NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:06 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Schneider @ 468k would be next in line to partner cleary he's not a bad player went quite good at the raiders.

I think Dane Laurie would be a better shot, No? Luai not going anywhere until 2025 in any case
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

Post by Revraiser Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:49 am

Somebody help me, rude caaarnt bus driver was cranky with the Mrs recently. What's the story with needing to waive down a bus when Ur already standing at the bus stop ? And cannot read the bus number until it's close and stopping. I find this ludicrous.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:32 am

Fuck me I hate all this Dave Warner show. Such a wanker.

How the hell we can justify saying anything vaguely positive about a cheating arsehole who single-handedly dragged Australian cricket down to the lowest point its ever been is beyond me. Mitch Johnson was bang on the money - Warner is a humiliation.

Someone outghta shit in his baggy greens and whack it down on his mud-dumb head.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:42 am

I am no warner fan (at a personal level?) but he didnt do any of that single-handedly 

CA are likely thankful to him for taking 90% of the heat

The bans (severity) were outrageous though

Great cricketing career although he was always fairly poor OS
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:56 am

my tv broke wrote:I am no warner fan (at a personal level?) but he didnt do any of that single-handedly 

CA are likely thankful to him for taking 90% of the heat

The bans (severity) were outrageous though

Great cricketing career although he was always fairly poor OS

Yeah, he didn't do it single-handedly. He got some poor young kid to take the risk, the blame and the punishment.

I meant that nothing would've happened without him as a 'senior' team member making it possible behind a weak captain.

Warner is an utter embarrassment of an Australian.

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:25 am

lets be honest aussie cricket has had some controversies like the ian chappell underarm at the mcg...if they are losing they get very sour & resort to any means possible to win & that includes cheating.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:41 am

White Lightning wrote:lets be honest aussie cricket has had some controversies like the ian chappell underarm at the mcg...if they are losing they get very sour & resort to any means possible to win & that includes cheating.

Trevor on the orders of Greg! Ian was the only innocent Chappell in that whole incident..
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:49 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

Yeah, he didn't do it single-handedly. He got some poor young kid to take the risk, the blame and the punishment.

I meant that nothing would've happened without him as a 'senior' team member making it possible behind a weak captain.

Warner is an utter embarrassment of an Australian.

I moreso meant that those three weren't the only ones who knew about it, nor was it the first time it happened. Nor were the Aussies the only ones partaking.

Again, I don't care for Warner, but it was such a massive over-reaction in the grand scheme.
    Blindside
    Blindside

Post by Blindside Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:26 pm

Found this content creator on it already. https://youtu.be/0v8jQwSkZ6I?si=hmCAJJ-CP11VDe2h
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:47 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Trevor on the orders of Greg! Ian was the only innocent Chappell in that whole incident..

Marsh was pretty disgusted with it too but the funny thing about it was B. McKechnie was facing & the MCG had massive boundaries & McKechnie was not a big hitter of the ball so they could have just bowled a normal delivery.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:35 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:Fuck me I hate all this Dave Warner show. Such a wanker.

How the hell we can justify saying anything vaguely positive about a cheating arsehole who single-handedly dragged Australian cricket down to the lowest point its ever been is beyond me. Mitch Johnson was bang on the money - Warner is a humiliation.

Someone outghta shit in his baggy greens and whack it down on his mud-dumb head.

Unlike you, a lot of people don't think that one mistake should discount everything the man has done
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:41 pm

My objection to Warner is based around the fact that despite playing 'hard' he always had such a thin skin and a humourless self serious interview style (plus a bit of the cheating stuff). TBF to him he was sort of encouraged to play this role by CA in an effort to emulate the humourless shunts like Matt Hayden from our successful 60s/00s era. He seems to have toned this down a bit in recent times i.e. not biting at every perceived or real slight. Pretty good at cricket as well.

As an Aardvark anecdote aside I remember Hayden when he was a podgy little schoolboy with no mates (lots of people claim to have been his mate once he became successful) winning the 'most religious kiddie' award at school. He was still pretty fucken' good at cricket then though.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:09 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I moreso meant that those three weren't the only ones who knew about it, nor was it the first time it happened. Nor were the Aussies the only ones partaking.

Again, I don't care for Warner, but it was such a massive over-reaction in the grand scheme.

Yeah this

Whole of Australia are like “Warner and Bancroft done it that one time, case closed, glad that sorry chapter ended let’s move along” which is fuckin naive.

his manager has alluded to Warner taking all the bullets

At a guess would say at a minimum any bowler who’d had a Test for Australia in that series would know. But could’ve been sandpapering balls for years

I can’t see how the bowlers didn’t know. I played a bunch of suburban park cricket as a slow medium and I’d reckon I’d have noticed…
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:22 pm

Also agree with @Aardvark in that pre sandpaper gate Warner just seemed like a thin skinned baby. Could dish out and that was bants to stay on the field, but couldn’t take it (complaining to radio stations, trying to fight de Kock, etc)
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:17 pm

And mysteriously, no team in world cricket can reverse the older ball since that saga.. lol
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:56 pm

my tv broke wrote:And mysteriously, no team in world cricket can reverse the older ball since that saga.. lol

Yeah the science of reverse swing is possible in theory, but I reckon in practice its due to illegally roughing up the ball lol

Not saying every country was sandpapering, but the old zipper or fingernail for sure. And the OGs went the bottle top
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:13 am

Wouldn't life be boring if people did not sandpaper their balls, tax someone's silly green hat with the fancy embroidery, and throw in a downvote against sanctimony every now and then? I see and acknowledge you kents. Stand tall and be proud Laughing
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:49 am

My biggest problem with Warner is that he isn't as good as he thinks he is. Announced retirement what 18 months out and thinks he deserves a fairwell tour? 2 decent scores in the best part of 3 years. He doesn't belong in the Ponting, Waugh category who deserve to go out on their own terms
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:01 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:My biggest problem with Warner is that he isn't as good as he thinks he is. Announced retirement what 18 months out and thinks he deserves a fairwell tour? 2 decent scores in the best part of 3 years. He doesn't belong in the Ponting, Waugh category who deserve to go out on their own terms

Selectors could have punted him at any time though.

I dont really think theres a stand out replacement, and that's part of why nothing has changed sooner. I'd go Renshaw, but there is some bias there. I think they'll pick Bancroft. Imo, theyre the only two worth considering.

Nice for whoever gets the gig to do some early stat padding vs the windies first up
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:26 am

I thought we were supposed to be talking about footy.

Where's the wild speculation?? Matt? This time of the year is right up your alley mate. Give me some content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:09 pm