NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 18 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:30 am

Mulvy wrote:

You mean, you have all three of them but only one of them in your 17?

I think with two of those from the Raiders and one from the Titans, we're not talking about one team being so much better than the other one for it to matter so much. So it's down to the individual right? We've seen Weekes in first grade, and against Knights in Newcastle, I'd give that a swerve. I know nothing about Stewart, but I guess the same applies. I know match ups always seem to fuck me, but Kini against the Dragons....

Is Rob still up? He might have something to say about this.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 18 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Post by GreenSchist Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:02 am

I currently have Kini in my 17, along with Stewart. Definitely risky but it has allowed me to strengthen my Centers (Penisini and Aitken).
    Granted all of that could change post trials based on form and selections. I fully expect Aitken to be dropped once Kenny Bromwich returns to the team (from Māori All Stars duties). Someone in the Amateurs chat mentioned they had seen both Lemuelu and Aitken training on the edges, so it doesn’t appear Aitken has necessarily jumped Connely).

Very unlikely I go with a cheapy in centers and two at the back in my starting 17 and if I had to start with one of Stewart and Kini, I’d start Stewart.

Last edited by GreenSchist on Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:39 am

Kini is exactly the kind of player I normally don't take who ends up holding the starting role

He is very team list dependent for me depending on what else pops up. Biggest thing holding me back is that round 2 bye. Early byes last year stalled some decent cows
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:05 am

The Titans assistant coach said “hopefully R4-5” for Campbell and Fifita

I figure I was possibly going to do similar pray and hope for attacking stats with Sivo for 150k more and Kini looks to have solid enough base to match Sivo’s base

Last edited by Camo123 on Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:10 am

Milchcow wrote:

I am confident that at $279k, he represents value. But if he only gets 3-4 games, is that enough?
    Would probably have to be at the upper end of scoring estimates to make enough money in that time.

If Campbell is back Round 4-5, and with the bye round 2, then the current estimate is 2-3 games...
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:17 am

Camo123 wrote:The Titans assistant coach said “hopefully R4-5” for Campbell and Fifita

Agree that it wasn't the most confident endorsement of a return.
    Still, more info closer to Rd 1 would be nice.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:50 am

Mulvy wrote:I've heard talk about it being similar to a Trindall purchase (who I purchased last year). I think it's a lot different. Trindall didn't have a bye in the first five weeks for starters. Trindall was almost certainly going to do the goal kicking and the general play kicking, had pedigree, was alongside a non-dominant half. He was probably going to score 50+. The question was, for how many weeks? I was of the view, that even for two weeks he was worth it, because the points alone, and a little bit of cash, plus potential for more was worth it.

This other bloke has little NRL experience, plays for an arguably worse team, isn't the main playmaker or goal kicker or field kicker. Has a round two bye. That's two whole NRL weeks where he might touch some chicks ass or blow 0.052. Or get injured during training. Or the Titans hire the Panfer's physio and Campbell comes back early. A lot of uncertainty.

I reserve the right to pick him if he plays a trial, looks decent, and we get the slightest bit of clarity on Campbell time frame.

Trindall from what I recall there was only an unreliable source on Hynes’ calf injury that it might extend a couple of rounds whereas assistant coach has quoted hopefully R4/5. Trindall made 147k in 3 rounds, if Kini could get 3 games and make 100k (about 40 average) I’d take that.

It is a kneecap dislocation that Campbell is recovering from
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:05 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Is Rob still up? He might have something to say about this.

Preston Campbell got 68 against the Dragons once. Everyone buy Kini now
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:08 am

Camo123 wrote:

Trindall from what I recall there was only an unreliable source on Hynes’ calf injury that it might extend a couple of rounds whereas assistant coach has quoted hopefully R4/5. Trindall made 147k in 3 rounds, if Kini could get 3 games and make 100k (about 40 average) I’d take that.

It is a kneecap dislocation that Campbell is recovering from

Trindalls starting price was lower and his points potential higher and far more reliable due to history playing that role in the NRL. Not saying I won’t grab Kini, but the risk is another tier IMO. And lots thought Trindall was too risky

Last edited by robelgordo on Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:09 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Do you expect him to have similar attacking opportunities in the NRL for the lower mid-table Gold Coast Titans than he did in reserve grade with the ladder-leading grand finalist Burleigh Bears?

Def a bottom-dweller team, especially with Dave out, but their draw is: Dragons, Dogs, Fins (if he makes it that far), cowboys, raiders.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:45 am

robelgordo wrote:

Trindalls starting price was lower and his points potential higher and far more reliable due to history playing that role in the NRL. Not saying I won’t grab Kini, but the risk is another tier IMO. And lots thought Trindall was too risky

Trindall was risky, and he only just paid off. 1 less game and it would probably have been a waste of a trade

Kini is riskier, pending further updates to Campbell's injury. So whether he makes peoples teams will depend in large part on what other cheap players become available.

I'd rather risk Kini than pick Talau for example
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:10 am

Milchcow wrote:

Trindall was risky, and he only just paid off. 1 less game and it would probably have been a waste of a trade

Kini is riskier, pending further updates to Campbell's injury. So whether he makes peoples teams will depend in large part on what other cheap players become available.

I'd rather risk Kini than pick Talau for example

If it looks like Cotric gets a wing spot, I would have him over Kini. Similar price, and CTR dual.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:57 am

Never has a more mattnz pick turned up than Kini and he wants to take the wet blanket Cotric instead. 

Adonbilivit

Is it because other people talked about him first?
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:04 am

mattnz wrote:

If it looks like Cotric gets a wing spot, I would have him over Kini. Similar price, and CTR dual.

What does the Raiders backline look like?

FB: Stewart (Seems most likely) / Weekes or Kris from Rd 2
    W: Rapana (Definite)
    C: Timoko (Definite)
    C: Hopoate/Schiller (For 1 week) and probably Kris from Rd 2
    W: Cotric/Savage/Hopoate
    5/8: Strange/Weekes
    HB: Fogarty

Have I missed anything?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:18 am

If Stewart and Weekes both start they'll be tempting. Strange a possibility too

Would anyone want Cotric on top of those 2, or would they get him instead? How many Raiders do you want

Other than last 3 weeks of 2023, Cotric has been a bit average for a while now. Its not 2020 Vlandys ball anymore
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:21 am

ynot wrote:

Have I missed anything?

That seems like it. Nothing has suggested that Kris will be anything other than centre this year, but suppose it's possible. Shirt 1 seems almost done (add Savage as a slim possibility though), 5 and 6 up for grabs.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:28 am

ynot wrote:

Have I missed anything?

That's the issue. What happens when Kris comes back, who misses out? Are we sure Kris wont play fullback? If you start with Stewart and Kini you could be down 2 wfb come rd 2
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:31 am

I dont see Ricky playing an 18 yr old at fb in round 1.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:34 am

my tv broke wrote:Never has a more mattnz pick turned up than Kini and he wants to take the wet blanket Cotric instead. 

Adonbilivit

Is it because other people talked about him first?

To be fair, Cotric is a very MattNZ pick too...

I remember him gunning for him a few years ago when he first got shifted to the wing

To be double fair, with DPP this year, he is a reliable pick who is bound to make money and is underpriced because of some interchange roles last year. Perfect 18-21 material. Covers two spots including CTR, very cheap, fairly secure role
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:37 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

To be double fair, with DPP this year, he is a reliable pick who is bound to make money and is underpriced because of some interchange roles last year. Perfect 18-21 material. Covers two spots including CTR, very cheap, fairly secure role

Rubbish. He played left right out most of last year, and I'm not sure what's changed this year to make him nailed. More competition for spots isn't a good thing for his job security..

I like him as a player, and would like to buy him for R1, but its a bad idea.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:29 am