eye on Wayde Egan with that soft Warriors draw)

DCE also makes it easier to cover captaincy without Cleary, as only round 25 doesn't have a clear alternative (Hynes vs Cowboys while DCE and SJ play each other and Haas is on the bye)

22: DCE vs Dragons
    23: SJ vs Titans
    24: Hynes vs Titans
    25: ?
    26: SJ vs Dragons or DCE vs Bulldogs
    27: DCE vs Tigers
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:36 pm

With Garrick's dubious CTR DPP being awarded, I now find myself with a surplus of CTRs and WFBs.

CTR: Lomax, Manu, Garrick, Lemuelu, Kris
    WFB: Teddy, Meaney, Ponga, Manu, Garrick, Kris, Bula (getting traded this week)

With all of this cattle, I feel like I can move Manu on with Bula to facilitate Cleary. Trading them both out would leave me with

CTR: Lomax + Lemuelu
    WFB: Teddy, Meaney, Garrick
    INT: Ponga
    RES: Kris

It would mean I can run Cleary/Hynes/SJ in the halves, with Ponga as crazy backup (not to mention Hands). 

What do you guys think? Bula + Manu + 296k gets me Cleary + 601k. I could either spend the 601k on an underpriced middy, or look to cashout to keep some cash for a future (injury) trade.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:41 pm

Snatchpato wrote:With Garrick's dubious CTR DPP being awarded, I now find myself with a surplus of CTRs and WFBs.

CTR: Lomax, Manu, Garrick, Lemuelu, Kris
    WFB: Teddy, Meaney, Ponga, Manu, Garrick, Kris, Bula (getting traded this week)

With all of this cattle, I feel like I can move Manu on with Bula to facilitate Cleary. Trading them both out would leave me with

CTR: Lomax + Lemuelu
    WFB: Teddy, Meaney, Garrick
    INT: Ponga
    RES: Kris

It would mean I can run Cleary/Hynes/SJ in the halves, with Ponga as crazy backup (not to mention Hands). 

What do you guys think? Bula + Manu + 296k gets me Cleary + 601k. I could either spend the 601k on an underpriced middy, or look to cashout to keep some cash for a future (injury) trade.

Yep I'd do that

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:09 am