NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:02 pm

Can't see the actual source, but this was on the storm forum about their lineup for next week

Team News: Newscorp have reported that Shawn Blore will join Katoa in the back row for round 1. Joe Chan has also impressed in the trials and has jumped the queue for a bench spot. They have also reported that Fa’alogo will be in the 17 somewhere and also confirmed Loiero being used as a middle forward.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by mattnz Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:04 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Can't see the actual source, but this was on the storm forum about their lineup for next week

Team News: Newscorp have reported that Shawn Blore will join Katoa in the back row for round 1. Joe Chan has also impressed in the trials and has jumped the queue for a bench spot. They have also reported that Fa’alogo will be in the 17 somewhere and also confirmed Loiero being used as a middle forward.

Nice, will be one of the mid rangers I am adding to the team next week.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:07 pm

Milchcow wrote:

So much for Bradley edge dream
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:08 pm

Just a reminder to those considering Salmon:

Probably best to be building your team around CURRAN, not Salmon. Curran is like 200k more, so if he’s named and salmon isn’t, you’ll have to rejig quite a lot to fit him in. If you plan for Curran, and salmon is picked, you actually gain that 200k to use elsewhere.

It’s risky planning to rejig to get Curran in because you’ll already have your Vegas players locked and you’ll have less cash to work with.

I only say this because every team I see posted has Salmon in it and not a big bank. IMO we should be planning for the worst and hoping for the best.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:09 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Just a reminder to those considering Salmon:

Probably best to be building your team around CURRAN, not Salmon. Curran is like 200k more, so if he’s named and salmon isn’t, you’ll have to rejig quite a lot to fit him in. If you plan for Curran, and salmon is picked, you actually gain that 200k to use elsewhere.

It’s risky planning to rejig to get Curran in because you’ll already have your Vegas players locked and you’ll have less cash to work with.

I only say this because every team I see posted has Salmon in it and not a big bank. IMO we should be planning for the worst and hoping for the best.

Bro acts like re-jigging a team takes more than 2 minutes

Kind of also why posting squads is pointless atm with so many unknowns
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:11 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Bro acts like re-jigging a team takes more than 2 minutes

Kind of also why posting squads is pointless atm with so many unknowns
    It could easy be done quick, but you might not enjoy downgrading Luki to a Mikaele to afford it
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:12 pm

Milchcow wrote:

And back onto the radar is the oh fuck I have 3 Storm in R4 bye problem
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:22 pm

Camo123 wrote:

And back onto the radar is the oh fuck I have 3 Storm in R4 bye problem

Jiggled Grant back into your team have you mate
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:26 pm

Are Cap and VC looked in after 1st lock out even if not Vegas players ?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:27 pm

THEGAME wrote:Are Cap and VC looked in after 1st lock out even if not Vegas players ?

Yes its the same as every other round. Its all round one.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:27 pm

mattnz wrote:I have a feeling that there will be very few cheap guys worth having this season and lots of mid rangers with job security worth having.

Trying my best not to have to be wasting trades on the $250k guys with bad job security and / or poor scoring.

Instead I want to be spending my trades optimising the mid range value picks.

Currently have a team structure with just 5 < $300k guys, will look to be selective with them, 4 guns and lots of mid rangers to swap in the best new value mid rangers that appear, for those that don't perform so well. Currently locked in cheapies are Strange or Weekes, Hughes, Salmon if starting at lock. Looking to add another 2 pending team lists.

Looking at just having Brandon, Tupoinua, Wong, Piakura and Turbo this weekend, leaving lots of flexibility when the rest of the teams are announced next week for the other 16 players.

New team name - Mid-Range Non-PODS?
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:31 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Just Messaged Craig Bellamy and let him know I need Kane to start at edge for my team. Should be sweet to keep Kane now fellas. Coffee
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:35 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Jiggled Grant back into your team have you mate

As a placeholder, yes

Definitely by no means locked in
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:41 pm

I hope next week throws up some decent WFB cheap options

Just looking at what is available sub $300k

Kini - Possibly the best potential scorer of those playing week 1. but has bye round 2, and may be dumped by week 3

Jacob Gagai - will he survive when Wighton comes in? Maybe gets until Munro gets fit. Does any of that count as job security?

Then there's a bunch of Canberra players?
    Weekes? If Strange doesn't get the gig
    Cotric - might be the better option (and I use the term loosely, he averaged 25 as a winger last year) but who gets dumped from the Raiders backline team when Kris comes back in round 2?
    Schiller - less job security than others named, if he even plays round 1

Assuming that you want a WFB on your bench but probably not your scoring 17, there are very few options that don't cost more money than you want to spend.

I assume a lot of people are just naming Kini/Bradley/Stewart and hoping it resolves itself come TLT, but there' a real possibility a lot of us will end up with Jacob Gagai and hoping he isn't shit

Other options are someone like Jesse Arthars (or even more expensive) as an NPR, and that seems like asking for trouble.
    Or just playing without a backup WFB to start with and hope something turns up (Jayden Campbell in round 3?)

It almost makes Blake Taaffe and his $330k look like a stellar option (and I would rather have Taffe than Arthars)

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:50 pm

Imagine picking Arthars as NPR cover and then you need him for Papys bye in round 4 and he gives you an 8

You can kind of carry duds for a bit if youre top 15 or so is scorinf well. No one ends up with the perfect squad.

lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:53 pm

You can have Nanai for nearly the same price as Smithy.

Seems silly to me.

What doesn't seem silly is have Tolo, Cotter and Nanai up front. Crazy enough to work huh?
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:54 pm

And on top of that, Cows draw is a dream. No byes to worry about. Load em up boys.
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:59 pm

I'm hating this split Round 1 more and more by the second. I don't want too many Vegas players cause I want heaps of flexibility for next week. But roosters, broncos and manly all have really good early season bye schedules. Probably the best teams to look at keepers from for that reason. But I don't want to lock up too much money in case TLT2 isn't kind for my team and I have to get rid of guys. There's the obvious cows and mid-ranges. But then there's the iffy ones that play in Vegas, they might be the best option, but someone better might pop up in TLT2.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:59 pm

Rabbit wrote:Hearing Max Plath might slot in at lock for the Dolphins. Will get dual HB and Mid if so. Good player. Beefed up. Likes a tackle and can score tries. New contract extension until '26. I'm picking him. If he doesn't get named I've got $500k to spend next week.

If Plath is selected them I'm 100% getting him
    Eaglestar
    Eaglestar

Post by Eaglestar Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:01 pm

I'll most likely not touch Blore even if starting because of the round 4 bye and worried won't be able to cover round 4. Is so many other options in that position anyway, but i'll keep eye on him.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:06 am