NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:36 pm

Skelton, Perham, Sexton, Knight named in a clear reserve grade team for Dogs NSW cup trial vs Newtown. Think we can lock in Hutchinson at 7
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:41 pm

One of the coaching tactics to combat the kick blocking rule so far has been kicking on the 4th, so FBs would benefit from that particular tactic. I’m off to another video session and captains run this arvo so see if it comes up

The downtown rule the players are still figuring out TBH. But once they do again should mean no head starts for kick chases. Not expecting an extra 10 points but worth talking through

Extra space could mean extra chance of the odd TB and turn the 1-3 into 3-5 points and then there’s some more value that might not have been there without the rules

They may also do what the NRL do and come down hard for 5 rounds, people are annoyed and confused and they start to lighten up
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:51 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:One of the coaching tactics to combat the kick blocking rule so far has been kicking on the 4th, so FBs would benefit from that particular tactic. I’m off to another video session and captains run this arvo so see if it comes up

The downtown rule the players are still figuring out TBH. But once they do again should mean no head starts for kick chases. Not expecting an extra 10 points but worth talking through

Extra space could mean extra chance of the odd TB and turn the 1-3 into 3-5 points and then there’s some more value that might not have been there without the rules

They may also do what the NRL do and come down hard for 5 rounds, people are annoyed and confused and they start to lighten up

This is what I was just thinking, Potential for more attacking stats too, but yeah TBs would be the real benefit for the right players.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:01 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Skelton, Perham, Sexton, Knight named in a clear reserve grade team for Dogs NSW cup trial vs Newtown. Think we can lock in Hutchinson at 7

Is Hutcho going to gain enough points to make him worth the punt, or do I stick with Fog-god (whose been my Cleary partner from day dot)?
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:07 pm

Fact: there are a lot of diverse perspectives about the Panthers forward pack in this link made by people who have a high interest in the issue

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/2024-panthers.490038/page-27

Opinions: are like assholes... everyone thinks they have the right to call somebody else one
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:08 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Is Hutcho going to gain enough points to make him worth the punt, or do I stick with Fog-god (whose been my Cleary partner from day dot)?

I think there could be an argument made to keep both. There is high potential of value for both. I certainly have both.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:09 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

I'd say stick with Fogarty Bludger

But then again - I am one of those people who might like to addle the casuals apparently
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:17 pm

mattnz wrote:

Or you could look at the facts.

Don't let the facts

There have been zero games played in 2024 lol there are no facts.

Me saying i think Garner will play edge doesn't need to be argued with proof from last year. You'd be surprised, but I do watch some games sometimes, and I am able to look at stats on that free website that people around here use.

I'm also probably wrong. It really doesn't matter that much.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:24 pm

Milchcow wrote:

He's just so cheap compared to his potential output

His days of potential captain are no doubt behind him. but surely he can provide a bit of value from his current price.

Have there been any training the house down articles about LOLO?

Post by Guest Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:28 pm

Valynce been training Te Whare down
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:41 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:One of the coaching tactics to combat the kick blocking rule so far has been kicking on the 4th, so FBs would benefit from that particular tactic. I’m off to another video session and captains run this arvo so see if it comes up

If there is 1 player I can imagine it working out well for, it is Walsh. Doesn't do great bringing the ball back into a full line, but given some space on a kick return, he can turn it into something.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:42 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Skelton, Perham, Sexton, Knight named in a clear reserve grade team for Dogs NSW cup trial vs Newtown. Think we can lock in Hutchinson at 7

The problem with stuff like this is "for how many weeks"

Although from what I can tell from Dogs fans, if Sexton does come in to the halves they'd rather it be for Burton than Hutch (with Burton going to centres)

Fans don't always get what they want though
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:44 pm

my tv broke wrote: I am able to look at stats on that free website that people around here use.

I thought Butters charged money to use his site?

Oh, I see.

You're probably talking about yafss
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:45 pm

mattnz wrote:

If there is 1 player I can imagine it working out well for, it is Walsh. Doesn't do great bringing the ball back into a full line, but given some space on a kick return, he can turn it into something.

He'd have to get out of jail first.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:47 pm

my tv broke wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

He's just so cheap compared to his potential output

His days of potential captain are no doubt behind him. but surely he can provide a bit of value from his current price.

Have there been any training the house down articles about LOLO?

All the articles I've seen are about being dumped as captain, and potentially leaving the club.

So he's been training the house up?
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:48 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

I'd say stick with Fogarty Bludger

But then again - I am one of those people who might like to addle the casuals apparently

Nah mate.
    I take responsibility for my team selections - good and bad.
    If I'm gonna celebrate choices like picking up Ponga super cheap last year, I also have to accept the bruises of selecting Tommy Talau.
    lol!

Currently running with both, going lighter on Edge back-up.
    Halves are the points & money makers.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:48 pm

my tv broke wrote:

There have been zero games played in 2024 lol there are no facts.

Me saying i think Garner will play edge doesn't need to be argued with proof from last year. You'd be surprised, but I do watch some games sometimes, and I am able to look at stats on that free website that people around here use.

I'm also probably wrong. It really doesn't matter that much.

You can think what you want. The Panthers starting line up is exactly the same as last season, in every position except for 2 injured players and Crichton who has gone. In absence of any other information, last year's line up is 100% accurate in picking the other 10 starters.

They are the most consistent team with player selections, year after year. Winning 3 championships in a row says that it may just be a winning formula.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:58 pm

Milchcow wrote:

All the articles I've seen are about being dumped as captain, and potentially leaving the club.

So he's been training the house up?

It's sad that he invested a good chunk of his best years into a club and it seems he's being pushed out to make way for fresh blood but I'd like to see him use this to make a statement this season and wind back the clock, that way at least he may create some interest and some better offers
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:00 pm

mattnz wrote:

I see teams targeting Arthars - he's prove himself a bit shakey under the high ball. They don't want to unleash Oates and Walsh has reasonably safe hands.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:07 pm

Obbeats wrote:

I see teams targeting Arthars - he's prove himself a bit shakey under the high ball. They don't want to unleash Oates and Walsh has reasonably safe hands.

I'm hoping they play Arthars at CTR with Cobbo and Oates WG, purely for fantasy purposes. Averages 29 at CTR and 22 on the wing. Not that I want him, but could be desperate times if Strange isn't picked.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:55 am