NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Post by Guest Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:26 pm

robelgordo wrote:Not even watching the game (replay later) and just fuming at this page lol. Fuckin Sloan. Can’t believe someone said he wasn’t even the worst fullback in the NRL let alone player earlier. If I could remember who that was or be bothered to look it up I’d be giving you the verbal thrashing of a lifetime now.

That was me lol!
    Seb Kris was worse last year at fullback and by a considerable margin.
    Anyone who can play week in week out fullback at nrl level will never be the worst player.
    Maybe fume at your forwards instead?
    Only one cracked 100 metres that game…..
    Or maybe fume at your backs?
    Only one other than Sloan registered a single line break that game……
    Anyway thrash away!
    Cheers

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Post by my tv broke Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:33 pm

The problem with the dragons is they have one good player and hes been open about not wanting to play for them

Squad has somehow gotten worse since last year too.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:44 pm

Genderbender wrote:

That was me  lol!
    Anyone who can play week in week out fullback at nrl level will never be the worst player.
    Anyway thrash away!
    Cheers

Sloan is selected to play NRL level each week, but we’ve got a lot of data that he can’t play NRL level. Hoping with a full offseason with a new coach he gets there.

I’d have taken Kris over Sloan all last season btw. I’d do a loan swap now.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:47 pm

A Sloan's WAP?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:49 pm

my tv broke wrote:The problem with the dragons is they have one good player and hes been open about not wanting to play for them

Squad has somehow gotten worse since last year too.

We used to have a few others - somehow a bunch of coaches made them worse players. But yeah we have like 7-8 guys any team would have in their top 30 and a bunch of kids and extras. Not good.

Just hopefully build something this year for 2025 and win a couple along the way.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:01 am

Genderbender wrote:

That was me  lol!
    Anyway thrash away!
    Cheers

Each to their own, pretty much anything can be justified. Sloan is probably the most disappointing prospect by a far margin. It's a shame Ramsay is cooked (forever) because Sloan as FB is the worst option for a team by far. Looks absolutely clueless.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:51 am

Sloan is absolutely the worst fullback in the NRL

He’s abysmal, basic skill level, game awareness/understanding is no where near good enough
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:12 am

I can tell you that if they ref the World Club Challenge anything like they have the opening round of Super League fixtures, it'll be eleven-a-side by half time. Anything near the head that last year would have been "on report" they're just flipping out the red cards.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:49 am

Yeah each to their own, people could argue he’s the worst FB in nrl.
    I just think it’s ludicrous to say he’s the worst player in the nrl.
    The skill level required just to play fullback imo eliminates any of those players from the conversation.
    It must be painful to watch as a Dragons fan, probably because the potential on the kid is so much higher than most, he’s one of the best movers with the ball in hand I’ve ever seen.
    Wishful thinking but I’d like to see what would happen if he was able to get an entire offseason with Billy as his trainer.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:59 am

Genderbender wrote:Yeah each to their own, people could argue he’s the worst FB in nrl.
    I just think it’s ludicrous to say he’s the worst player in the nrl.
    The skill level required just to play fullback imo eliminates any of those players from the conversation.
    It must be painful to watch as a Dragons fan, probably because the potential on the kid is so much higher than most, he’s one of the best movers with the ball in hand I’ve ever seen.
    Wishful thinking but I’d like to see what would happen if he was able to get an entire offseason with Billy as his trainer.

He doesn’t have the skill level currently to play fullback in the NRL.

He has the pace. Thats where it ends

His D also makes Drinky look like prime Matt Cooper
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:01 am

Hey boys draft is coming around fast and I've not watched a lick of footy. Can someone summarise the trials thus far so I don't do a dumb dumb and draft two injured players like last year?

Mostly just give me the massive news. Cheers!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:15 am

2024 NRL FANTASY LEAGUES REGISTRATION

We are running a little behind schedule, but Cookie Monster is working hard and we should have your assigned league codes out in the near future

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 33 At-work-cookie-monster

REGISTRATION FOR THE MAIN LEAGUES HAS NOW CLOSED. YOU CAN STILL JOIN IN THE ACTION BY JOINING THE LATE COMERS LEAGUE

Post by Guest Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:33 am

Welshy wrote:

He doesn’t have the skill level currently to play fullback in the NRL.

He has the pace. Thats where it ends

His D also makes Drinky look like prime Matt Cooper

Drinky still missed more tackles than Sloan did last season….
    And that’s behind the Cowboys pack.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:35 am

Snatchpato wrote:Hey boys draft is coming around fast and I've not watched a lick of footy. Can someone summarise the trials thus far so I don't do a dumb dumb and draft two injured players like last year?

Mostly just give me the massive news. Cheers!

DFifita & Campbell (R4-5) and Campbell Graham (late season after Origin) are the only major injuries so far
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:51 am

Joey Manu started on the bench as Billy Smith and Suaalii began in the centres, with club favourite Daniel Tupou on the left wing. Smith and Suaalii both set up tries.

“It’s a good [problem] to have,” Robinson said. “We’ve made the choice to go with six top-end internationals, and they’ve been really good at training.

“Some guys will play some weeks, others won’t, but there’s a belief in all of them. It’s not one over the other. It’s on me with the choice. We like the fact we have six there ready to play.”

As for Manu starting on the bench, Robinson said: “There’s nothing to read into that … Our belief in all of them is clear. We know how good they are. It’s up to me to manage that. Eventually, you have to pick a team each week, but there won’t be somebody missing out for long.”

Robinson said he could easily carry one of the players on the bench as a utility option.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:19 am

I'll take, how to use words to say absolutely nothing
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:22 am

Anyone wanna give me a generic cookie cutter team to start building around, or a few guys I should have in my squad.. Tryna get back into this shiz
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:28 am

RandomSil wrote:Anyone wanna give me a generic cookie cutter team to start building around, or a few guys I should have in my squad.. Tryna get back into this shiz

Cleary
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:40 am

robelgordo wrote:
    RandomSil wrote:Anyone wanna give me a generic cookie cutter team to start building around, or a few guys I should have in my squad.. Tryna get back into this shiz

Cleary

Now come on, I know I'm not good... But I have that one.

At the moment gun wise I have Haas, Hynes, Cleary, Walsh and DCE as my out and out guns. Will probably swap DCE for Grant probably.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:41 am

This is 21 of the top 22 most popular players (can't afford Ponga, the 21st most popular, so get Leniu instead)

Wouldn't personally recommend this team (some aren't going to start in round 1) But whilst you wait for the community team to take shape may as well load it up and tweak from there

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 33 Cookie10

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:18 am