NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 77 - The Oprah Round

Shady2K
    Shady2K

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 77 - The Oprah Round - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 77 - The Oprah Round

Post by Shady2K Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:08 pm

my tv broke wrote:

in most cases a lot of outside backs are used to playing different positions anyway, as well as halves generally have some hooker experience/vice versa.

its really just the teams like parra/sharks that stack a bench with 4 big fellas, that gives them very little flexibility if there are injuries.

eh sorry this is some boring/tedious chat on my behalf

As an Eels supporter it frustrates me to no end

BA often doesn’t use a bench player, or plays a few of them for 10 minutes each
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 77 - The Oprah Round - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 77 - The Oprah Round

Post by Milchcow Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:12 pm

Shady2K wrote:
    my tv broke wrote:

in most cases a lot of outside backs are used to playing different positions anyway, as well as halves generally have some hooker experience/vice versa.

its really just the teams like parra/sharks that stack a bench with 4 big fellas, that gives them very little flexibility if there are injuries.

eh sorry this is some boring/tedious chat on my behalf

As an Eels supporter it frustrates me to no end

BA often doesn’t use a bench player, or plays a few of them for 10 minutes each

These days it shouldn't be surprising to have unused bench players

If you have a back utility on the bench to cover HIAs/injuries. Then if you don't get any HIAs/injuries - why would you necessarily use that player?

Just give them a run to feel special? If your forwards can get through the game with 1 less i the rotation, no need to put your utility on the field just for the sake of it.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:28 pm

Wow hit the jackpot

The one week Robson is out I'll be able to play Soni Luke lol

Was looking at trading Robson but will just hold now
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:07 pm

Milchcow wrote:

These days it shouldn't be surprising to have unused bench players

If you have a back utility on the bench to cover HIAs/injuries. Then if you don't get any HIAs/injuries - why would you necessarily use that player?

Just give them a run to feel special? If your forwards can get through the game with 1 less i the rotation, no need to put your utility on the field just for the sake of it.

That’s what I mean though there’s no point in having just a back

Like how Freddy carried Gutho on the bench lol

Rather genuine utilities who can play both forwards and backs, or have flexibility in your squad. A number of times this year Hopgood has played 80 when he shouldn’t have and missed a tackle to lose the game, as an example 

Anyway, Eels suck
    Robertneville
    Robertneville

Post by Robertneville Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:10 pm

Chewie wrote:

The last round is going to be interesting
    I've got 2 Eels + Cleary + 2 red dot + 1 trade remaining

The Bludger#2 wrote:

I'll see your 2 Eels and add another 1 (Moses, Matto & Hopgood) + Cleary + 4 red dots + 1 trade remaining.
    (#Ireallydon'tgetfantasytrading)

Strength in solidarity boys, you are not alone. I've also got 3 Eels and at least 4 guaranteed red dots in round 27 with only 1 trade remaining...
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:55 pm

Confirmation of Luai and Kenny out for the Panthers. Cogger and Sommerton in respectively.

Jenkins still in reserves so it’s at least a slim possibility that Edwards could be out with Crichton going to FB?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:00 pm

Can tell we are definitely getting to the end of season in here, always sad when we are just a couple of weeks away from the off season.  To keep some discussions going, I'm toying with a few options.  4 trades and 124K.  Team is;

Grant
    Hop Horse McInnes
    Fifita Bateman
    Cleary SJ
    Null Manu
    Ted Ponga Garrick

DCE Hynes Penis Avo

Drinkwater Hands VTW Colq

My options I'm tossing about all involve tossing Penis Hands;

A. Latrell and Russell.  Don't need another WFB but adds Russell who looks playable.  Latrell looks the goods too and could help fain some ranks.

B. Tino and Hutch.  Makes sense for team balance and gets cover everywhere. Hutch may or may not be playable.

C. Haas and Wong.  For some reason I find Haas an uninteresting pick this late with a bumper next week, but........it's Haas.  Wong playable this week at least.

D.  Keep Penis and Hands and single trade Drinkwater to anyone.

Any ideas or something I've missed?  Cheers all.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:07 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Confirmation of Luai and Kenny out for the Panthers. Cogger and Sommerton in respectively.

Jenkins still in reserves so it’s at least a slim possibility that Edwards could be out with Crichton going to FB?

Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:14 pm

wolfking wrote:Can tell we are definitely getting to the end of season in here, always sad when we are just a couple of weeks away from the off season.  To keep some discussions going, I'm toying with a few options.  4 trades and 124K.  Team is;

Grant
    Hop Horse McInnes
    Fifita Bateman
    Cleary SJ
    Null Manu
    Ted Ponga Garrick

DCE Hynes Penis Avo

A. Latrell and Russell.  Don't need another WFB but adds Russell who looks playable.  Latrell looks the goods too and could help fain some ranks.

B. Tino and Hutch.  Makes sense for team balance and gets cover everywhere. Hutch may or may not be playable.

C. Haas and Wong.  For some reason I find Haas an uninteresting pick this late with a bumper next week, but........it's Haas.  Wong playable this week at least.

I’d be keeping your trades and using Drinky to loop.
    You’ve got 4 trades.
    Rd 27 you’ve got Hopgood, Hands and Penis on a bye, plus any potential resting that may occur.
    At most I’d do a single trade of Hands to Russell or Wong.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:18 pm

Chucky wrote:
    I’d be keeping your trades and using Drinky to loop.
    You’ve got 4 trades.
    Rd 27 you’ve got Hopgood, Hands and Penis on a bye, plus any potential resting that may occur.
    At most I’d do a single trade of Hands to Russell or Wong.

Interesting thought on just the one trade of Hands to a cheapie. I don't mind that.  I thought though 4 trades is more than most and at rank 698, need another gun this week.  Using 2 on Hands and Penis only leaves Hopgood needing trading in 27.

I appreciate this perspective though.

Edit: hmmm.....can even just do Hands to Ming or Elliot.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:06 pm

If you trade Hands, Wolfy you are ok with having no hooker cover? You can’t trust Robbo so I would Go Dan Russell over Wong. E. Butcher could be back starting next week.

Then again re hooker I guess you do not need cover as you have 4 trades left before making any this week.

I’ve had M. King the last month happy with him. He’s avg not far off 50 for me.

I would just do the 1 trade personally. M. King means not as much bank left whilst Russell means more cash spare. Obviously M. King has the better job security.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:09 pm

I currently have my back 5 as….

Lemu Penis
    Garrick Manu Ponga

Hynes DCE Hopgood Kris
    Edwards M. King Cheese Colouqhun

TU: Keep Edwards in the loop
    TD: Put Garrick in loop and play Edwards

If either flop in the loop would you play M. King or risk it on Cheese @wolfking

I have 1 trade left but not using it this week.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:42 pm

I would play Edwards this week over Garrick. And if Garrick bombs in the loop I’d play Ming. 

That’s how I’d do it this week
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:30 am

I have Kris and Lomax both injured (Lomax TBC on Casualty Ward, has anyone heard anything?). His price is inflated so I can do Kris + Lomax to Suaalii + Grant. Leaves me only one trade remaining, with Hopgood/Hands definite last round outs. Quite risky but I don't see the value in holding either injured player unless I hear Lomax is short term out. What's the thoughts?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:44 am

Rabbits21 wrote:If you trade Hands, Wolfy you are ok with having no hooker cover? You can’t trust Robbo so I would Go Dan Russell over Wong. E. Butcher could be back starting next week.

Then again re hooker I guess you do not need cover as you have 4 trades left before making any this week.

I’ve had M. King the last month happy with him. He’s avg not far off 50 for me.

I would just do the 1 trade personally. M. King means not as much bank left whilst Russell means more cash spare. Obviously M. King has the better job security.

Thanks mate. True point about Robbo. Russell does look like he's cemented that spot on the other hand. King is solid, but as you say it's if the extra cash could be handy.

I'm not too worried about the cover. Hands would only be a few points anyway if Grant for some reason missed a game.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:45 am

Rabbits21 wrote:I currently have my back 5 as….

Lemu Penis
    Garrick Manu Ponga

Hynes DCE Hopgood Kris
    Edwards M. King Cheese Colouqhun

TU: Keep Edwards in the loop
    TD: Put Garrick in loop and play Edwards

If either flop in the loop would you play M. King or risk it on Cheese @wolfking

I have 1 trade left but not using it this week.

Flip a coin on the loop mate but based on recent scoring, I'd lean Edwards.

I'd easily play Ming over Cheese.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:53 am

Snatchpato wrote:I have Kris and Lomax both injured (Lomax TBC on Casualty Ward, has anyone heard anything?). His price is inflated so I can do Kris + Lomax to Suaalii + Grant. Leaves me only one trade remaining, with Hopgood/Hands definite last round outs. Quite risky but I don't see the value in holding either injured player unless I hear Lomax is short term out. What's the thoughts?

Might be worth trading Hands over Kris as he's a chance to return round 27?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:37 am

Ivan will probably increase Luke's mins to 20.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:21 am

wolfking wrote:Can tell we are definitely getting to the end of season in here, always sad when we are just a couple of weeks away from the off season.  To keep some discussions going, I'm toying with a few options.  4 trades and 124K.  Team is;

Grant
    Hop Horse McInnes
    Fifita Bateman
    Cleary SJ
    Null Manu
    Ted Ponga Garrick

DCE Hynes Penis Avo

tough one mate. I think B is the weakest option despite tino playing all remaining games.

Latrell and Haas both have a bye, and wong v Russell is pretty meh. Neither would be playable.

Personally I'd take Haas as he is just immense and Latrell can often go mia and you need the MID cover more than WFB.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:25 am

Welsh Mafia wrote:

tough one mate. I think B is the weakest option despite tino playing all remaining games.

Latrell and Haas both have a bye, and wong v Russell is pretty meh. Neither would be playable.

Personally I'd take Haas as he is just immense and Latrell can often go mia and you need the MID cover more than WFB.

Russell is getting 40s pretty comfortably and with Bird injured/JDB suspended can’t see many issues with job security

Great 18th man if you have upcoming byes

Current date/time is Sat Oct 19, 2024 2:54 pm