NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Shady2K
    Shady2K

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 35 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by Shady2K Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:46 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I don't disagree with you. I was mainly flipping between Haas and Hopgood, but there's really not a lot of difference in cash there. I could go much cheaper, but then come the risks. Sometimes you've just got to stump up the cash for reliable points? I dunno.

I currently have Hopgood in to not get locked with Haas/Murray

Then if you still want a gun mid in your setup for TLT B you can stick with Hopgood, or maybe McInnes becomes an option at much cheaper. Or go JDB if Dragons have a utility on the bench. Or just go with Yeo
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 35 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:47 pm

Shady2K wrote:How high are we on Cheese and Smithies. FOMO on leaving them out in my current draft

Cheese obviously know the pros/cons for but main thing is his dual. Thinking about having him instead of Lussick, mainly because he locks out on Sunday. If Hands is on the bench then Lussick is deadweight and I'd already have my backup hooker for Grant

Smithies could go really well or be stable, I guess? Seems like a guy who scores 60 in base R1 and everyone scrambles to get him in though. Would you go Smithies over Cotter, for example?

i agree on smith because we don't know what ba will do
    cotter is the safe pick he's higher in price so if smithies impresses it's just 1 trade
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:48 pm

Shady2K wrote:How high are we on Cheese and Smithies. FOMO on leaving them out in my current draft

Cheese obviously know the pros/cons for but main thing is his dual. Thinking about having him instead of Lussick, mainly because he locks out on Sunday. If Hands is on the bench then Lussick is deadweight and I'd already have my backup hooker for Grant

Smithies could go really well or be stable, I guess? Seems like a guy who scores 60 in base R1 and everyone scrambles to get him in though. Would you go Smithies over Cotter, for example?

I have ended up with Cheese and Smithies in my team.

Cheese has job security and role that Lussick doesn't have sewn up. That MID dual is gold over R13 and R16. Everyone needs 2 HOK, don't want to have one that you can't play in the major bye rounds.

Smithies looks low risk downside to start the season and potential for lots of upside. Going to be awkward to trade in later if scoring well, but with uncertainty over future role and minutes when horse is back. Much more comfortable not having to waste a trade. If it doesn't work out, he can become Schuster or Campbell when they are starting.
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:48 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:If McInness is named at hooker come TLT, will he get DPP?

I'm guessing not, as filling in for injured rather than owning it. But he is a hooker!

Of course BBrails may be fine, but still.... badly tempted by toothy man

Yeah I've replaced Hopgood with McInnes. Just speaks to me more and my predilection for value in every corner of my team.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:50 pm

I'm guessing not, as filling in for injured rather than owning it. But he is a hooker!

\

I think he would likely be a rare exception to the rule and not get it, as filling in temporarily for injury.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:52 pm

Is this a possibility? Does BBrailey have an injury?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:54 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by multiple.scoregasms on Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:55 pm

Wouldn't want to be chasing kicks deep into the ingoals
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:55 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 35 43097310

Don't expect thrilling winger try put downs .... without serious injury concerns.

Surely they put high jump mats everywhere for player safety.

Last edited by mattnz on Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:56 pm

White Lightning wrote:

i agree on smith because we don't know what ba will do
    cotter is the safe pick he's higher in price so if smithies impresses it's just 1 trade

That is true. Cotter is also 26% ownership so there's safety in numbers if starting with him, then can see how Smithies goes as well
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:56 pm

nothing a whole heap of old mattresses can't fix
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:03 pm

Camo123 wrote:

You don’t often get guns 10 points underpriced

I think 53-54 is pretty realistic average for Fogarty which is 7-8 points value

I'll take it!
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:11 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Not captaining Cleary is a decision to leave you behind the 8-ball from the get go. It may pay off for you but at 50% ownership and likely 50% captaincy it's not worth the risk

If it's a 10pt swing either way will mean little and I think Haas good chance to outscore
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:12 pm

Jele wrote:

Is this a possibility? Does BBrailey have an injury?

There's probably utterly useless rumours floating around about BBrails and Finucane carrying niggles that'll keep them out of R1.

Nothing at all solid, I was just thinking through the DPP
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:13 pm

Loomer wrote:

If it's a 10pt swing either way will mean little and I think Haas good chance to outscore

You captain for the ceiling, Haas has tonned twice in his career. Cleary has three last season alone
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:16 pm

mattnz wrote:

And people wonder why you get called an asshole here.

i thought you liked blaming injuries - now i am confused - what should we blame this year?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:16 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:

Averaged 44 from 8 games of goal kicking last year - had 2.6 goals per game in them 365 km per game too and also inflated by a game with 2 tries and a score of 81.

I don't know. I think he should be great value ... but will it come to fruition I'm not so sure

I'm not sure your logic stacks up there mate. Fogarty averaged 46.6 last year. Are you saying that having goal kicking makes him score worse at 44 lol.

I think you've accidentally manipulated the stats to reverse-cherry pick. Only looking at games where he goal kicks, removes some of his best scores - scores which would be great if he added goal kicking to them. It's a nonsense.

Camo had it right when he said that he averaged 1 gk per game (2 points). Most goal kickers average about 3.5 goals (7 points). So Fogarty is about five points unders on goal kicking alone, pushing his average hopefully from 46.6 into the low 50s.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:22 pm

i have heard that smithies has made a world record number of tackles in a super league fixture and that he does not score every well. They cannot both be correct. anyone know for real?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:24 pm

White Lightning wrote:

i'm the same for me it's all about security of starts because otherwise hutchison would be my starting half & he doesn't have job security. in fact there's stuff all halves that are viable...cleary no brainer, hynes can't have both him & cleary due to team balance also has a quad issue, Moses @792k too expensive due to his best fantasy year but he has a nice early draw so is appealing, Flanagan has good job security as the coach is his dad but halves that have a very dominant partner like hunt will score mid 30's at best, hutchison is another who is paired up with a dominant half but people projecting 40-45 points could be in for a bit of a shock the 2nd trial he did hardly any kicking but he has better base than flanagan so could push high 30's & finally fogarty...there could be arguments for trindall if hynes is out injured apparently it's the same issue as in late 2023 so will the sharks be cautious which will give trindal a decent amount of games, metcalf some people think he's a good pick but i don't see it again playing next to a very dominant half, plath has come up in the conversation the last couple of days which begs the question why is he 500k in fantasy but only 278k in sc & 248k in vsdt but even at 500k i'd pick him if stone was injured for a while in fact if stone is going to play lock he's only 468k

Good post, but I tried reading it out loud and:

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 35 Sesame-street-bert-faint-alac5363enf0hcv8
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:28 pm

mattnz wrote:

And people wonder why you get called an asshole here.

Huh? The only person calling people assholes here is you from what I've seen, and if it continues you know the consequences first hand.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:07 am