NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

Post by robelgordo Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:57 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:The quote btw from an interview with Riccio.

DR: I do like the signing of former Warrior Josh Curran. Will he wear the Canterbury No.13 jersey in 2024?

CC: Nothing is locked in at the moment, but when we first met Josh he definitely made it clear that his favourite position was that lock role. We are very aware of what he can offer our team in that role. He’s slotted in there in the pre-season with Kurt Mann an option there as well. They’ve both shown what they can do with the ball in hand, but also their intent in defence. Josh is pretty versatile too, he did a good job for the Warriors in the back row, so we’ve got options there.

I interpret that as more Curran in the middle but can fill an edge if needed.

No way can you interpret that quote to mean Curran starts EDG and Mann LCK lol. Thanks for posting it for the clarification.
    Alfie
    Alfie

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

Post by Alfie Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:13 pm

robelgordo wrote:

No way can you interpret that quote to mean Curran starts EDG and Mann LCK lol. Thanks for posting it for the clarification.

Dolphin at it again
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:23 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Not a good time for forum pets. We've just had to say goodbye to our guinea pig Jaguar (on the left)
    Came down with cancer and spread to her brain. Happened every quickly, within 24 hours went from appearing normal to basically being unable to walk.
    Youngest Milch Calf is a bit upset, and over the next week have to work out what we do with her friend. guinea pigs are social animals so we'll have to get her a new friend or put her up for adoption.

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 29 Jaguar10

sorry bro yep get a new gp they need companionship
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:00 pm

Sloan in 2022 rd. 1 scored 43 pts in 2023 rd 1 scored 42 pts...he seems to get away to a good start but not maintain it...could 2024 be his breakout yr & he has a good opening draw
    What i like about his play is after the many mistakes he makes he just clears his mind & plays on not letting it affect him. He's been in the nrl for a couple of years now so he should be more mature & smarter.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:27 pm

White Lightning wrote:Sloan in 2022 rd. 1 scored 43 pts in 2023 rd 1 scored 42 pts...he seems to get away to a good start but not maintain it...could 2024 be his breakout yr & he has a good opening draw
    What i like about his play is after the many mistakes he makes he just clears his mind & plays on not letting it affect him. He's been in the nrl for a couple of years now so he should be more mature & smarter.

I'm convinced his mind is empty, no need to clear it.

I legit think he's the worst regular NRL player going, but I can see why they persist because he looks so good when he runs, can find a gap, and he's also decent at linking up in the backline. High potential to be a good player.

I can't think of a rawer talent with a rugby league background to hit NRL.

The problem right now is just his positioning, catching, kick defusals, decision-making, tackling, errors etc.

In hindsight he really needed the COVID years in NSW Cup to develop, because NRL is too unforgiving to learn this much on the job. But not sure you can drop him now, because he'll look for another club. Maybe he can play wing for a season? Problem is we only have one centre that is good enough to support a winger learning, especially in defence, and Lomax is already babysitting Rava
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:03 pm

robelgordo wrote:

I legit think he's the worst regular NRL player going, but I can see why they persist because he looks so good when he runs, can find a gap, and he's also decent at linking up in the backline. High potential to be a good player.

The problem right now is just his positioning, catching, kick defusals, decision-making, tackling, errors etc.

In hindsight he really needed the COVID years in NSW Cup to develop, because NRL is too unforgiving to learn this much on the job. But not sure you can drop him now, because he'll look for another club. Maybe he can play wing for a season? Problem is we only have one centre that is good enough to support a winger learning, especially in defence, and Lomax is already babysitting Rava

Blake Taafe exists saving Sloan from worst player in the NRL for me but it's pretty damn close
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:47 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Gone are the days of Boyd and Dugan. Kinda miss when the Dragons were quality
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:04 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Not a good time for forum pets. We've just had to say goodbye to our guinea pig Jaguar (on the left)
    Came down with cancer and spread to her brain. Happened every quickly, within 24 hours went from appearing normal to basically being unable to walk.
    Youngest Milch Calf is a bit upset, and over the next week have to work out what we do with her friend. guinea pigs are social animals so we'll have to get her a new friend or put her up for adoption.

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 29 Jaguar10
    Sorry to hear mate you’re in my thoughts it has not been a good start to the year. I know how you’re feeling.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:16 pm

G'day all, hope everyone is enjoying a nice relaxing summer.

Sure is quiet around here but I guess that's expected this early into the preseason. There's only so many drafts of a team you can put together before it all comes unstuck in the trials.

Anyway, looking forward to another year of banter with all you like minded degenerates.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:38 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Sorry to hear mate you’re in my thoughts it has not been a good start to the year. I know how you’re feeling.

Whoever is being an ass, downvoting nice, genuine posts should stop it.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:54 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Sorry about the loss of Jaguar, Milch.
    Hope the young calves are doing okay
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:03 pm

Just general news around the traps (in a slow news week);

Dragons have added to their NSW cup style roster by signing 72 game NSW cup veteran (and five-eighth of the year) Jesse Marschke from the North Sydney Bears (who was early this season doing a train-and-trial with the Storm).

Payne Haas is giving brother Klese the hot tips on how to become a Fantasy immortal (or at least NRL relevant), saying he thinks he could play Origin in the next couple of years.
    In a strange twist, Klese would be eligible for Queensland having lived there since age 10.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:15 pm

easytiger wrote:Just general news around the traps (in a slow news week);

Dragons have added to their NSW cup style roster by signing 72 game NSW cup veteran (and five-eighth of the year) Jesse Marschke from the North Sydney Bears (who was early this season doing a train-and-trial with the Storm).

Payne Haas is giving brother Klese the hot tips on how to become a Fantasy immortal (or at least NRL relevant), saying he thinks he could play Origin in the next couple of years.
    In a strange twist, Klese would be eligible for Queensland having lived there since age 10.

Klese will be the first in the family to represent the state they love
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:16 pm

It's always seemed weird to me this debate of origin status. If someone grew up in NSW but always supported QLD, they should play for QLD.

I know. It's an old story.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:28 pm

It's about that time......Kini's in over Campbell 100% guaranteed*

'As Campbell is still sidelined as he recovers from knee surgery, Kini has been reportedly tearing the house down at the club's pre-season training and is set to earn more than his six NRL games last season.'

*100% is a speculative number and not 100% guaranteed to be accurate
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:51 pm

Aardvark wrote:It's about that time......Kini's in over Campbell 100% guaranteed*

'As Campbell is still sidelined as he recovers from knee surgery, Kini has been reportedly tearing the house down at the club's pre-season training and is set to earn more than his six NRL games last season.'

*100% is a speculative number and not 100% guaranteed to be accurate

Brimson will start ahead of both of them.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:04 pm

mattnz wrote:

Wanna bet?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:12 pm

mattnz wrote:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/01/16/opposition-centres-nightmare-forans-call-on-brimson-switch/
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:17 pm

Nobody is training Te Whare down like Te Whare. Has lost 9+ kgs in one month and "saved his career".

Still weighs in at a ridiculous 114kgs.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:13 pm

Toby Sexton 100% guaranteed to start at half for the dogs based on the following from Matt Burton

“He’s (Sexton) showing really good signs ... and he’s training the house down,” Burton said

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:05 am