NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:31 am

Loomer wrote:If I go Flanagan as 2nd half to Cleary I can afford Murray along with Grant Haas Ponga as expensive guns. Tempted. I would VC Murray C Haas

Grant
    Haas Murray Cotter
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Flanno
    Strange (Kris)
    Ponga Papy Kini

Sitili Luki Salmon Hughes
    Burbo Willison Levi Mikaele +72k itb

There are a few issues with Flanagan

1/ He has only played 5/8 once. This was with a much less dominant half (Chad Townsend) and for the most part, they shared long-range kicking duties. During this period (in 2019) he averaged 37
    2/ During this time, he average 2 goials per game, so you can take four points of him straight away. He is not kicking this year so his comparative avg slides to 33.
    3/ Also kicks metres were obtained every 20 metres, compared to 30 now. Assuming he maintains the same share of kicking duties, he is back down another 2.5 points per game to 30.5.
    4/ He is playing with a much more dominant HLF, who is likely to do most of the long kicking If you take this into account he might at a pinch wake out 28 points per week if he is lucky
    5/ You could argue that Hunt is far lmore dominant than Burton. Yet his scores at the Bulldogs were putrid.

I hope that Flanagan goes well for those that plck him... But I am gambling that if he is not the messiah - and not even particularly naughty

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by King Assassin Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:32 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Easier 40/20s? Or more difficult because it's narrower. Idk.

I guess given the markings that if Payne Haas runs 189m he'll be marked as 200m. That's a whole extra point of value, load up.

Not gonna make a difference, the defence line will only go back 9.5m so it should all cancel each other out.
    precursor
    precursor

Post by precursor Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:32 am

While we're on the topic of traps... did we reach a verdict on Kini? He's currently not in my squad but if someone like Salmon proves non-viable I suppose I could grab him... Seems kind of pointless to have him and not play him though. I still think having him and gunning up in other areas is a bit of a risk, especially with Pap's early bye.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:33 am

GreenSchist wrote:Trap city?
    Spoiler:

did Trent Robinson say this though... it sounds very unlike a Trent Robinson thing to do
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:33 am

precursor wrote:While we're on the topic of traps... did we reach a verdict on Kini? He's currently not in my squad but if someone like Salmon proves non-viable I suppose I could grab him... Seems kind of pointless to have him and not play him though. I still think having him and gunning up in other areas is a bit of a risk, especially with Pap's early bye.

Its a big risk, but i might roll with it.

We can debate when and how campbell will return, but atm, no one really knows.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:40 am

Loomer wrote:If I go Flanagan as 2nd half to Cleary I can afford Murray along with Grant Haas Ponga as expensive guns. Tempted. I would VC Murray C Haas

Grant
    Haas Murray Cotter
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Flanno
    Strange (Kris)
    Ponga Papy Kini

Sitili Luki Salmon Hughes
    Burbo Willison Levi Mikaele +72k itb

I’m 50/50 on the Haas/Murray VC

It’s a likely points loss to mitigate a very unlikely scenario which could be a big points gain and a trade saved on the field. But I guess that is the definition of insurance
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:40 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

did Trent Robinson say this though... it sounds very unlike a Trent Robinson thing to do

It does not come from the guru twitter feed apparently

https://twitter.com/RL_Guru?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Sauce Sauce Sauce

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:42 am

my tv broke wrote:

The lines are marked 9.45m apart.

Dont know how the stats will work tbh. I would assume 180 run metres will be 180m metres. Or a run metre stats literally just an estimate still with stats man/lady marking a guesstimate based on eye.

I supposed i assumed stats like that are now digitised/automated somewhat. But i dont know.

Yeah its something only fantasy nerds would care about

The field is still marked 10m intervals but it’s really only 9.45m apart. Meaning a 40/20 is really 38ish metres and a 20m kick return is 19ish and so on
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:47 am

* The Dragons will hand out two debuts if Blake Lawrie (ribs) and Jacob Liddle (hamstring) fail to recover in time. Of the pair, Liddle is the more likely starter with his hamstring complaint not serious. If Liddle is out 26-year-old Jesse Marschke would play his first NRL match off the bench with Connor Muhleisen starting. Towering youngster Viliami Fifita is on standby for Lawrie who is considered touch-and-go to play the Titans.

* The Sharks will be boosted by the return of Dale Finucane from a calf niggle to help an understrength forward pack. Finucane skipped the trials given the history of the injury.

* The Knights, who will be without Jayden Brailey for at least the opening two games, are considering handing Englishman Kai Pearce-Paul his first start.

* Xerri on stand-by for Kiraz, will only play R1 if Kiraz isn't fit in time.
    (DT - Michael Carayannis)
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:53 am

Thanks Tigs.

Might aswell punt Xerri now then. Matt was right (and Jele).
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:54 am

https://twitter.com/RL_Guru?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Sauce Sauce Sauce

The plot thickens.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:58 am

Just a heads up that not long after Sivo got suspended for the first three weeks of the season, the Eels promoted Blaize Talagi to a top 30 contract. For those who are pushing it fine and really need a 230k option that is not Jacob Gagai, he could be the one (at least for 3 weeks until Sivo is back - by which time, he may have made descent coin) He is not in the system yet

One to look out for on Tuesday

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:59 am

WFB/CTR is such a wasteland for cashcows this season
    The only promising options have questionable job security
    Do I really want to spend my first few weeks wasting trades on these positions?
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:59 am

GreenSchist wrote:

The plot thickens.

where did you find the image ?
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:03 am

Chewie wrote:WFB/CTR is such a wasteland for cashcows this season
    The only promising options have questionable job security
    Do I really want to spend my first few weeks wasting trades on these positions?

I think the rules are thrown out the window and you need some stable guns in either position to start
    precursor
    precursor

Post by precursor Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:03 am

my tv broke wrote:

Its a big risk, but i might roll with it.

We can debate when and how campbell will return, but atm, no one really knows.

Looking like I may have to with Kiraz in a bit of doubt... was keen on him for CTR dual when Burbo or Strange don't work out.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:05 am

Sauce Sauce Sauce

The screenshot is from facebook
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:05 am

Tigs wrote:* The Dragons will hand out two debuts if Blake Lawrie (ribs) and Jacob Liddle (hamstring) fail to recover in time. Of the pair, Liddle is the more likely starter with his hamstring complaint not serious. If Liddle is out 26-year-old Jesse Marschke would play his first NRL match off the bench with Connor Muhleisen starting. Towering youngster Viliami Fifita is on standby for Lawrie who is considered touch-and-go to play the Titans.

* The Sharks will be boosted by the return of Dale Finucane from a calf niggle to help an understrength forward pack. Finucane skipped the trials given the history of the injury.

* The Knights, who will be without Jayden Brailey for at least the opening two games, are considering handing Englishman Kai Pearce-Paul his first start.

* Xerri on stand-by for Kiraz, will only play R1 if Kiraz isn't fit in time.
    (DT - Michael Carayannis)

I guess we dont know that Kiraz is 100% fit... Hmmmm
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:06 am

my tv broke wrote:

I guess we dont know that Kiraz is 100% fit... Hmmmm

Same article.

It is understood that Kiraz is tracking well to be passed fit to play the Eels on Saturday despite not being able to feature in any trials as he continues to make his way back from a back injury.

Blake Taaffe will start at fullback despite a shaky trial stint with Xerri on standby should Kiraz have a training mishap in the next couple of days.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:08 am

Back injuries are legit though, even if youre good to play, it doesnt mean youll go as hard as you would if you had absolutely zero concerns.

Anyway probably still roll with him

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:59 am