NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Post by Camo123 Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:52 am

my tv broke wrote:So for the degens/addicts here, whats of interest tonight:

-papys return
    -hutch/burton workloads, if youre keen on hutch youd want a lot of general play kicking
    -is s hughes the next haas

Thats probably about it really. Might watch the first 20 mins if im home (ill probably be home)

Maybe Loiero is a smokey for 50 average this year playing HYBRID role starting lock, shift wide late in game when Blore is tired. Not going to see that in a trial tho

Hutchison averages mid 40s even excluding his 102 at 5/8 and half with around mid 200s KM

Only really needs to be named. Absolutely shits on Flanagan as an option for 50k more

With a lot of mid rangers I’m thinking of going with a strong 18th man and tempted to put Piakura at 18th man. Even though he averages 40 in starts, has high MT rate and decent reliance on attacking stats so far. Averages mid 30s in his whole cup career
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:08 am

If Xerri looks like a solid 40+ scorer tonight and in the next trial, do you think he will become more popular among fanatics? The transition from a four-year ban is intriguing and there are not too many examples of this to go off.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:20 am

-papys return
    -hutch/burton workloads, if youre keen on hutch youd want a lot of general play kicking

Thats probably about it really. Might watch the first 20 mins if im home (ill probably be home)

Maybe Loiero is a smokey for 50 average this year playing HYBRID role starting lock, shift wide late in game when Blore is tired. Not going to see that in a trial tho

At $400k, Hutchison should have enough value without a huge amount of kicking. He was consistently only getting around 200 km at Roosters when playing half (between 190 and 206 across 4 games) and scoring well.

Hutchison should be good to unlock the right side attack, benefitting Kiraz and the right CTR. Should have a really different role than the guys playing there last season like Flanagan, who had 0 try assists in the halves in 10 games.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:22 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

baa haa... the next Haas - they are some bloody big Shughes to fill Laughing  

Nice pun. I think by the end of today you won't be able to resist having Hughes in your team. Looking like he is getting a starting spot.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:27 am

mattnz wrote:

Nice pun. I think by the end of today you won't be able to resist having Hughes in your team. Looking like he is getting a starting spot.

Because hes named to start in a trial? Carn friend i told you, im onto you.

Sutton are knight are reasonably average anyway, so it wouldnt really surprise me.

Last edited by my tv broke on Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:27 am

-papys return

I was thinking that we have a decent history of edges going to the middle and scoring well for fantasy purposes. Tohu, Jackson, Mannering, Gillett. Loiero is probably too much of a plodder but would be interesting if he gets big minutes
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:40 am

my tv broke wrote:

Because hes named to start in a trial? Carn friend i told you, im onto you.

Sutton are knight are reasonably average anyway, so it wouldnt really surprise me.

Curran gonna do wat da coach tells him 2 do? He's da Mann Very Happy

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:49 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I was thinking that we have a decent history of edges going to the middle and scoring well for fantasy purposes. Tohu, Jackson, Mannering, Gillett. Loiero is probably too much of a plodder but would be interesting if he gets big minutes

I would expect King still gets big minutes at prop, (average 65 minutes at lock last season), Welch 49 minutes won't see a drop and they will need decent minutes from both NAS and Tui. Hard to see where they get the minutes from for Loiero to play lots through the middle.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:01 am

Anyone thinking of running Grant, Blore and Pappy at this stage? Should I have a rethink?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:01 am

mattnz wrote:

At $400k, Hutchison should have enough value without a huge amount of kicking. He was consistently only getting around 200 km at Roosters when playing half (between 190 and 206 across 4 games) and scoring well.

Hutchison should be good to unlock the right side attack, benefitting Kiraz and the right CTR. Should have a really different role than the guys playing there last season like Flanagan, who had 0 try assists in the halves in 10 games.

He's Drew Hutchinson, he's not Shaun Johnson or Andrew John's, he's not unlocking anything.

At 400k he'll definitely be in my team though if he starts, despite the "average player, bad club" rule.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:05 am

Just noticed Tyrone Wishart starting at HOK. Also just noticed that Grant started to play less than 80 at the end of last season. Bench hooking coincidence?

Year of le (fully) sick budget HOK!

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:05 am

Can't remember about Gillett, but the other three were 80 minutes when transferring to the middle, Loiero likely won't be.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:07 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:Just noticed Tyrone Wishart starting at HOK. Also just noticed that Grant started to play less than 80 at the end of last season. Bench hooking coincidence?

Year of le sick budget HOK!

Yeah the pieman’s son Garlick started I thought. Could potentially run that again.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:10 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:Just noticed Tyrone Wishart starting at HOK. Also just noticed that Grant started to play less than 80 at the end of last season. Bench hooking coincidence?

Year of le (fully) sick budget HOK!

i was just thinking grant was given a rest late in the season to freshen up for finals.

i guess it depends who the utility is though.. either that young outside back, or the wishart/garlick/whoever. bellamy probably plays a straight bat early in the season unless they're worried about papy.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:15 am

Isaah Yeo started as an edge/centre
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:16 am

my tv broke wrote:

i was just thinking grant was given a rest late in the season to freshen up for finals.

i guess it depends who the utility is though.. either that young outside back, or the wishart/garlick/whoever. bellamy probably plays a straight bat early in the season unless they're worried about papy.

Week 2 and week 3 of the finals, grant came off the bench after 15mins, Garlick started. Potentially a strategy Bellamy could look to run again; makes me second guess having Grant. Both times he was named to start as well, reverting to the bench on gameday.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:21 am

Alfie wrote:

Week 2 and week 3 of the finals, grant came off the bench after 15mins, Garlick started. Potentially a strategy Bellamy could look to run again; makes me second guess having Grant. Both times he was named to start as well, reverting to the bench on gameday.

Ah yeah, good call, shows how much I paid attention.

Cheap hooker it is. Maybe.

I feel like Robson can do the job early season anyway. No reason why. Just feels. I've never owned Robson.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:49 am

my tv broke wrote:

Ah yeah, good call, shows how much I paid attention.

Cheap hooker it is. Maybe.

I feel like Robson can do the job early season anyway. No reason why. Just feels. I've never owned Robson.

I wish I had your feels for Robson.
    Selected him last year (due to no Origin and his try scoring rate).
    Burnt me on both.
    I'll probably regret it, but I just can't go back there.
    J.Brailey or JMK for me with an Eels Hooker as back-up.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:41 pm

mattnz wrote:

well if hughes starts there's our 18th man for 250k...very tasty
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:42 pm

JBrails and JMK look good, particularly now that I've seen Muhleisen on the Dragons bench.

Robson needs tries to be worth the price, but early season the Cowboys could do that. Particularly poaching around the rock when the middle forwards get tired in the heat.

The Phoenix factor puts me off Brailey a little, and the JMK early buy isnt ideal.

Could be Robson and wishful thinking is the way to go

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:36 am