NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82 - Baggie Time

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82  - Baggie Time - Page 31 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82 - Baggie Time

Post by robelgordo Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:26 am

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/dec/07/mark-nawaqanitawase-wallabies-defects-to-sydney-roosters-nrl-2023-rugby-league

My suggested headline: Roosters sign average first grade winger

Amazing how they seamlessly bring in Dom Young and this guy, I guess Suallii and maybe Tupou will leave after 2024, but it's ridiculous how well Roosters are able to manage this stuff.

I don't even think it's cheating as such (only exploiting loopholes), I just think players are getting paid enough they will accept less to be in the right culture. Which leads to the gap widening, rich get richer stuff, etc.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82  - Baggie Time - Page 31 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82 - Baggie Time

Post by my tv broke Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:35 am

robelgordo wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/dec/07/mark-nawaqanitawase-wallabies-defects-to-sydney-roosters-nrl-2023-rugby-league

My suggested headline: Roosters sign average first grade winger

Amazing how they seamlessly bring in Dom Young and this guy, I guess Suallii and maybe Tupou will leave after 2024, but it's ridiculous how well Roosters are able to manage this stuff.

I don't even think it's cheating as such (only exploiting loopholes), I just think players are getting paid enough they will accept less to be in the right culture. Which leads to the gap widening, rich get richer stuff, etc.

i have no idea who that is. what would he be on? 250k or something?

but you're right. A cheap deal at the roosters is much more appealing than one at a bottom 4 sydney club for the same money, like say.. souths.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:16 pm

I think this year I'm going to steer clear of players who sign multi year mega deals. They have at least 2 years of plodding before they either get a swap deal which for them is the same money or signed a reduced contract after making their nest egg
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:23 pm

Warriors looking quality next year, Capewell confirmed signed (in addition to RTS in and AFB staying for the year)

Piakura fantasy stocks 📈📈
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:10 pm

Great news for the Warriors, that's a strong looking pack!    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82  - Baggie Time - Page 31 1f60d  NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82  - Baggie Time - Page 31 1f60d  NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82  - Baggie Time - Page 31 1f60d
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:12 pm

In other news..... Four years, four fucking years, I've avoided Covid, bastard got me this week.

Fucking sucks
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:36 pm

Probably a win/win for the Broncos and the Warriors there.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:19 pm

my tv broke wrote:

but you're right. A cheap deal at the roosters is much more appealing than one at a bottom 4 sydney club for the same money, like say.. souths.

No idea what he would make, either in rugby or NRL. Definitely though he ain't code jumping to the Dragons or Tigers.

Suspect they'll be a bit of RUGBY SUPERSTAR headlines until he debuts, when everyone realises that translates to maybe 17th best winger in the NRL (at least initially)
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:21 pm

No Worries wrote:I think this year I'm going to steer clear of players who sign multi year mega deals. They have at least 2 years of plodding before they either get a swap deal which for them is the same money or signed a reduced contract after making their nest egg

In semi-related news, Haumole just signed a six year extension. His current contract has two years to run. So he's locked in for EIGHT SEASONS. Until he is 33 years old.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:22 pm

my tv broke wrote:

There is no way this mockingbockingwilly RU guy is gonna be on peanuts at the Rorters pull my other leg whilst you’re at it would be in the vicinity of double 250k easily.

I’m with Robelgordo I’ve had a gutful they were gonna be releasing one of Suaali or Angus early how convenient they’re now staying along with JWH and Tupou. Apparently JWH has taken a pay cut from 800k to 250k again that’s like cmon man like people are gonna believe that enter Uncle Nick. Then I thought we’ll surely Connor Watson will go too and then they keep him and all they’ve released is cheap as chips players the price of a Family Feast from KFC and they still have to replace those players. Plus they’ve addded Dom Young and Leniu that’s another 1 mil combined. Yeah right many can see it’s not adding up! Total bullshit but nothing new I hate these filthy rotten latte sipping scum cheats from Bondi more and more each year I know the feeling is mutual too…… look at their roster on paper no way it’s under the cap no way at all! If they aren’t top 2 with that roster it’s a massive fail.

And yes I’m grumpy and more fired up than usual we are moving house today I’m just sitting down for a minute it’s been a nightmare didn’t get to bed at all last night. I’ve done my back in a bit too which isn’t good.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:25 pm

robelgordo wrote:

In semi-related news, Haumole just signed a six year extension. His current contract has two years to run. So he's locked in for EIGHT SEASONS. Until he is 33 years old.
    Haumole is quality but he’s not worth 1 mil. Lol that’s 1.8mil a season now on Haumole and Schuster. It’s just making their cap more top heavy.

I believe Keaon at Souths is on 600-650k next season and it goes up to 800k a season the following 2 years
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:27 pm

Young Rabs making up scenarios in his head and then getting made about them, a classic combo
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:41 pm

my tv broke wrote:Young Rabs making up scenarios in his head and then getting made about them, a classic combo

We've all gotta start somewhere

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82  - Baggie Time - Page 31 41ardYm8bpL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:09 pm

Surely a kfc family feast goes for a lot these days. The other day if I wanted to upsize my zinger stacker box it wouldve cost me $21 which felt like a rort
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:18 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    There is no way this mockingbockingwilly RU guy is gonna be on peanuts at the Rorters pull my other leg whilst you’re at it would be in the vicinity of double 250k easily.

I’m with Robelgordo I’ve had a  gutful they were gonna be releasing one of Suaali or Angus early how convenient they’re now staying along with JWH and Tupou. Apparently JWH has taken a pay cut from 800k to 250k again that’s like cmon man like people are gonna believe that enter Uncle Nick. Then I thought we’ll surely Connor Watson will go too and then they keep him and all they’ve released is cheap as chips players the price of a Family Feast from KFC and they still have to replace those players. Plus they’ve addded Dom Young and Leniu that’s another 1 mil combined. Yeah right many can see it’s not adding up! Total bullshit but nothing new I hate these filthy rotten latte sipping scum cheats from Bondi more and more each year I know the feeling is mutual too…… look at their roster on paper no way it’s under the cap no way at all! If they aren’t top 2 with that roster it’s a massive fail.

And yes I’m grumpy and more fired up than usual we are moving house today I’m just sitting down for a minute it’s been a nightmare didn’t get to bed at all last night. I’ve done my back in a bit too which isn’t good.

Calm down, dude. Not our fault you took our hothead centre and spunked a quarter of your cap on him and now you can't even make the playoffs because he can't stay on the field.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:53 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Calm down, dude. Not our fault you took our hothead centre and spunked a quarter of your cap on him and now you can't even make the playoffs because he can't stay on the field.

You fix that by signing a hot head ctr on another qtr of the cap from canberra
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:57 am

Alex McKinnon’s hot takes are like stepping in hours old dog spew just inside the front door after a night out.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:57 am

Also someone needs to explain how the salary cap works to Rabbits, you use actual salaries not the ones you make up to suit your narrative.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:36 am

Rabbits21 wrote:

I’m with Robelgordo I’ve had a  gutful they were gonna be releasing one of Suaali or Angus early how convenient they’re now staying along with JWH and Tupou. Apparently JWH has taken a pay cut from 800k to 250k again that’s like cmon man like people are gonna believe that enter Uncle Nick. Then I thought we’ll surely Connor Watson will go too and then they keep him and all they’ve released is cheap as chips players the price of a Family Feast from KFC and they still have to replace those players. Plus they’ve addded Dom Young and Leniu that’s another 1 mil combined. Yeah right many can see it’s not adding up! Total bullshit but nothing new I hate these filthy rotten latte sipping scum cheats from Bondi more and more each year I know the feeling is mutual too…… look at their roster on paper no way it’s under the cap no way at all! If they aren’t top 2 with that roster it’s a massive fail.

Roosters squad looks good because we aren't paying Shaq Mitchell 500k for being Latrell's brother
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:04 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

I don't understand the "mockingbockingwill" reference?

Anyway, Daily Telegraph reporting that Mark Nawaqanitawase is on a $900k over 2 year contract.

I've probably said this before, so at the risk of being a broken record;
    I don't think the Roosters are cheating the cap.
    I do think the Roosters are possibly the greatest exponent of providing players benefits outside of the cap that relates to setting them up for life after footy - be it education/mentorship, business and financial nous and those other intangibles that are probably in no way a breach of the cap rules, but offer meaningful benefits to the players.

It seems to me that the players maybe earn less in the short term than they would at an inferior club (looking at your Wests Tigers etc) but that they are assisted to make better financial decisions that in the long term set them up for their family and life after football, plus they get to play with a quality club that has their shit together and usually plays finals football.
    The club benefits, but the players win too - is that the club or players fault?

Is it the Roosters fault that other organisations are not as holistically well-managed?
    It's probably more on the troubled clubs to raise their game.
    The Roosters aren't alone in this department and clubs like the Storm, Panthers, Broncos understand their strengths and are able to operate in a manner that maximises every aspect across the organisation and this has resulted in sustained success.

In terms of JWH - he's 34 years old.
    It's pretty standard for a player in their twilight to get paid a lot less than in their peak. I'm pretty sure Benji Marshall (who once commanded close to a mil) was sub $200k in his last year at Souths for example.

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:54 am