NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Archer
    Archer

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Post by Archer Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:53 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I also think the idea of only keeping half of your profits is a good one.
    I prefer it when the game is more about picking the best scoring players, and not an economic management game that just happens to include NRL games.
    All. Of. This. The all knowing, all seeing cow always articulates what I'm thinking better than I can.
    Have always wondered what it would be like to have a comp where you pick one squad and then make no further trades (except maybe via player swap to other teams) because it better mirrors the actual roster management of a coach.
    I understand why they wouldn't because they want those engagement dollars that come from constant changes (that would be lacking if you had a fit and healthy 17 scoring well each week), but any rules that can bring it closer to that talent scout/roster management aspect rather than economic management I'm all for.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:59 pm

Rabbit wrote:

If I might say....trying to sound clever doesn't really suit you. Wink

Being an introduced pest of plague-like proportions doesn't really suit anyone really - go get yourself some Peter Myxomatosis. Very Happy

Post by Guest Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:15 pm

Ricky's Raider Roulette has me very uptight.

If I understand it correctly our teams are locked in at start of Round Zero and team lists for Round One the following week will reveal which of Weekes, Stewart, Savage, Strange and Cotric have spots.

Can anyone rate these in order with any confidence?

I'm considering avoiding them all and taking a punt on Armstrong, Kini and JAC as cheap WFB options.

JAC is cheap enough and could potentially have a decent season, he passes the eye test and the Bulldogs backline will be a lot more potent than the last few seasons. Might not make as much money as a rookie but there is a lot of upside and feel a lot better owning someone that is proven.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:19 pm

Archer wrote:
    All. Of. This. The all knowing, all seeing cow always articulates what I'm thinking better than I can.
    Have always wondered what it would be like to have a comp where you pick one squad and then make no further trades (except maybe via player swap to other teams) because it better mirrors the actual roster management of a coach.
    I understand why they wouldn't because they want those engagement dollars that come from constant changes (that would be lacking if you had a fit and healthy 17 scoring well each week), but any rules that can bring it closer to that talent scout/roster management aspect rather than economic management I'm all for.

....that's called draft. We have that.

You can play it! It's fun.

But fantasy shines in the combination of short-term tactical decision making and long-term strategic choices, as mediated by the price signal. Which needs improvement.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:25 pm

A combined bit of Draft Business and PSA

@13CokeHeads

Could you please check your messages to get access to your Draft League Codes. If you don't know where the messages are; they're at the top of the page, under the photo of the massive chin of our chinny, chin chin

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 43 Unread10

For everyone else, Fantasy League codes have been sent; so if you see a "1 Unread Message" instead of "Messages" at the top of the page then there are probably some codes waiting for you

Last edited by Cookie Monster on Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:25 pm

BaldShitTruck wrote:Ricky's Raider Roulette has me very uptight.

If I understand it correctly our teams are locked in at start of Round Zero and team lists for Round One the following week will reveal which of Weekes, Stewart, Savage, Strange and Cotric have spots.

I'm considering avoiding them all and taking a punt on Armstrong, Kini and JAC as cheap WFB options.

JAC is cheap enough and could potentially have a decent season, he passes the eye test and the Bulldogs backline will be a lot more potent than the last few seasons. Might not make as much money as a rookie but there is a lot of upside and feel a lot better owning someone that is proven.

It's rolling lockout. You'll be able to change around your non-Vegas players after the second teamlist, just as you would with Sunday players after a normal R1 kickoff.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:47 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

It's rolling lockout. You'll be able to change around your non-Vegas players after the second teamlist, just as you would with Sunday players after a normal R1 kickoff.

Captain and Vice captain will lock out at kickoff of the first Las Vegas game. And rather than being able to delete a player and add a new one, you'll need to trade players to move them around (it will be free trades until the end of the round, or in other words, until kick off of Dolphins/Cowboys). This means for maximum flexibility, you'll want your Vegas players in your run on 13, and the remainder on the bench so that you can "trade" them out if they are not named on TLT#2
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:47 pm

The key concern I have about getting lots of the Raiders backs, is that players on the same team can't be looped. It takes out a lot of the benefits of having really cheap backs.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:51 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Captain and Vice captain will lock out at kickoff of the first Las Vegas game. And rather than being able to delete a player and add a new one, you'll need to trade players to move them around (it will be free trades until the end of the round, or in other words, until kick off of Dolphins/Cowboys). This means for maximum flexibility, you'll want your Vegas players in your run on 13, and the remainder on the bench so that you can "trade" them out if they are not named on TLT#2

One exception to this is having a player in the loop at 18. For example you may want to put Willison at 18, see his score, then decide if you want to take the score, by putting a player that isn't playing in R1 in your team.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:52 pm

mattnz wrote:

One exception to this is having a player in the loop at 18. For example you may want to put Willison at 18, see his score, then decide if you want to take the score, by putting a player that isn't playing in R1 in your team.

Yep, I meant to note that caveat. I will likely be doing that.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:05 pm

2024 NRL FANTASY LEAGUES REGISTRATION

Leagues have been allocated and codes have been sent out. We kindly ask everyone to check their messages, and join their leagues. Remember you need to join both the Head-to-head league (Fanatics leagues 1-10) as well as the Fanatic Overall Group league (FOG). We ask late comers to be patient, we've sent most of them, but we'll allocate leagues and send codes as we get to them, keep an eye on your inbox. Thank you!
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:25 pm

mattnz wrote:

Is Willison now a strong buy if Piakura misses week 1?
    If he’s the main benefactor, could be a nice kick start to his money making.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:26 pm

Armstrong won’t start most likely

There was article saying Ricky Stuart was pissed that Jacob Gagai got exemption for All Stars and Kris didn’t so is questioning NRL. May see Kris start R1 after all
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:30 pm

GreenSchist wrote:

Is Willison now a strong buy if Piakura misses week 1?
    If he’s the main benefactor, could be a nice kick start to his money making.

If named on the EDG R1, I probably get him. If not, I probably don't.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:35 pm

Those teams that select only players from the first game (or two) are going to have a field day this year... leading the comp for an entire week
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:36 pm

mattnz wrote:

If named on the EDG R1, I probably get him. If not, I probably don't.

Makes sense. Another one for TLT.

Between Hutch, Brown, Seyfarth, Burbo, Piakura and Willison, I think I may be starting with too many non basement cheapies.

Let’s hope Levi and Henry don’t get decent roles, otherwise I might skip the mid price guys all together!
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:40 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:Those teams that select only players from the first game (or two) are going to have a field day this year... leading the comp for an entire week

I currently only have 4 players in the teams that are playing in Vegas. Could easily be as low as 2. I really want to maintain as much flexibility as possible the following week, in structuring the team.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:41 pm

Does anyone have a contact for @Manlybeaver ?

Thanks in advance
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:44 pm

Why would willison play edge ? Did this just get made up on the forum? I dont think hes ever played edge in his life and hes not even a certainty to make the 17.

It will be Hunt if piakura has to miss a week
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:44 pm

GreenSchist wrote:

Makes sense. Another one for TLT.

Between Hutch, Brown, Seyfarth, Burbo, Piakura and Willison, I think I may be starting with too many  non basement cheapies.

Let’s hope Levi and Henry don’t get decent roles, otherwise I might skip the mid price guys all together!

Burbo and Willison are basically basement price. Lots of mid range value and not lots of obvious guns that are underpriced. Should be the year of the mid ranger.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:02 am