NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82 - Baggie Time

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82  - Baggie Time - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82 - Baggie Time

Post by White Lightning Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:16 pm

No Worries wrote:Great to see players are going that extra mile in the off season to ensure it isn't just train the house down stories.

St George Illawarra Dragons five-eighth Talatau Amone has reportedly been found guilty of a hammer assault in Wollongong late last year.

Wests Tigers teenager charged with brutal murder of underworld figure

send amone to prison & give the wests teenager a public parade for his good deed
    Finch
    Finch

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82  - Baggie Time - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82 - Baggie Time

Post by Finch Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:32 pm

easytiger wrote:Hey @Finch, I'm really sorry, mate, it's such a hard time to go through and those that touch our lives leave such a big hole.
    I know exactly what you mean about the sudden loss of routines and habits - I lost my pet cat earlier this year in April, she was with us for 20 years and even though six months have passed, it still feels pretty raw. Her coat was mostly black, so for many weeks I'd catch these black objects in the corner of my eye and think they were her. It takes time to adjust to the loss.

In many ways I think it's our shared grief that truly connects us as people, life can be so fragile, that it makes it so very important to celebrate each moment you spend with the people/creatures you care for, and to try and find a smile (amongst the tears) for those that have left us.

Be kind and patient with yourself, and talk/share where you can.
    Kia kaha

Thanks mate for the kind words, and again thanks to everyone here on the forum.

Emotions are coming and going right now, I'm certainly trying to distract myself doing certain things I enjoy, but he's still on my mind. At work earlier today someone basically said "Hey sorry to hear about your cat, how old was he?" and that set me off, I couldn't answer her. I find the days harder than the nights, not sure why but just something I noticed. Just coming home from work earlier, I knew he wasn't here but I looked around in the usual spots, just in case.

20 years is one hell of an innings mate, that's a beautiful run. What got her in the end? And what was her name?

Here's an imgur link I uploaded earlier with a few photos of my guy

https://imgur.com/a/3z1iW4y
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:37 pm

Aardvark wrote:Best wishes @finch. There is no 'right' way to work through it other than time but keeping busy helps a little bit. Just do what you need to do (talk, grieve etc.) and keep posting about him if you need to.

Thank you very much.

There's certainly certain moments that are much harder from me, waking up this morning I thought he was on my bed for a split second, instead it was a piece of clothing.

Also some noises I think (Again for a split second) "Oh it's him!" But nope.

It's really hard. I hope he knew how much I loved him. I wish I could hug him again, and somehow speak to him.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:43 am

After me taking the piss all season about Brenko Lee looking like a concreter he has just started a civvy job to tide him over between contracts……as a concreter 😳

You couldn’t make it up….actually you probably can, I did 🙃
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:00 am

Aardvark wrote:After me taking the piss all season about Brenko Lee looking like a concreter he has just started a civvy job to tide him over between contracts……as a concreter 😳

You couldn’t make it up….actually you probably can, I did 🙃

I genuinely thought he and VTW did concreting together ? A year or two back? Now im really confused.

Was it just VTW? Or did he not either? I didnt watch the dolphins doco, but i thought that was something they talked about. Or am i just imagining it all because of your made up stories hahaha
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:58 am

my tv broke wrote:

I genuinely thought he and VTW did concreting together ? A year or two back? Now im really confused.

Was it just VTW? Or did he not either? I didnt watch the dolphins doco, but i thought that was something they talked about. Or am i just imagining it all because of your made up stories hahaha

Maybe they did….I haven’t watched the Dolphins doco and just based my bullshit on thinking ‘put a rollie in the corner of his mouth and a pair of gum boots on him and Brenko looks like a 45 yr old concreter’ 😂
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:04 am

VTW was a groundsman for the club. Mowing the field, I guess maybe fixing seats and stuff?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:18 am

Aardvark wrote:
    my tv broke wrote:

I didnt watch the dolphins doco, but i thought that was something they talked about.

Maybe they did….I haven’t watched the Dolphins doco

Quality off season posting !
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:24 pm

Hahah ok so yeah the concreting thing was all aarkvark, which makes the fact hes actually concreting right now pretty amazing.

Unless.. i heard it from an old mate who works construction, he loved brenko and had a few con'creature' mates. Maybe its all true afterall. I know he was mates with Sami Sauiluma who once played for the raiders, and sami worked construction with him more recently. And brenko was at the raiders..Fucks me.

What a time to be alive
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:50 pm

Finch wrote:

Thanks mate for the kind words, and again thanks to everyone here on the forum.

Emotions are coming and going right now, I'm certainly trying to distract myself doing certain things I enjoy, but he's still on my mind. At work earlier today someone basically said "Hey sorry to hear about your cat, how old was he?" and that set me off, I couldn't answer her. I find the days harder than the nights, not sure why but just something I noticed. Just coming home from work earlier, I knew he wasn't here but I looked around in the usual spots, just in case.

20 years is one hell of an innings mate, that's a beautiful run. What got her in the end? And what was her name?

Here's an imgur link I uploaded earlier with a few photos of my guy

https://imgur.com/a/3z1iW4y

Nice pics mate.

Last edited by Revraiser on Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:49 pm

my tv broke wrote:Hahah ok so yeah the concreting thing was all aarkvark, which makes the fact hes actually concreting right now pretty amazing.

Unless.. i heard it from an old mate who works construction, he loved brenko and had a few con'creature' mates. Maybe its all true afterall. I know he was mates with Sami Sauiluma who once played for the raiders, and sami worked construction with him more recently. And brenko was at the raiders..Fucks me.

What a time to be alive

Believe it or not after posting that I saw Big Payne Haas at Paddo shops today getting lunch with……. Badum1 VTW . I asked him about the concreting but he told me to get fucked and threw a gumboot at me*

*some artistic license may have been taken as that anecdote progressed
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:10 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Believe it or not after posting that I saw Big Payne Haas at Paddo shops today getting lunch with……. Badum1 VTW .

HAAS TO DOLPHINS CONFIRMED
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:02 pm

Wow, I also lost my boy Tuesday morning Finchy, and also stomach cancer.  Sprinkles was just shy of 15 and over the last couple of weeks I was at the point where I was seriously considering having him put to sleep at home.  I had a critical audit to prepare for Monday, so put the decision on the back burner and it was almost like he held on for me to get through the audit, as I found him first thing Tuesday morning.  

When I got home Monday night he was sleeping in a spot he had never slept in before-outside my Youngest girls closed door so it felt like he knew.  She is 23 now so hasn't lived here for years but there he was; She was always his favourite.

I laid him to rest Tuesday arvo under his favourite tree.  I know cats are good at hiding their pain, but he only ever seemed uncomfortable, not overly distressed, which is probably why I left the decision so long.

Sorry to yourself and everyone else who has lost their little mates recently.

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82  - Baggie Time - Page 17 49864010
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:21 am

Aardvark wrote:

Believe it or not after posting that I saw Big Payne Haas at Paddo shops today getting lunch with……. Badum1 VTW . I asked him about the concreting but he told me to get fucked and threw a gumboot at me*

Hes recently joined ashgrove golf club. He intro'd himself to my mate there 'hey my names payne i just joined up'. Mates like, we fuckin know who you are brother lol
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:30 am

Aardvark wrote:

Were they getting a 4 and 20 traveller and Dare Iced coffee ?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:34 am

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82  - Baggie Time - Page 17 0s4zzBGh
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:15 am

my tv broke wrote:

Hes recently joined ashgrove golf club. He intro'd himself to my mate there 'hey my names payne i just joined up'. Mates like, we fuckin know who you are brother lol

He lives across the road from my regular coffee shop (which is about 300 mtrs from the Broncos) and drives a massive red RAM....which doesn't look out of proportion when he's in the driver seat. VTW actually looks like a kid IRL.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:17 am

No Worries wrote:

Were they getting a 4 and 20 traveller and Dare Iced coffee ?

Designer toasted sangers.....not sure you'd be able to get a traveller in Paddington and if you did it would be a sit down one with full crockery/cutlery set up (you know it's only right)
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:51 am

The Penrith Panthers have upped their offer to Jarome Luai, tabling the star five-eighth a two-year, $1.7 million deal to keep him at the club until the end of 2026.

Luai, who is off contract at the Panthers at the end of 2024, held a meeting with Penrith powerbrokers 11 days ago, when he was told of the club’s increased spending capacity.

The Panthers’ salary cap position is tight due to big-money deals with Nathan Cleary (estimated at $1.3 million per year), Dylan Edwards ($850,000), James Fisher-Harris ($950,000), Liam Martin ($750,000) and Isaah Yeo ($850,000).

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/panthers-offer-jarome-luai-two-year-1-7m-deal-as-rivals-circle-20231024-p5eejx.html
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:52 am

So a fair bit has been happening at Manly I probs do not have it all covered here either….

Sameulu Fainu gone to Tigers
    Morgan Harper gone to Parra
    Kelma Tuilagi gone to Parra
    Sean Keppie strong talk he’s coming to us

Off contract… Weekes, Boyle, Woods…. All probs going.

Gains….
    Luke Brooks
    Aitasi James
    Jaxson Paulo
    Tommy Talau
    Corey Waddell
    Nathan Brown rumour

I would say they have paid overs on all of Kelma, Keppie and Harper that’s why they are letting them go due to cap pressure I reckon. But they’ll have to pay a bit of their deals to play elsewhere probs. Same if we get Keppie.

Then apart from Brooks and Talau I think they’re signing all minimum wage kind of players due to having such a top heavy cap in Turbo, DCE, Jurbo, Haumole, Schuster. Koula wouldn’t come cheap either with his potential and guys like Paseka and L. Croker have probs been upgraded a bit too.

Zero tackle reports Aloiai 600k, DCE 1.2mil, Brooks 700k, Schuster 800k, Turbo 1.1mil, Jurbo 950k, Haumole 650k and getting upgraded the year after.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:51 am