NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:53 pm

White Lightning wrote:

i really liked reading to hynes but after that i didn't i'm sorry bro there's a few players that are suspect like strange/weekes only 1 will play, i like kini, mikaele & luke in your scoring 17 & you're looping possibly levi who may not play, iro won't play, j. gagai will probably only get a couple of games & rabbits21 stated don't get j. gagai.

The thing i worked out about Levi is that even if you does start, he is basically the equivalent of a slow burning bench MID - no thanks
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by Teeth Eater Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:58 pm

THEGAME wrote:STACKED !!

Grant
    Haas Hopgood Yeo
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Hynes
    Burbo Strange
    Weeks Kini Pap

Luki Mikaele Luke L Fainu (loop)
    Levi Hughes Iro J Gagai

If no Weeks take Gagai’s Points
    If no Strange sub Iro if named

Zip Zero Zilch Nada ITB

Is Luke Soni Luke? As others noted, I don’t think Iro is a chance, is he?

I think there’ll be other issues next Tuesday, but assuming you can do a couple of like-minded swaps it’d be an interesting way to play it. I haven’t gone that all-in, but I don’t mind this train of thought at all.
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:59 pm

my tv broke wrote:

THEGAME is a big boy he can take a risk if he wants to

My wife may take the risk !!! 😉
    Tookey
    Tookey

Post by Tookey Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:00 pm

Jason Punching wrote:

Yezzir, this is huge for me. RTS is in my side. Top quality player with position locked down, his game is fantasy-relevant, and playing in a Wahs team that is going to be strong again - especially at home. Dual position a massive bonus, especially as one of those is CTR, and the tipping point.

Why I'm picking him. A set and forget beast with limited options in centre. Looked sharp during pre season games to.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:01 pm

THEGAME wrote:

If it all falls apart she can just blame injuries
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:02 pm

my tv broke wrote:

If it all falls apart she can just blame injuries

And people wonder why you get called an asshole here.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:07 pm

THEGAME wrote:
    my tv broke wrote:

THEGAME is a big boy he can take a risk if he wants to

She married you Badum1
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:20 pm

I really hate my 16-21. Driving me insane. Banking on a Moses-Cleary duo to lift me out of nothingness.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:27 pm

mickspicks wrote:I really hate my 16-21. Driving me insane. Banking on a Moses-Cleary duo to lift me out of nothingness.

yeah it's a tough gig this nrl fantasy & the fact that the fantasy gods have nrl fantasy's back & don't hesitate to punish us on a weekly basis.
    to be serious you know what has to happen you have to downgrade moses unless you have someone else who is more sellable.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:30 pm

mickspicks wrote:I really hate my 16-21. Driving me insane. Banking on a Moses-Cleary duo to lift me out of nothingness.

Mine atm is Lussick Luki Salmon Hughes Burbo Flanagan Mikaele BLANK 887k to add CTR and BLANK
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:31 pm

Anyone else with Haas and Cleary thinking of putting C on Haas?
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:35 pm

Loomer wrote:Anyone else with Haas and Cleary thinking of putting C on Haas?

Not captaining Cleary is a decision to leave you behind the 8-ball from the get go. It may pay off for you but at 50% ownership and likely 50% captaincy it's not worth the risk
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:37 pm

White Lightning wrote:

yeah it's a tough gig this nrl fantasy & the fact that the fantasy gods have nrl fantasy's back & don't hesitate to punish us on a weekly basis.
    to be serious you know what has to happen you have to downgrade moses unless you have someone else who is more sellable.

It's true.

I've got Ponga which could become Teddy, but I just have a feeling Ponga is going to rip it. That left Knight's Edge is very, very good.

I also have Elliot. Could become Sitili. But again, with Brailey nursing a hammy it frees up potentially more minutes.

As for Moses, the other options just seem like such a downgrade. Could use the cash to bolster others but they'll still fall within the "mid" category. Feel I'm better keeping Moses then playing someone like Hutch.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:38 pm

How high are we on Cheese and Smithies. FOMO on leaving them out in my current draft

Cheese obviously know the pros/cons for but main thing is his dual. Thinking about having him instead of Lussick, mainly because he locks out on Sunday. If Hands is on the bench then Lussick is deadweight and I'd already have my backup hooker for Grant

Smithies could go really well or be stable, I guess? Seems like a guy who scores 60 in base R1 and everyone scrambles to get him in though. Would you go Smithies over Cotter, for example?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:41 pm

I've been thinking about not starting with Haas to bolster my squad in other areas. tbh i think this sums it up pretty well

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 34 8hkaoe
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:42 pm

If McInness is named at hooker come TLT, will he get DPP?

I'm guessing not, as filling in for injured rather than owning it. But he is a hooker!

Of course BBrails may be fine, but still.... badly tempted by toothy man
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:42 pm

my tv broke wrote:I've been thinking about not starting with Haas to bolster my squad in other areas. tbh i think this sums it up pretty well

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 34 8hkaoe

I don't have Haas either as he should score at his price. There's plenty of mids that should score above their price
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:44 pm

mickspicks wrote:

It's true.

I've got Ponga which could become Teddy, but I just have a feeling Ponga is going to rip it. That left Knight's Edge is very, very good.

I also have Elliot. Could become Sitili. But again, with Brailey nursing a hammy it frees up potentially more minutes.

As for Moses, the other options just seem like such a downgrade. Could use the cash to bolster others but they'll still fall within the "mid" category. Feel I'm better keeping Moses then playing someone like Hutch.

keep ponga, downgrade elliott to sitili, keep moses
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:44 pm

THEGAME wrote:STACKED !!

Grant
    Haas Hopgood Yeo
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Hynes
    Burbo Strange
    Weeks Kini Pap

Luki Mikaele Luke L Fainu (loop)
    Levi Hughes Iro J Gagai

If no Weeks take Gagai’s Points
    If no Strange sub Iro if named

Zip Zero Zilch Nada ITB

I mentioned this a couple days ago, but these pages fill up so fast a lot wouldn't have seen it. Just remember the more money you have sunk into fairly priced players (most Guns) the LOWER your projected weekly score will be when compared to someone filling up on value plays, but you also won't likely be able to make as much salary cap throughout the year to allow you to make up the difference later meaning you will fall even further behind.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:44 pm

Shady2K wrote:

I don't have Haas either as he should score at his price. There's plenty of mids that should score above their price

I don't disagree with you. I was mainly flipping between Haas and Hopgood, but there's really not a lot of difference in cash there. I think they'll be much of a muchness between those two. I could go much cheaper, but then come the risks. Sometimes you've just got to stump up the cash for reliable points? I dunno.

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:28 am