NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 27 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:22 pm

Bulldogs 19 would address their pack size issue single-handedly
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 27 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:24 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:

Yeah these 25 man squads are gonna be a killer on player minutes all season..

crichton’s price is really gonna drop only getting 20 minute stints as captain

rationale

-- faamualsili/hughes bench mids
    -- curran in the prop rotation
    -- salmon and mann to share LOCK
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:29 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

rationale

-- faamualsili/hughes bench mids
    -- curran in the prop rotation
    -- salmon and mann to share LOCK

They were never all going to be good options. Would make no sense

Eye test has Hughes well better than poasa. 2 20 minute stints for 30 or so points will do me at 250K

Salmon getting a 30 and 20 and being that involved in defense works for me at 289k but if there are better options you’re hiding than those 2, I’m all ears

Salmon to lock was always going to mean Curran to prop no? He may still get okish minutes but only okish scores. Good player though
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:32 pm

Kurt Mann is going to be the Bulldogs' fantasy killer, eh
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:40 pm

Chucky wrote:Hi guys.
    Been at a golf day all day today and haven’t caught up with any posts, also have had many beers and bourbons so I apologise if I’m not making any sense,
    I had a chat with one of the raiders assistant coaches, who also happens to be MS’s love interest.
    I did some interrogation (which was pre beers). Whether the information was genuine I cannot judge, but these were my takes.
    Fullback, Rapana will start, but Chevy will be there sooner rather than later.
    Centre, Kris will be at centre after his suspension.
    5/8, Strange looks better than Weekes.
    Lock, did not know how long Horsburgh was suspended for, but sung the praises of Smithies.
    Hooker, thought that Woolford was the number 1 hooker but really was unsure who would get the job, Starling was clearly the bench hooker.
    Any questions arising from this, please ask, but I probably won’t respond until tomorrow because I’m a bit pissed and very tired.

Would lock in Rapana at 10-15 points of value for however long that lasts as fullback. Not like he is getting dropped from the side when later moved to the wing. Definitely a fun player to watch at fullback, and new rules will really suit him.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:40 pm

my tv broke wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Slightly lesser known fellow Brissy band on here-Japunga.

Christ haha. Wasnt a big fan of theirs but saw them a million times as part of other shows.

Comeback Kid - Wake The Dead for me atm. Just so good

Yeah, they supported Slipknot, Sepultura, Machinehead...even though they never made it, you'd have to be happy telling anyone you've done that.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:44 pm

Warriors and Eels should have fun in R1 against these teams.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:45 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:

They were never all going to be good options. Would make no sense

Eye test has Hughes well better than poasa. 2 20 minute stints for 30 or so points will do me at 250K

Salmon getting a 30 and 20 and being that involved in defense works for me at 289k but if there are better options you’re hiding than those 2, I’m all ears

Salmon to lock was always going to mean Curran to prop no? He may still get okish minutes but only okish scores. Good player though

Not telling Very Happy you can find out when you are eating my dust at the end of Round 3 in the fog comp
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:50 pm

Chucky wrote:Hi guys.
    Been at a golf day all day today and haven’t caught up with any posts, also have had many beers and bourbons so I apologise if I’m not making any sense,
    I had a chat with one of the raiders assistant coaches, who also happens to be MS’s love interest.
    I did some interrogation (which was pre beers). Whether the information was genuine I cannot judge, but these were my takes.
    Fullback, Rapana will start, but Chevy will be there sooner rather than later.
    Centre, Kris will be at centre after his suspension.
    5/8, Strange looks better than Weekes.
    Lock, did not know how long Horsburgh was suspended for, but sung the praises of Smithies.
    Hooker, thought that Woolford was the number 1 hooker but really was unsure who would get the job, Starling was clearly the bench hooker.
    Any questions arising from this, please ask, but I probably won’t respond until tomorrow because I’m a bit pissed and very tired.

Does he still wear his headgear?
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:58 pm

GreenSchist wrote:I'm now at the point of tinkering with my team where Tanah Boyd has become a real option as both Half and HOK cover.

Cleary, Hutcho, Boyd, Weekes

Mahoney, Boyd, Levi

Allows me to maximise all the MID and EDG value picks.

OOOh Shoosh ffs
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:02 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Not on the golf course
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:20 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Yeah, they supported Slipknot, Sepultura, Machinehead...even though they never made it, you'd have to be happy telling anyone you've done that.

Haha not a bad effort. I just remember them from local metal shows. Iirc they were nice dudes
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:27 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Kurt Mann is going to be the Bulldogs' fantasy killer, eh

It struck me how small he looked amongst the other mids. I probably noticed it 2 years ago when starting LK for the Knights, but forgot since he was killing it fantasy wise.

I'll probably lock in Hughes and Xerri. Hutch and Salmon if they're starting.

Curran's one to think about if bench. A lot of options at MID/EDG around 500k, so don't want to miss a cut-price keeper and land a dud. Priced at 37 with a career avg of 41, jumps to 47 when playing > 30 mins, but the bulk of that comes from starting LK or EDG and switching to the middle, and playing 70-75 mins. As a benchy playing >30 mins, he averages 36.. >40 mins it's 39 and then gets worse, but minimal samples.

If picking a bench forward for 500k, May may be the better choice, but locks in early before a few questions can be answered. Probably better off waiting and flicking Curran for Lane, Smithies or Blore if starting. Taumolo's tempting, but don't think I can do it.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:14 am

my tv broke wrote:Shit, i appreciate it fellas but im all good. Life has been a bit weird lately and accepting feelings and working through that has been therapeutic. Im a positive person with a good bunch of mates, we good. 2024 is on the up

standard-issue wrote:Dick pic sent to give you something to laugh at.

You told me you would just keep it for yourself...
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:18 am

WT Winfield wrote:Taaffe at 13% ownership currently. Let's see where that ends up.

Should be 0%
    Worse than Sloan
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:31 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Chucky wrote:Not on the golf course

I hear he does in the bedroom.
    Allegedly.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:14 am

WT Winfield wrote:

It struck me how small he looked amongst the other mids. I probably noticed it 2 years ago when starting LK for the Knights, but forgot since he was killing it fantasy wise.

I'll probably lock in Hughes and Xerri. Hutch and Salmon if they're starting.

Curran's one to think about if bench. A lot of options at MID/EDG around 500k, so don't want to miss a cut-price keeper and land a dud. Priced at 37 with a career avg of 41, jumps to 47 when playing > 30 mins, but the bulk of that comes from starting LK or EDG and switching to the middle, and playing 70-75 mins. As a benchy playing >30 mins, he averages 36.. >40 mins it's 39 and then gets worse, but minimal samples.

If picking a bench forward for 500k, May may be the better choice, but locks in early before a few questions can be answered. Probably better off waiting and flicking Curran for Lane, Smithies or Blore if starting. Taumolo's tempting, but don't think I can do it.

I think you can easily wait and see on roles for Curran and May

If Curran plays 60 straight off the bench he is probably worth a pick up. If it's 50 probably not

May scores a fair bit quicker so probably only needs 45-50 to be worth it but there is a chance he only gets 30 odd. Plus Robinson changes rotation week to week to suit the opposition so may not repeat in round 2
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:56 am

Hi do the buy players get lock in at the start or end of the round.

Can they be used for the loop as 4th Int ?
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:14 am

You no that problem when your “WIFES” team 😉 looks better than your team.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:18 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I think you can easily wait and see on roles for Curran and May

If Curran plays 60 straight off the bench he is probably worth a pick up. If it's 50 probably not

May scores a fair bit quicker so probably only needs 45-50 to be worth it but there is a chance he only gets 30 odd. Plus Robinson changes rotation week to week to suit the opposition so may not repeat in round 2

Thanks mate. I think you're right on the wait and see approach. Gambling on May could be fun (one for the Booze meme team?), but locking him in early could derail plans on the proper TLT and could just as easily be a slow start. Sitili's another I'm back and forth on in that Roosters pack. Trying to convince myself that Angus will shift Nat into the middle for some time and we get the old Sitili back. Might be another wait and see though.

This Vegas round really is a pain in the ass. Do you lock Burbo and NBrown into your squad? Do you start them straight up over the Strange/Hughes/Salmon types?

The later decisions on trades will play more of a part in the end, but potentially some early boom/bust predictions to be made.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:17 pm