NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:08 pm

my tv broke wrote:I'd probably roll with Kiraz (in place of tommy hammies) if i knew he was 100% fit.

In his interview a couple of weeks ago, he mentioned recovering from a back injury, but no mention of it being a concern to start the season. I am guessing that not playing trials was precautionary and a chance to give some others that werent certain to start an opportunity to play.
    Finch
    Finch

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by Finch Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:11 pm

Well, 48 hours till game time, might as well start making a team Very Happy
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:18 pm

mattnz wrote:

In his interview a couple of weeks ago, he mentioned recovering from a back injury, but no mention of it being a concern to start the season. I am guessing that not playing trials was precautionary and a chance to give some others that werent certain to start an opportunity to play.

thats exactly what i mean though. not playing as a precaution means (imo) he isn't 100% fit. they're a bad team and they named the strongest team they could for that last trial. he aint no cam munster

different if he played the trial and looked good.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:20 pm

I’m going Tommy Hammys and we’ll say no more about it
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:24 pm

Aardvark wrote:I’m going Tommy Hammys and we’ll say no more about it

It blew out when he was chased down the strip by a Thai boy hooker he refused to pay when he found out. He'll be a late withdrawal
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:26 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Currently have Weekes at WFB and Cotric in EMG

But for WFB cover effectively have cover through Simonsson (and Burbo) for R4 Papenhuyzen bye

Yeah I kinda don't mind if Weekes is picked ahead of Strange, then I'll downgrade Rapana to him. Like ytsb though, wondering about WFB cover when Bradley presumably doesn't get picked. In the back of my mind, downgrading Teddy to like Cobbo or Simmo could work, but I'm too stubborn to do that.

Campbell's one to keep in mind though if I can survive that long. Was more just hoping for a Rd 2 or 3 CTR/WFB gift.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:28 pm

No Worries wrote:

It blew out when he was chased down the strip by a Thai boy hooker he refused to pay when he found out. He'll be a late withdrawal

I am amazed that we haven't had any shenanigans in the news yet. I guess it is because no one knows who they are in Las Vegas, so aren't on peoples phone cameras all the time, not that they aren't being naughty.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:30 pm

my tv broke wrote:

thats exactly what i mean though. not playing as a precaution means (imo) he isn't 100% fit. they're a bad team and they named the strongest team they could for that last trial. he aint no cam munster

different if he played the trial and looked good.

He has been in full training this week, and has another week before he needs to play. If named at CTR, I will be getting him.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:30 pm

mattnz wrote:

I am amazed that we haven't had any shenanigans in the news yet. I guess it is because no one knows who they are in Las Vegas, so aren't on peoples phone cameras all the time, not that they aren't being naughty.

I picture Vegas as like China, where you can't send any shit out to the real world. Unless it's a virus obv. What happens in Vegas etc.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:31 pm

It could be the year where we set our backs and work our way through to the gun forwards throughout the season trading up our mid level forwards and bringing in forward cashcows. I'm thinking that with the exception of Vegas we could see outside backs/fullbacks allowed a bit more space and time in kick returns, that and the fact there aren't any clear cut backline cashcows. You may feel like you are chasing the game early on but not trading in every 2 game winger and centre through the season to fill the backline may be a lot less stress and just plod away upgrading the 400-500k forwards.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:32 pm

Aardvark wrote:I’m going Tommy Hammys and we’ll say no more about it

No Worries wrote:

I refuse to believe it! he went and saw Dr Nick in Colorado and everything and did some inarticulate interviews claiming he was the fittest he’s ever been in his entire life (and that’s quite a long time although only about half as long as mine)
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:34 pm

mattnz wrote:

He has been in full training this week, and has another week before he needs to play. If named at CTR, I will be getting him.

Reported for baiting
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:34 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

i have heard that smithies has made a world record number of tackles in a super league fixture and that he does not score every well. They cannot both be correct. anyone know for real?

I read this also, eleventy billion tackles in a super league game. Hard to get his work rate from the trials games, where he didn’t score fantastic, but may not have played many minutes also… I’m on the fence about whether or not to take the risk
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:36 pm

Some details on NRL Physio podcast with Fantasy Amateurs
    Doesn’t think Mahoney MT increase due to shoulder injury more on Bulldogs middle
    Jayden Brailey no thanks
    Cheese no major injury risk but may be more technical tackle issues/lack of self preservation
    Taumalolo drop off seemingly not related to injury unless there was hidden setbacks with surgery on knee cartilage (gut feel is just role in team)
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:37 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

I picture Vegas as like China, where you can't send any shit out to the real world. Unless it's a virus obv. What happens in Vegas etc.

Anyone not like vegas? Ive been twice and it was a good time but it felt so...sterile and commerialised (obviously). Not sure id be that interested in going back. I did spend all my time on the mains strip which i admit is a bit of a rookie error

Last edited by my tv broke on Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:39 pm

Someone talk me out of Levi. Looks bolted on for around 7 points, potential 10 points of value there. The real benefit is what I assume is a reliable person in the 18-21 in an otherwise barren wasteland of sadness
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:40 pm

TheWeapon wrote:

I read this also, eleventy billion tackles in a super league game. Hard to get his work rate from the trials games, where he didn’t score fantastic, but may not have played many minutes also… I’m on the fence about whether or not to take the risk

Limited minutes, was something like 27 points in 28 minutes, so looks like a 1PPM guy as a tackle bot. Guessing his minutes could be anywhere from 45 to what Horse was getting at around 70.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:40 pm

ytsb wrote:Someone talk me out of Levi. Looks bolted on for around 7 points, potential 10 points of value there. The real benefit is what I assume is a reliable person in the 18-21 in an otherwise barren wasteland of sadness

Hes a horrendous pick but its pretty hard to ignore a starting hooker* at that price

*Obvious caveats abound
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:46 pm

White Lightning wrote:rapana, kiraz, pappy looks tempting

Yeah thats my current back 3
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:46 pm

ytsb wrote:Someone talk me out of Levi. Looks bolted on for around 7 points, potential 10 points of value there. The real benefit is what I assume is a reliable person in the 18-21 in an otherwise barren wasteland of sadness

Not sure he makes his low BE with 50 mins

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:49 am