NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by Honey Badger Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:12 pm

Loomer wrote:Anyone else with Haas and Cleary thinking of putting C on Haas?

Maybe for this split round
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by Snatchpato Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:13 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Oh I get it now, still catching up. Yeah this was probably unnecessary. And ET has already warned you once. Settle it down hey?
    Hang on a minute is Mulvy old?

Mulvy wrote:Nah, I'm still confused. Anyway play nice peeps. I'm off to buy some beers.
    Yes Mulvy is old.

I want to have a beer with Mulvy
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:15 pm

Okay new fucking conversation:

Rate for me the players who will be locked into our sides post Las Vegas. I also want a % of how important they are to have locked in so I don't fuck up and miss someone obvious.

I'll start:

Nathan Cleary (97%)
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:15 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

I think because you were the first to respond? Dunno, but if someone posts their team in the main thread, whether they ask for critique or not, they're opening themselves up for it. Especially that team that looked like swiss cheese from Rd 1 and was only gonna get worse.

Agree, but with some posters here, it isn't what is said, but who said it that elicits a different reaction.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:21 pm

Have I been called to the principles office ?
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:22 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Okay new fucking conversation:

Rate for me the players who will be locked into our sides post Las Vegas. I also want a % of how important they are to have locked in so I don't fuck up and miss someone obvious.

I'll start:

Nathan Cleary (97%)

Brendan Piakura (80%)

Too much value to ignore, and safe as houses in terms of job security. The slightest concern of the injury slowing him down is the only reason he isn't a higher %.
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:23 pm

I'll start:

Nathan Cleary (97%)

Piakura 90%
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:25 pm

I'll start:

Nathan Cleary (97%)

Keano Kini 25%
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:25 pm

mattnz wrote:

Agree, but with some posters here, it isn't what is said, but who said it that elicits a different reaction.

True. Guilty here. I love a good one-liner and if it's topical or a forum inside joke, I post it without much thought or malice. Probably gets old though.

Today's a slow ass day and we're probably getting impatient. Looking through my team, I think everyone's been discussed to death.

I'm so bored, I'm back and forth doing some housecleaning in the air con. Hot as fuck, so I'm not going out. Turns out smoking like a chimney tends to stain shit. I'm sure my lungs are fine though.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:26 pm

mattnz wrote:

Matt I'm on your side on this one. I think most people are seeing you overreact to a simple joke, but I understand that "simple jokes" which repeatedly get said can build up to quite a lot of resentment. When you react negatively to "simple jokes" you come across as a cry-baby and overreacting, because people don't appreciate that you've faced it day-in day-out for, well, ever.

You have a polarising personality and playstyle which opens itself up to a lot of these "simple jokes", however I feel it would be healthy if people just reflect on the fact that these "simple jokes", repeated ad nauseam, can be quite taxing on an individual.

With that said, I think it's important you call out these behaviours when they begin to upset you, rather than ignore them to the point that you come out and call MTB an asshole. Just like a lot of people don't appreciate how you might be feeling about these snide remarks over time, you might not be appreciating that others don't see them as anything other than a simple joke. If you let people know when it bothers you, I'm sure people (most people) will stop doing it. The majority of people here are just doing it for the banter, but not at the risk of upsetting others.

e.g. If Mulvy said "hey Snatch I don't appreciate you joking that I'm old" I 100% would refrain from making that joke in future.

Having written all this I can 100% see myself winning the softcock of the year award which I'm absolutely livid about, and almost deleted this post in lieu of, however I think it's important for all of us to consider each other's perspective before it all gets out of hand.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:27 pm

I'll start:

Nathan Cleary (97%)

Generally, I think there are less must haves than I had assumed there would be earlier in the pre-season.

Not sure that there is anyone playing this weekend that you absolutely must have, that there are no similar options you could spend your cash on and get similar value / job security.

Roosters forwards roulette and minutes, doesn't make any of them must have but most will have at least one of Tupoinua or Wong (unless Butcher starts last minute).

Piakura may not start with an 80 minute role while coming back from injury and is only a 40 average guy anyway. Likely to find more value at some of the slightly higher price points like Luki, who can be retained in your team longer than a 40 average guy, so you can max out his value increases. Most serious players will have him though.

Even next weekend, I think there are very few must haves:

Strange/Weekes

Hughes - but less so than when Curran was assumed to be starting lock, with one of Mann or Salmon missing the 17. King and Curran getting big minutes at prop, probably means a smaller role than if Curran was at lock and needing to fill prop minutes.

Salmon or Curran if starting lock.

Lots of mid range value options, that could all be boom or bust and low cost guys with decent points upside, but typically with a lack of job security, or uncertainty on minutes.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:28 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Keano Kini 1%
    Yep fixed this for you.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:29 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

Sweet, he's gone.

Let's see....... hey @White Lightning we haven't had a blue in ages. Wanna go you useless old bastard?

Here, I'll get us started. Ahem

"We should ban all shoulder-and-above contact, and anyone who disagrees doesn't care about player welfare and doesn't understand modern sport."

Cmon, get a dog up ya!

that's right it was a good one too you old prick & banning above waste contact my fathert will be turning in his grave
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:29 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    Matt I'm on your side on this one. I think most people are seeing you overreact to a simple joke, but I understand that "simple jokes" which repeatedly get said can build up to quite a lot of resentment. When you react negatively to "simple jokes" you come across as a cry-baby and overreacting, because people don't appreciate that you've faced it day-in day-out for, well, ever.

You have a polarising personality and playstyle which opens itself up to a lot of these "simple jokes", however I feel it would be healthy if people just reflect on the fact that these "simple jokes", repeated ad nauseam, can be quite taxing on an individual.

With that said, I think it's important you call out these behaviours when they begin to upset you, rather than ignore them to the point that you come out and call MTB an asshole. Just like a lot of people don't appreciate how you might be feeling about these snide remarks over time, you might not be appreciating that others don't see them as anything other than a simple joke. If you let people know when it bothers you, I'm sure people (most people) will stop doing it. The majority of people here are just doing it for the banter, but not at the risk of upsetting others.

e.g. If Mulvy said "hey Snatch I don't appreciate you joking that I'm old" I 100% would refrain from making that joke in future.

Having written all this I can 100% see myself winning the softcock of the year award which I'm absolutely livid about, and almost deleted this post in lieu of, however I think it's important for all of us to consider each other's perspective before it all gets out of hand.

Spoken like a true teacher. I agree with Snatch.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:30 pm

I'll start:

Nathan Cleary (97%)

Tupouniua - 75%

DPP and cheap enough to take the risk on. It might not work out job security wise but you don’t wanna be on the wrong side of the ledger if it does.
    Obviously conditional on not being switched out of the starting lineup, as per MTB’s insider update NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 37 1f609
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:31 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

I think because you were the first to respond? Dunno, but if someone posts their team in the main thread, whether they ask for critique or not, they're opening themselves up for it. Especially that team that looked like swiss cheese from Rd 1 and was only gonna get worse.

I thought MTB was lampooning the fact that Matt responded with a very serious comment, to what was clearly a taking the piss team? Meh still don't know.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:32 pm

Ah feck I'm roller coasting again...
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:33 pm

my tv broke wrote:Have I been called to the principles office ?

yes 1000 lines...the bulldogs are the greatest team rugby league has ever produced
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:33 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

Sweet, he's gone.

Let's see....... hey @White Lightning we haven't had a blue in ages. Wanna go you useless old bastard?

Here, I'll get us started. Ahem

"We should ban all shoulder-and-above contact, and anyone who disagrees doesn't care about player welfare and doesn't understand modern sport."

Cmon, get a dog up ya!

Very Happy
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:35 pm

Snatchpato wrote:

Early season ‘post of the year’ candidate.

Agree whole heartedly and know that we are all guilty of slipping in to casual and bad habits.
    Call it what it is and we can hopefully move on.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:12 am