NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Post by WT Winfield Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:21 am

THEGAME wrote:Hi do the buy players get lock in at the start or end of the round.

Can they be used for the loop as 4th Int ?

Bye players don't lock until the end, can be moved around and used to loop all weekend.
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Post by THEGAME Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:37 am

The amazing thinks you can do, when you don’t drop 2 Mil in your 1/2s 🤔
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:56 am

THEGAME wrote:The amazing thinks you can do, when you don’t drop 2 Mil in your 1/2s 🤔

Facts!!

Sounds like we are no clearer on the doggies forwards. Im not sure what theyd get out of sharing Salmon and Mann mins at lock. Whoever starts would have to get a sizeable role.

Still dont expect Farmer Sue to hang around. But R Sutton may return to the side.

Reasonably happy to lock in S Hughes. Salmon if he starts. Can probably pass on Curran if he isnt starting. Not sure I want Xerri in a bad team, but i havent seen him play so maybe others have a better perspective re eye test
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:03 am

my tv broke wrote:

Facts!!

Sounds like we are no clearer on the doggies forwards. Im not sure what theyd get out of sharing Salmon and Mann mins at lock. Whoever starts would have to get a sizeable role.

Still dont expect Farmer Sue to hang around. But R Sutton may return to the side.

Reasonably happy to lock in S Hughes. Salmon if he starts. Can probably pass on Curran if he isnt starting. Not sure I want Xerri in a bad team, but i havent seen him play so maybe others have a better perspective re eye test

I’m questioning Xerri too, but where to go up or down. Have him with either Burbo or Strange at mo.
    Maybe Burbo and Strange as Centres and use money else where 🤔

Post by Guest Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:04 am

THEGAME wrote:The amazing thinks you can do, when you don’t drop 2 Mil in your 1/2s 🤔

I have toyed with the idea of not picking up Cleary until after the bye and running with Fogarty and another cheap half, was thinking Hutcho but I can see him being more of a utility than a lock for half so that may be a risk. It would definitely allow for some balanced buying across my team.

Panthers first 5 games are against strong opposition but after the bye they have a run of easier games which makes me think Cleary's scoring may dip to start the season and be a good pick up after round 6 when there is a bit of cash generated to make him an even better buy.

The gutless side of me says get him now because most people have him as captain and if he comes out of the blocks strong then it will mean panic buying him anyway.

Likely to go the FOMO route.

Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:09 am

BaldShitTruck wrote:

I have toyed with the idea of not picking up Cleary until after the bye and running with Fogarty and another cheap half, was thinking Hutcho but I can see him being more of a utility than a lock for half so that may be a risk. It would definitely allow for some balanced buying across my team.

Panthers first 5 games are against strong opposition but after the bye they have a run of easier games which makes me think Cleary's scoring may dip to start the season and be a good pick up after round 6 when there is a bit of cash generated to make him an even better buy.

The gutless side of me says get him now because most people have him as captain and if he comes out of the blocks strong then it will mean panic buying him anyway.

Cleary’s scores in 2023 against teams before the bye:

Storm: 91, 84 (Prelim final)
    Eels: 78, 83
    Broncos: 106, 95 (grand final)
    Roosters: 79
    Manly: 100, 63

Average: 86.5
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:11 am

BaldShitTruck wrote:

Not being a spreadsheet / data kind of Bludger, I'm going only on my admittedly limited memory, but I don't think the strength of the opposition means squat to Cleary - he gets points no matter who the Panthers are playing. Match-ups be damned. The Great Chin is the best set-and-forget Captain in Fantasy. You hold off on him until after the Panthers bye and you're pissing points to the wind.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:15 am

my tv broke wrote:

Facts!!

I've failed a few eye tests, but Xerri hasn't looked bad. My MO is basement or sub 500k CTRs with potential to avg ~40. Can't really stretch the funds for Talakai or the Aitken/Penis types, so Xerri just stands out in the 450k price range.

I was relieved when Nikora cut him down in a desperation tackle to deny a try. One of those fistpumping "most will miss him now" moments Smile

Post by Guest Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:24 am

Camo123 wrote:

Cleary’s scores in 2023 against teams before the bye:

Storm: 91, 84 (Prelim final)
    Eels: 78, 83
    Broncos: 106, 95 (grand final)
    Roosters: 79
    Manly: 100, 63

Average: 86.5

Annihilation of my baseless theory complete
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:30 am

BaldShitTruck wrote:

Annihilation of my baseless theory complete

Doesn't necessarily make the strategy a bad one though. 5 games before the bye will feel like an age though, especially when it comes to captaincy. Hynes easier to pass on with the injury concerns now, might not goalkick.. maybe takes another week off and you'd be locked in with captaining. Haas would be the next best, but not really saving much cash for the points/captaincy hit on averages.

So I'm just gonna keep it simple and lock (C)leary in and use my limited brainpower elsewhere.
    Talfal
    Talfal

Post by Talfal Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:39 am

Cookie Monster wrote:  @mrbrownstone @biguceman @Talfal

You have either opened League invites and not joined your Leagues, or you have a PM waiting to be opened

Could you please join your Leagues or read your messages

For those who don't know where to find their Private Messages, I'll chuck this picture up again

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 28 Unread10

If you see "1 unread message" instead of "Messages" at the top of the page then you've got mail

Ive let him know, ty! sorry for being late, busy week at work
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:46 am

WT Winfield wrote:

I've failed a few eye tests, but Xerri hasn't looked bad. My MO is basement or sub 500k CTRs with potential to avg ~40. Can't really stretch the funds for Talakai or the Aitken/Penis types, so Xerri just stands out in the 450k price range.

I was relieved when Nikora cut him down in a desperation tackle to deny a try. One of those fistpumping "most will miss him now" moments Smile

I guess im going 2 x ctrs around the same price. Cant see me going cheaper than xerri. So in reality theyre all much of a muchness in that range. So xerri probably just stays.

Im tempted by billy smith as my other centre. Seriously lol

If burbo, by some miracle, becomes someone worth keeping, then whichever 500ish k centre i have can be offloaded
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:10 am

my tv broke wrote:

I guess im going 2 x ctrs around the same price. Cant see me going cheaper than xerri. So in reality theyre all much of a muchness in that range. So xerri probably just stays.

Im tempted by billy smith as my other centre. Seriously lol

If burbo, by some miracle, becomes someone worth keeping, then whichever 500ish k centre i have can be offloaded

That's some serious gutcall on Billy at that price haha. Xerri, Strange and Burbo in my squad currently and slim pickings under 500k. Arthars seems priced accordingly and not sure on job security. Leiataua probably no job security. Montoya, Suli etc. I like Xerri's chances better and feel like Strange can get me the 30-35 at basement price if he gets the nod.

I don't have any Titans or Dolphins yet, Palasia could break the rule though. Gets a start in the trial tomorrow, so might be one to watch.

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:29 am

True i didnt realise Strange was likely to get the gig. If hes there then that means ill probably run xerri and strange. Will be a standard combo.

I think Billy Smith is just as good a chance at averaging 40 as the rest in that range. Sort of just on the idea that roosters play well and theres some attacking points on offer. Seems to be locked in for left centre ?
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:36 am

my tv broke wrote:True i didnt realise Strange was likely to get the gig. If hes there then that means ill probably run xerri and strange. Will be a standard combo.

I think Billy Smith is just as good a chance at averaging 40 as the rest in that range. Sort of just on the idea that roosters play well and theres some attacking points on offer. Seems to be locked in for left centre ?

If it's a straight shoot-out between Xerri and Billy, I'd lean towards Roosters having more points in them. The only question is how many TBs Xerri can put up compared to Smith.

Unfortunately, until we see him in an actual NRL game we are just guessing at how effective Xerri will be in bringing the ball out of the Dogs red zone.
    EDIT: I didn't realise that Smith is nearly 100k more than Xerri. You'd have to think the extra $ to be used elsewhere makes a difference.

Last edited by The Bludger#2 on Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:37 am

Dogs apparently signing Zane Tetevano to further complicate their underwhelming middles logjam.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:38 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Will the fistpumps keep going when the same thing happens in round 1?
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:39 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Dogs apparently signing Zane Tetevano to further complicate their underwhelming middles logjam.
    A+
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:42 am

Thanks to Ciraldo's Middle rotations, Curran is looking more and more like a meh pick.
    Any ideas on another Middle at a similar price point?
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:45 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:Thanks to Ciraldo's Middle rotations, Curran is looking more and more like a meh pick.
    Any ideas on another Middle at a similar price point?

Tatola seems to be the safest, but also May.

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:56 pm